-- Block Blender 1.2 --

I am having trouble finding a first build to do. Is this more newb friendly than a ground slam marauder?
"
g3n3r1c wrote:
I apologize, the max block blender is something I am working on currently with a few friends, it's a collaboration and that tree is being modified daily :) I went ahead and put the skill tree back the way it was but bear in mind it is under construction.

There are two things I am trying to get from that build, the three buff nodes above RT and the aura nodes. Any suggestions are welcome and any wasted points are not :) LMK what you think.

Also, Re-worked the build and took Mana Flows, dropped blood magic in exchange for added fire damage, I still have time to do this in game if it looks right, what are your thoughts?

With new tree you can definitely get 75% max block, but i dont think its worth going for swagger ring, imo its pretty inefficient.
I reworked my tree to get heart of the oak and pasted it to poebuilder build you made. That tree gets slightly better dps and more life, but you cant go over 72% block chance with it. I dont see that as a problem thou. I played a long time with 68% before i finally got 4% block lazhwar and, tbh, it didnt justify the price, difference is hard to notice (but is noticable, especially in atziri fight for example). Biggest problem of the build, thou, is when it fails to block attack from a hard hitting mob (talking about touch of god, vall smash, atziri's attacks/spells and the fire version of lighting strike from one of the bosses on cortyard, attacks that can be tanked with enough hp and armour/resistance). Since it impossible to reach 100% chance to block, there will be an attack/spell character will fail to block eventually. Only thing that can save player at that point is more life. I think it would be worth taking Swagger nodes if it only meant losing 100-200hp, but 700+hp difference is pretty big and i dont think its worth it.
Another problem about the build is block and stun recovery and thats why i like you taking heart of the oak, its should help out a lot, i'll probably repost this version of the tree to my thread too. I wouldnt recommend using doryani belt thou. Even with heart of oak, cloth belt and block and stun recovery on gloves and/or bloots are really important for the build.

The tree linked doesnt have dimond flesh node as i personaly refrain from taking resistance nodes cause that can be found on gear. this is an item progression game after all :)

Btw, i've included a link to this thread to woe+bor build thread cause i liked a lot dual doryani catalyst version thats using molten strike. I've been interested in finding a build that utilizes scepter for melee attacks in an efficient way and it looks to me you found the best use for it so far. I'm looking forward to free respec on my standard char once new patch is up so i can give it a try :)
Last edited by ogrec on Jul 30, 2014, 5:21:07 PM
"
MandigoMan wrote:
I am having trouble finding a first build to do. Is this more newb friendly than a ground slam marauder?

in my opinion, both builds are good newb friendly builds that do well with self found equipment, or at the most, equipment worth a chaos or 2.

It is mid-game where the blender gets better, a GS mara requires a 5 link chest or marohi where a blender only requires 2 weapons and a bor, which is a cheaper investment. Also, the bor already has levelled gems built in and doesn't require purchasing or spending a week getting a gem ready for use.

Since the blender has the luxury of equipping a tabula, levelling 12 gems to sell is easy and beats only having 6.

At end game, the GS mara can invest in a 6 link chest or marohi, but for a slightly higher price, the blender buys a soul taker which is a MUCH better investment.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
ogrec wrote:
"
g3n3r1c wrote:
I apologize, the max block blender is something I am working on currently with a few friends, it's a collaboration and that tree is being modified daily :) I went ahead and put the skill tree back the way it was but bear in mind it is under construction.

There are two things I am trying to get from that build, the three buff nodes above RT and the aura nodes. Any suggestions are welcome and any wasted points are not :) LMK what you think.

Also, Re-worked the build and took Mana Flows, dropped blood magic in exchange for added fire damage, I still have time to do this in game if it looks right, what are your thoughts?

