-- Block Blender 1.2 --

I find lgoh mandatory for the cyclone setup, heals so quickly. What tree would u recomend for running 2 x doryanis catalyst for those who cannot afford soultaker?
"
DutchRudder wrote:
I find lgoh mandatory for the cyclone setup, heals so quickly. What tree would u recomend for running 2 x doryanis catalyst for those who cannot afford soultaker?

I've said it, others have said the same... Cyclone is too much of a mana beast to work on this build without a Soul Taker. Try Dual or Molten.Strike...

If you're going to use it you'll need blood magic and possibly life leech or lgoh.. sacrificing much dps..

That being said, Molten strike is a beast with this build and will only get better with a pair of Doryani's.

Note, your tool tip dps on Molten Strike reflects only the physical, the ele projectile damage will benefit most for the Doryani's and will more than double the phys tooltip dps.
all I know is that I don't know anything at all
Last edited by g3n3r1c on Jul 28, 2014, 5:40:35 PM
Im using 2 swords under 300 dps each one closer to 230 dps

I have legacy BoR with cyclone, bloodmagic, added fire, lgoh and run hatred lvl 20

My dps is 20k with sword specific and dual wield nodes, dps is great in maps 73+ at lvl 84

Im going to respec to dual doryanis when i get another good one and respec to more life/armour and see how that goes

Vaal cyclone with conc effect, blood magic and lgoh make maps much faster to clear since my boots have no movespeed for higher dps

Its just a cheaper alternative to ST which most cannot afford
is it more worth to buy a legacy BoR or 2 doryani's 300+pdps?
What came first Mcdonalds or KFC?
"
g3n3r1c wrote:
WoE Max Block variant 75% block / 75% Spell Block achievable/ 25K DPS Dual Strike
https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/YeeeaaaBoyeee-woe-block-blender

Requires 25% chance to block Rainbowstrides and a Stone of Lazhwar corrupted with 3-4% chance to block

You cant reach more then 72% block chance with that tree, even if you have 4% block lazhwar. At least 5 points are wasted across the tree, so it can further be optimized the for more dmg or more survivability. Also, since its a lvl100 tree, its possibl to use some of the wasted points to grab Mana Flows and gain enough mana to be able to support 6L without blood magic for more dps (30+k with just hatred, no haste). Other, higher survivability route is to grab aura nodes and empower purities.
Last edited by ogrec on Jul 29, 2014, 6:56:07 PM
"
is it more worth to buy a legacy BoR or 2 doryani's 300+pdps?

If u shop around u can get 2 x dorys for around 5-6 ex each with good roll

Legacy bor is more then that

Think of the dps boost with hatred, added fire 200% ele dmg from dorys alone and then wep ele dmg for the more multiplier
I'd go for catalysts. You lose a bit using a non legacy bor but you gain so much from the catalysts. Also, the price of BoRs are going down, I've seen then for 9ex, if you wait you can possibly buy it for even cheaper
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Hey guys, i'm running this build with doryanis, soul taker and legacy BoR with Molten strike. Its running really well :) it does suck that my tooltip DPS is lower than with duel strike. But mobs dissapear fast haha. Thanks for build :)
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
"
Hey guys, i'm running this build with doryanis, soul taker and legacy BoR with Molten strike. Its running really well :) it does suck that my tooltip DPS is lower than with duel strike. But mobs dissapear fast haha. Thanks for build :)

I agree the tooltip DPS sucks, it doesn't count the projectile fire damage, only the physical attack.. that being said it works well and clears mobs fast, mana cost is cheaper and it is possible to run molten with a pair of Doryani's with a little mana leech on your gear or with Clarity on life, without needing blood magic. this is how I'm running it now too since my soul taker is on another character :)

Also a pair of Doryani's amps up your molten strike projectile fire damage a lot, unfortunately until GGG fixes this we'll never see it in game, if you're interested you can see the actual damage with this combination on my POEBuilder.

https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/g3n3r1c-my-duelist
Last edited by g3n3r1c on Jul 30, 2014, 2:45:19 PM
"
ogrec wrote:
"
g3n3r1c wrote:
WoE Max Block variant 75% block / 75% Spell Block achievable/ 25K DPS Dual Strike
https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/YeeeaaaBoyeee-woe-block-blender

Requires 25% chance to block Rainbowstrides and a Stone of Lazhwar corrupted with 3-4% chance to block

You cant reach more then 72% block chance with that tree, even if you have 4% block lazhwar. At least 5 points are wasted across the tree, so it can further be optimized the for more dmg or more survivability. Also, since its a lvl100 tree, its possibl to use some of the wasted points to grab Mana Flows and gain enough mana to be able to support 6L without blood magic for more dps (30+k with just hatred, no haste). Other, higher survivability route is to grab aura nodes and empower purities.

I apologize, the max block blender is something I am working on currently with a few friends, it's a collaboration and that tree is being modified daily :) I went ahead and put the skill tree back the way it was but bear in mind it is under construction.

There are two things I am trying to get from that build, the three buff nodes above RT and the aura nodes. Any suggestions are welcome and any wasted points are not :) LMK what you think.

Also, Re-worked the build and took Mana Flows, dropped blood magic in exchange for added fire damage, I still have time to do this in game if it looks right, what are your thoughts?
Last edited by g3n3r1c on Jul 30, 2014, 3:48:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info