unreal prices for all end game gear

I just have zero interest flipping stuff or going out of my way to acquire crazy farming gear. I love this game for several reasons but playing economist in order to even afford good end-game gear is not one of them. To me, endless flipping and stuff like it is just incredibly boring and NOT the point of a game like this. Although GGG *did* say the game economy is the most important aspect of the entire game to them, so, yeah, you can see where their priorities are. To create an ARPG economy simulator.

I play this game to try out fun, interesting, powerful builds. I don't play it to be a professional ARPG currency/item salesman. So people like me are kinda SOL if we don't do that. That is pretty much a shame and I feel even worse for people who don't have the necessary information about the game to even know this problem and later on quit because they have no real chance end-game because their gear has been crap since level 65. Also, for people who have lives, jobs, friends and loved ones we certainly can't no-life this game like some can. This makes out situation ever worse if we're simply not interested in flipping stuff.
Last edited by Route1 on Jul 16, 2014, 4:21:46 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
"
slantasiam wrote:
... loath bane dagger ....

.... longtime players have them when they were cheap ...

There would never have been a time when an item like that dagger would have been cheap.

I do have a quick couple of questions for you, as I am fascinated by your post:
  • How much play-time would you expect to put in to get the best available items?
  • What would your play goals be after that point?
  • What other games do you play, and were you looking for a comparable experience?

If you'd prefer to answer privately, hit the PM button next to this post.

lol, just from my own perspective, I'd have expected to find something that made me go 'fuck yeah' in over 1000 hours. Dagger like that? Not even on my radar. Like a Shav's, or a dozen other OP uniques, exalts, eternals, mirrors. They may as well not exist.

I have found 2 exalts. The first was off some scrubby white dude in a map (dunes, maybe?) probably 1200 hours in, the second I couldn't even tell you, though it was within 40 hours later. The only thing I found remarkable was how unremarkable it all felt. This game asks you to pay and pay and pay to get any 'reward', and you invariably pay more than the reward is worth.

I've stopped playing because of this. Not because I found something great.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
People don't acquire exalts by finding them - they acquire them by selling stuff to get them. Alts > Jews > Fuse > Exalts. Midnights or Hopes. Leveling popular gems in offslot, corrupting to land 1-2 out of 6 and selling. Chancing Gavels and Hubris Circlets.

It's all RNG - put yourself out there for enough of the big hits, and you will land something and make money.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
"
Asidra wrote:
People don't acquire exalts by finding them - they acquire them by selling stuff to get them. Alts > Jews > Fuse > Exalts. Midnights or Hopes. Leveling popular gems in offslot, corrupting to land 1-2 out of 6 and selling. Chancing Gavels and Hubris Circlets.

It's all RNG - put yourself out there for enough of the big hits, and you will land something and make money.

what if I simply do not want to do this stuff? What if this takes away from the fun of this game for me? Am I simply doomed to being poor my entire time because this game forces you to be a used car salesman?

the most I ever do is try and sell some of the better drops I find in the forums, and for some reason, at REDUCED prices, people dont bite. These are things people can actually use, too.
Last edited by Route1 on Jul 16, 2014, 6:08:51 PM
"
Route1 wrote:

what if I simply do not want to do this stuff? What if this takes away from the fun of this game for me? Am I simply doomed to being poor my entire time because this game forces you to be a used car salesman?

the most I ever do is try and sell some of the better drops I find in the forums, and for some reason, at REDUCED prices, people dont bite. These are things people can actually use, too.

to sell you really need a store. even if just for a few items. why ? your item has to get on an indexer.

no indexer listing => long time to sell.

unless you have a particularly noteworthy rare, and are bumping your sell thread all the time, people are not going to see it.

they'll see it, because, like me, they are on xyz all the time, finding something with enough of a dex stat that will let them respec that annoying +30 dex node that is letting them use a level 20 grace.

having a shop with just a few things isn't too annoying of a descent into path of trading.

i personally hate vendoring nice things that i can't immediately use, but i run out of stash space saving them all. rings and ammies are a good example of something that can take a long time to sell, but will eventually sell. they often have stats that are just _exactly_ what someone needs, and therefore are waiting for that buyer to come along.

"
slantasiam wrote:
"
"
slantasiam wrote:
lol like I have a choice? ambush ended and my toon I worked hard on is now here...

the 1 month leagues are fun as hell right now.

ya they are fun for a month then it ends up in standard and being not equipped you start over at 66 like I said. whole game is based on make it to 66 cant buy gear repeat....

If you play the HC league you drop to HC not Standard.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Qarl wrote:
"
slantasiam wrote:

There would never have been a time when an item like that dagger would have been cheap.

• How much play-time would you expect to put in to get the best available items?
  • What other games do you play, and were you looking for a comparable experience?

- I'm 500 hours+ in and all I found was 2 exalts from drop and no high end game gear. Not even a simple andvarius. Not a single one good pricy unique. The only thing worth something was a 6 Linked Quills Rain which I sold for 15 exalts when Ambush started. This item compared to my playtime is nothing. In Torhclight2 and Titan Quest I had much much better items much sooner. Still playing those games, high reward for time invested not like PoE.
- Goals ? Reroll a new character, trade my valuable items for other ones I can use with the new characters and so on.
- As I said, TL2, TQ. Hell even in D2 I had much better items without trading involved.

Now let me ask you a question. Do you think 2 exalted orb lifetime drops in 2 years and 500h+ is allright ? How much play-time would you expect me to put in to get more ? 1000h ? 5000h ?
To become rich in a game, you have to understand how the game functions.

Unless you get a mirror drop, you will never get rich from currency drops. No matter how you play.

Take it from a player who has released over 20 mirror worthy items :

"
Ventor wrote:
I have a level 100 and multiple 90+ characters, so needless to say, I have played a lot of this game. And for that, I have had 1 Eternal drop for me. Just one.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Standard/Hardcore leagues are awful. I don't know what GGG are thinking claiming that is their base game.

Any new player coming in and starting in either won't stay long, that is almost certain. Hardcore is a ghost town and Standard has probably 10,000 too many exalted orbs.

Until a new perm league is started this isn't going to change. The only solution to the Standard economy is a wipe of all non-equipped gear. That would make standard viable again while leaving the toons there still playable. But even that would be iffy.
"
"
Qarl wrote:
"
slantasiam wrote:

- I'm 500 hours+ in and all I found was 2 exalts from drop and no high end game gear. Not even a simple andvarius. Not a single one good pricy unique. The only thing worth something was a 6 Linked Quills Rain which I sold for 15 exalts when Ambush started. This item compared to my playtime is nothing. In Torhclight2 and Titan Quest I had much much better items much sooner. Still playing those games, high reward for time invested not like PoE.
- Goals ? Reroll a new character, trade my valuable items for other ones I can use with the new characters and so on.
- As I said, TL2, TQ. Hell even in D2 I had much better items without trading involved.

Now let me ask you a question. Do you think 2 exalted orb lifetime drops in 2 years and 500h+ is allright ? How much play-time would you expect me to put in to get more ? 1000h ? 5000h ?

sorry bro, but even though you put in all of this time playing, you're not PLAYING SMART. /sarcasm

currency drop rates outside of using your character to be an endless farmer are absolutely ridiculous. Thus is just more evidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info