With new tree you can definitely get 75% max block, but i dont think its worth going for swagger ring, imo its pretty inefficient.
I reworked my tree to get heart of the oak and pasted it to poebuilder build you made. That tree gets slightly better dps and more life, but you cant go over 72% block chance with it. I dont see that as a problem thou. I played a long time with 68% before i finally got 4% block lazhwar and, tbh, it didnt justify the price, difference is hard to notice (but is noticable, especially in atziri fight for example). Biggest problem of the build, thou, is when it fails to block attack from a hard hitting mob (talking about touch of god, vall smash, atziri's attacks/spells and the fire version of lighting strike from one of the bosses on cortyard, attacks that can be tanked with enough hp and armour/resistance). Since it impossible to reach 100% chance to block, there will be an attack/spell character will fail to block eventually. Only thing that can save player at that point is more life. I think it would be worth taking Swagger nodes if it only meant losing 100-200hp, but 700+hp difference is pretty big and i dont think its worth it.
Another problem about the build is block and stun recovery and thats why i like you taking heart of the oak, its should help out a lot, i'll probably repost this version of the tree to my thread too. I wouldnt recommend using doryani belt thou. Even with heart of oak, cloth belt and block and stun recovery on gloves and/or bloots are really important for the build.

The tree linked doesnt have dimond flesh node as i personaly refrain from taking resistance nodes cause that can be found on gear. this is an item progression game after all :)

Btw, i've included a link to this thread to woe+bor build thread cause i liked a lot dual doryani catalyst version thats using molten strike. I've been interested in finding a build that utilizes scepter for melee attacks in an efficient way and it looks to me you found the best use for it so far. I'm looking forward to free respec on my standard char once new patch is up so i can give it a try :)

Ok, you win ;)
Your tree is so close to what I'm working on, no reason to post the same thing you have already completed. You don't think the swagger wheel is worth it, I don't either for the same reason, trying keep my health pool big enough to take a heavy hit, so I removed it and that's why you were only able to get to 72% block.

I went ahead and linked to your build in my original post where my tree used to be.
I plan to read through your build and see what I can do with it. If I come up with anything interesting I'll let you know.

Thanks Ogrec!
all I know is that I don't know anything at all
Last edited by g3n3r1c on Jul 30, 2014, 5:53:17 PM
Hey guys!
Will try this build when they reset skill tree!
Only one question tho!
Can u beat atziri with that?
ty mate :)
Hi guys, I'm a relatively new player to the game (started about four weeks ago).

I have a level 71 witch, and followed ZiggyD's and FoxTactics arc witch guides, and I must say the character has been great to level up and play every since I got arc and spell totem, so I'm knew but sort of have an understanding of the basic game mechanics anyway (although more so for casters at the moment over melee)

I normally go melee so I searched and this seemed to the the build I liked the look of. However I'm really struggling at the moment and was wondering if I could ask for advice on levelling up. I'm currently level 48 and nearing the end of act 3 cruel. I'm "surviving" but this seems much harder to play than my witch because of the fact that I have to be able to do damage AND tank all the enemies attacking me (as oppose to shooting them from far away while the totem takes the aggro).

I'm not sure how I link my gear up on here but I have some pretty decent gear as a I have a friend who's been really helpful. But as far as skills are concerned, in my helm I have molten strike-multistrike-blood magic-life on hit.

In my gloves I have CWDT-Decoy Totem-Enduring Cry-Blood Rage and then I've just got random gems in places on other items not linked in anyway, but a few which I use regularly are leap slam (to travel fast from mob to mob or escape), Frenzy and the Vitality gem. Also I have Blood Dance boots which provide life regen when I have frenzy charges and Facebreaker gloves.

My problem is I don't seem to be surving to well, I think I'm at around 50% res for most things but I just don't know if what I 'm doing is the correct way to level up. I apologise if I sound like a noob, but when I followed ZiggyD's guide it was really easy, he has a spreadsheet showing each armour piece and what gems are in it and how they are linked etc. With this build I have no idea what skills I'm supposed to have where and how to use them etc, so what I've been doing is hitting everyone with frenzy first to get the life regen and faster attack speed and then using molten strike, my DPS is osmething like 650 though. Also when I get a few mobs around me, my life is really bouncing up and down quickly and there have been a few deaths. Am I doing something wrong? Or are melee characters just a lot harder to level up than casters due to gear dependancy etc? FYI I have followed the skill tree carefully and have both Iron Reflexes and I'm almost at Resolute Technique (the one that guys you guaranteed hits but no crits). Did anyone else find the build particular hard to level up?

