-- Block Blender 1.2 --

Do you still think this build is viable with the new skill tree that's been shown? It's seemed like dual wielding has taken a heavy blow.
"
Jeffreygrr wrote:
Do you still think this build is viable with the new skill tree that's been shown? It's seemed like dual wielding has taken a heavy blow.

I heard they showed it but I haven't seen yet. Link?
all I know is that I don't know anything at all
"
Jeffreygrr wrote:

Lots of block chance when dual wielding nodes now + cleave apparently getting buffed. I'm sure some version of blender will be viable, if not better than ever.
"
Hodari wrote:
"
Jeffreygrr wrote:

Lots of block chance when dual wielding nodes now + cleave apparently getting buffed. I'm sure some version of blender will be viable, if not better than ever.

STILL VIABLE :D -- My stats are my stats, your gear will determine your final stats, none of my gear is GG and is attainable by most players with a little time and effort, and if you are rich you can take this build further than I have.

***NEW! Blender 3.0 for the proposed v1.2 Passive Tree***

Build enabling gear

2 Exalt Non-legacy Bringer of Rain (Legacy is prefered but not required)

8 Exalt Corrupted Stone of Lazhwar with 4% Chance to Block, but any Laz is good for 1-10 Chaos you get the needed spell block, the +int can be useful and other corruptions can be nice here as well.

40 Exalt Non-legacy Soul Taker - This is totally build enabling.. the only thing better is a Legacy variant but it is not worth the price.

Rainbowstrides with RRRB or RRGB

3-10 Exalt Doryani's Catalyst - you would need a 350 dps weapon here to perform better

And for a hand full of Chaos Orbs the alternate Main and Off hand weapon, you can use this as your main weapon or keep it on your weapon switch for leveling gems or to switch to in hairy situations for an extra 20% spell block.

Wings of Entropy - either 5L or 6L prefered but dual 3L works perfectly, 75% block & 75% spell block, all right DPS and is uber cheap..

This build is built around having a Soul Taker and a corrupted 4% Block Lazhwar, not required but recommended.

You can also use Wings of Entropy with a minor re-spec of the same tree.

Something to consider, this new build has more leech in the passive tree vs the old tree, several people bring up leech being an issue, I can say I do not need to use a Life Leech or LGoH gem to leech effectively and stay at 95-100% health unless running no regen maps, then I use LGoH, 50% reduced regen maps haven't been a huge issue either as long as you pay attention..

Also, high armor rating is not needed, at all.. This is a high block rate build, most of the attacks that make it through are not going to kill you and leech will fill you up quick, for the boss fights, rouge exiles, heavy hitters, use your leveled End Cry and Imm Call on manual triggers, this is your armor when you need it most.

Blender 3.0 Dual Wield 117pt quick build for proposed 1.2 tree

Soul Taker & Doryani's Catalyst Build

Lvl 92 Spec - 40k DPS AoE Molten Strike / 5-5.5k HP / 73% block 53% spell block with corrupted 4% Block Chance Lazhwar
https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/lvl92-my-duelist

@ lvl 92
28k DPS AoE Cyclone
37k DPS AoE Dual Strike
40k DPS AoE Molten Strike

Bandits
Norm = Oak (HP)
Cruel = Oak (more leech) or Kraityn (more DPS)
Merci = Oak (endurance charge)

Lvl 100 Spec - 50k DPS AoE Molten Strike / 5.5-6k HP / 73% block 53% spell block with corrupted 4% Block Chance Lazhwar
https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/g3n3r1c-my-duelist

@ lvl 100
35k DPS AoE Cyclone
40k DPS AoE Dual Strike
50k DPS AoE Molten Strike

Bandits
Norm = Oak (HP)

Wings of Entropy Build by ogrec
WoE build for 1.2
Very much the same idea and concept as the Soul Taker build, cost to build depends on what you have for gear, ie.. rings, belt, gloves...

ogrec's WoE is a great defensive build and if teamed with Molten Strike provides roughly 40K DPS as is.

Link the following gems all leveled to 20/20% in your BoR.
Molten Strike + WED + Multistrike + Concentrated Effect for 38K DPS.

Conc benefits from 20% quality in this instance since it is a mana based build and the quality on conc provides reduced mana required for skills.

Now for the down side, POE does not provide the AOE tooltip damage from Molten Strike, it's still there, but we can't see the numbers.. that being said we don't see the numeric benefit from Conc, but it's there :) POE builder lets us see the actual damage and believe me, you will feel the difference in game as well..

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/934466/page/1

Last edited by g3n3r1c on Aug 18, 2014, 4:55:58 PM
When do you think you can get around to posting a more detailed update to this build?
"
carbohydrate3 wrote:
When do you think you can get around to posting a more detailed update to this build?

If you mean the OP then after the passives go full re-spec and I have a chance to play a lvl 90 version on the updated 1.2 passive tree and see if it will work or if it needs some work.

If you are referring to the roughed in trees I posted in my last post, the same answer.

I first saw the new tree yesterday and put these together today, not sure if they could be better or not yet and need some time to look them over before committing to a full re-spec.

Blender 3.0 Dual Wield 117pt quick build for proposed 1.2 tree

I will re-spec to this tree, or whatever we come up with together with the upcoming full passive re-spec.

Please review and comment, I'm sure I've missed some things and wasted some points in there somewhere.

Note: with either of the following builds you can sacrifice the 'Golem's Blood' life wheel and take the Sovereignty Aura wheel to empower your auras, we lose roughly 400 health in exchange for another 2k DPS via hatred and buffed resistances.

Dual one handed build - 30-40k+ DPS AoE Dual Strike / 5.5-6k HP / 73% block 53% spell block with corrupted Lazhwar
https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/g3n3r1c-my-duelist

40k-ish DPS AoE Dual Strike with Soul Taker
30k-ish without Soul Taker and skill supported with Blood Magic

Bandits
Norm = Oak (HP)

Wings of Entropy build - 25k DPS AoE Dual Strike / 5.5-6k HP / 75% block & spell block with corrupted Lazhwar
https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/YeeeaaaBoyeee-my-duelist

Bandits
Norm = Oak (HP)
Merci = Kill all for Passive

Last edited by g3n3r1c on Aug 14, 2014, 11:16:55 PM
that helps a lot, thanks man, will probably run that tree ( with slight variations ) day 1
Oi, nice build but why don't you pick berserking instead of the three 3% ias nodes on the right?

"
q3masl wrote:
Oi, nice build but why don't you pick berserking instead of the three 3% ias nodes on the right?

You may have caught the tree while I was playing around with it, still messing with it :)
Berserking is in there and no plans to get rid of it :)
hey, g3n3r1c

some ppl asked me about using molten strike with wings of entropy, and since it doesnt scale good i've told them to check this thread since you had a molten strike variant before. will you be updating the molten strike build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info