-- Block Blender 1.2 --

"
ogrec wrote:
hey, g3n3r1c

some ppl asked me about using molten strike with wings of entropy, and since it doesnt scale good i've told them to check this thread since you had a molten strike variant before. will you be updating the molten strike build?

I have the WoE and Soul Taker builds posted in the updated OP :)
Molten Strike works and should be sustainable with the right gear (Rings, Gloves, Belt) you can gain quite a bit of life, resistances, enough leech and damage (phys is better) from these items to make a big difference, my gear could be better here but the tree is where I like it.

all I know is that I don't know anything at all
Last edited by g3n3r1c on Aug 17, 2014, 11:57:49 AM
I've a question, why do you have that axe in your offhand on PoEbuilder on your WoE build? Is it because PoEbuilder doesn't calculate Wings of Entropy correctly? Also how in the world do you sustain your mana without mana leech?
Last edited by Ladydamalia on Aug 17, 2014, 12:21:22 PM
"
I've a question, why do you have that axe in your offhand on PoEbuilder on your WoE build? Is it because PoEbuilder doesn't calculate Wings of Entropy correctly? Also how in the world do you sustain your mana without mana leech?

Look above at the post before yours :) I didn't gear up to fit the build, instead I copied my soultaker build down to his gear and made a duplicate save on Poebuilder modifying the tree for a WoE build. :)
"
g3n3r1c wrote:
...Molten Strike works and should be sustainable with the right gear (Rings, Gloves, Belt) you can gain quite a bit of life, resistances, enough leech and damage (phys is better) from these items to make a big difference, my gear could be better here but the tree is where I like it.

You are correct with Poebuilder not calculating WoE properly.
"
g3n3r1c wrote:
...Note: I have a plain 2-handed sundering axe in the off hand because this is the only way POEBuilder can cope with calculating Wings of Entropy's stats, it adds up properly :)
Last edited by g3n3r1c on Aug 17, 2014, 2:41:51 PM
In reference to my WoE build and missing mana leech on gear..

We need mana leech to sustain your main skill without blood magic for more DPS, otherwise use Blood Magic.

In reference to using Molten Strike as your main skill..
Link Molten Strike + WED + Multistrike + Concentrated Effect while running Hatred for some big Deeps..

POE does not calculate the AOE damage from molten strike, concentrated effect directly effects AOE damage and will not show you any change in the tooltip, but it does a lot, nearly an extra 15k from conc alone. You can see this in POEBuilder and can play with your gems a little to see what you like...

WoE serves three purposes on this build,
Use it until you have a Soul taker, WoE is a great weapon for the cost.
On weapon switch for max capped spell block which can also be achieved with ungil's flask.
A gem holder.

Another build geared specifically for WoE can be found here, ogrec has a history with this weapon and build and does a damn nice job with it.

Last edited by g3n3r1c on Aug 18, 2014, 4:47:16 PM
"
Also how in the world do you sustain your mana without mana leech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6leSSCOnlo Check this video ghudda made, it shows that you can stustain 4L molten strike with just Revelry mana node cluster (it gives mana on hit and on kill). Some testing should be done for 6L setup, but it would probably be enough to just run some mana leech on gear and still be able to sustain attacks on mana.
"
ogrec wrote:
"
Also how in the world do you sustain your mana without mana leech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6leSSCOnlo Check this video ghudda made, it shows that you can stustain 4L molten strike with just Revelry mana node cluster (it gives mana on hit and on kill). Some testing should be done for 6L setup, but it would probably be enough to just run some mana leech on gear and still be able to sustain attacks on mana.

outstanding, this could work for my build using any weapons not tying you down to BM or Soul taker, definatly going to test this with double Doryiani's and WoE on Molten Strike since it has the lowest mana requirements to begin with, will need to quality a concentrated while I'm waiting on the patch :)

I'd like to see how this works against a single target boss, without a kill there is no mana restored, may still have to take Mana Flows to make it wash out.

Thanks for this info.
Last edited by g3n3r1c on Aug 18, 2014, 6:46:33 PM
Hi mate,

I've made a tree for the Blender 2.0

wraithe_au's Blender 2.0

it uses your equipment except for one ring

Stats:

Level 91

life: 4.7k

block:
- phys 67%
- magic 48%

dps:
- molten strike 56k
- cyclone 39k
- dual strike 54k
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Just wondering why Point Blank and Iron Grip isn't being used for Molten Strike??
"
BigSmelly wrote:
Just wondering why Point Blank and Iron Grip isn't being used for Molten Strike??

Good question, I think the best answer is that this is not primarily a Molten Strike build, that being said you can take IG and run it as such and it would be good :)

It's my understanding that PB does not really help MS, even with CE... I could be wrong..
Last edited by g3n3r1c on Aug 20, 2014, 12:28:52 PM
Cyclone: This skill can no longer be supported by the Multistrike support gem.

G_G

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info