Would anyone be able to suggest what gems I should have in wear to level up? I know the OP shows this but he has things like "increased elemental damage" in the Helm, I could not survive without life on hit at the moment and I'm sure he has much more survivability/DPS through the gear he has.

Apologies for this long post, I just wanted to make my scenario as clear as possible. Thanks for any help.....
I currently have a lvl 74 running the old blender build. Listed below is my passive skill tree/gear. Is it worth speccing into the 2.0 version and switching some gear around (already have the uniques listed)? Thank you.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwFLQthEdUSIBcdFz4b-iFgJJsl3ycvKaUqODGeMgk0kzWSOJZAoEF0R35KyE3jTipT31cNV5dY21uvXotfP2BBYEtjcGVNah5sRm6qcmxyqXTtdit4DXloeu982YCKhNmE74jxi0-QdJHOmSubLZuDnrmkGaSspleoGKluq8W18rZBtxe77byfvYG-ir6nwA_BBMzbz_jQR9Ih0k3dDeOf5FHnru8O7-PyL_cy9033vvzF_o8=
@Gutttsu

Hi, the idea is to get a lot of health regen from the tree to be able to blood rage indefinitely. With the high life leech from blood rage, LGoH is unnecessary and can be replaced with a dps gem, allowing for even more leech.

To help you further, please link your tree and items by clicking your picture at top left of screen while in the reply window. This brings up you character with tabs for stash and tree. Click on an item to link it. Click on the tree to see your current tree, copy the link address and paste it.

@ IMAVIRGIN1g

This newer version improves on the old blender in every way. Maximising block and spell block gets more important the higher level you go. I feel the old blender was built in a time where merciless dom was considered the end game. Nowadays it's about 78 rotations and atziri and this build is more viable.

If you get the resistances in other equipments, work on your block.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
hi thanks for posting this updated blender guide!
a few questions

i noticed you do not use grace and instead uses purity.
how do u hit such a high armor without grace? i wish i could run purities also but without grace my armor is only about 3k

my second question would be is it worth it to use doryani mace if i do not have any elemental damage besides my hatred? all my rings and ammy is +physical damage. And i plan to continue to run dual strike instead of molten strike. so assuming the pdps of my new doryani is the same as the pdps of my old OH, is the benefit of the added elemental damage significant?

Thanks!
"
garados84 wrote:
hi thanks for posting this updated blender guide!
a few questions

i noticed you do not use grace and instead uses purity.
how do u hit such a high armor without grace? i wish i could run purities also but without grace my armor is only about 3k

my second question would be is it worth it to use doryani mace if i do not have any elemental damage besides my hatred? all my rings and ammy is +physical damage. And i plan to continue to run dual strike instead of molten strike. so assuming the pdps of my new doryani is the same as the pdps of my old OH, is the benefit of the added elemental damage significant?

Thanks!

Doryani's is not a requirement, I just like it.

To be honest it's not really necessary to have a ton of armor with this build.

On a hybrid based on my build and Zivko's WoE block build, I sacrificed damage & armor for maxing resistance with purities (83/79/83), high block (72/45 75/75 with Rumi's), and high life pool over 5000 (over 6000 by final build), running Atziri maps with only 2.5k armor with hatred/PoF/PoL auras, along with a leveled IC and EC on manual trigger the armor just is not necessary, I'm considering dropping IR for the passive point just to see how it goes.

current gear and gem/skill setup

all I know is that I don't know anything at all
Last edited by g3n3r1c on Aug 13, 2014, 1:15:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info