-- Block Blender 1.2 --

"
Philss wrote:
Is this build still viable?

Still viable
all I know is that I don't know anything at all
Last edited by g3n3r1c on Jul 19, 2014, 4:54:22 PM
I wil make this build next league , even without a bor can you farm stuff like catacomb , piety? Or should i make an easy build to farm currency?
Yes. It's easy to make dual strike work for you. All you need is a 4 link with:

Dual strike
Multistrike
Melee splash
Blood magic (or LGoH if you can manage mana)

A 5 link allows melee phys damage.

The rest of your equipment will be the usual resist/life/dps mods.
The weapons will be physical %, flat phys and attack speed. A new league won't see a catalyst at a reasonable price for quite a while.

This setup should be sufficient for any kind of farming.

If you manage your money well, and not waste too much on minor upgrades:

Once you reach 67, you'll most likely have the currency for a bor.

Then you can work on getting the right gear for blocking.

The last piece is, of course, the soul taker.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Jul 19, 2014, 11:53:26 PM
Aight thank you , excited about next league .
Will this build work with cast on crit?
I would like to go with a crit based cyclone/discharge or arc, is this feasible for the build?
"
Pantzareoff wrote:
Will this build work with cast on crit?
I would like to go with a crit based cyclone/discharge or arc, is this feasible for the build?

this specific build wouldnt work with crit because it takes the keystone 'Resolute Technique'. But fiqst has a crit cyclone build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/922124/page/1
What came first Mcdonalds or KFC?
this build can kill atziri?
"
yarikx wrote:
this build can kill atziri?

This is something I couldn't do before a massive re-spec to this tree, currently untested but possible. This build is always surprising, recently running it with dual strike +melee on full +multi +blood magic in a legacy BoR with hatse and hatred pulling off 79k dps after an Atziri flask.. Not too shabby for Dom runs and mapping.

Maybe a max block variant can do Atziri but this is also untested by myself.
Currently building/testing a block/spell block variant with friends with intent to farm Atziri and will post results we go.
Last edited by g3n3r1c on Jul 26, 2014, 4:13:34 PM
Build has a couple minor "woopsies" and "perhaps this would be worth it".

1. Not taking the + 15% dmg one handed near Berserking.
2. Taking the 3x 3% attackspeed nodes near ranger while ignoring the 2x 4% above weapon artistry. thus gaining only 1% attack speed for that passive point.
3. Ignoring the 4x 8% life nodes behind ranger start.
4. A new personal favorite, the dualist end. charge node and the 3x duration nodes above RT for a cast when take dmg + duration + qual im. call. And spellecho + end. cry.
"
Chiliconkarma wrote:
Build has a couple minor "woopsies" and "perhaps this would be worth it".

1. Not taking the + 15% dmg one handed near Berserking.
2. Taking the 3x 3% attackspeed nodes near ranger while ignoring the 2x 4% above weapon artistry. thus gaining only 1% attack speed for that passive point.
3. Ignoring the 4x 8% life nodes behind ranger start.
4. A new personal favorite, the dualist end. charge node and the 3x duration nodes above RT for a cast when take dmg + duration + qual im. call. And spellecho + end. cry.

Not so much whoopsies, choices. I appreciate your feedback and welcome constructive criticism, I had a look to see what this will do to the build at full lvl 100 spec with both Grace & Hatred auras on.

My lvl 100 spec
5311 health, 49,554 DPS Dual Strike, 8154 Armor (35% damage reduction)
no extra buff duration, 5 endurance charges.

With all of Chili's suggestions
5005 health, 45,331 DPS Dual Strike, 6235 Armor (29% Damage Reduction)
45% increased buff duration, 6 edurance charges.

With the 4x 8% life wheel, Endurance charge, 15% damage node, 2x 4% AS nodes, and 3x buff duration nodes suggested by Chili.

Taking Chili's suggestions into consideration and as best as I could piece them into the equation, I still could not find a way to take the 4x 8% life nodes without losing. Fwiw I am going to re-spec slightly for the endurance charge and buff duration, I had to sacrifice 300 life, 4K DPS, and a little armor/damage reduction, but will hopefully gain an edge with Immortal Call duration, looks good to me.

Common ground spec, and the tree I am voting for
5064 health, 45,331 DPS Dual Strike, 7674 Armor (33% damage reduction)
45% increased buff duration, 6 edurance charges.

With the Endurance charge, 15% damage node, 2x 4% AS nodes, and 3x buff duration nodes suggested by Chili.

Last edited by g3n3r1c on Jul 28, 2014, 2:02:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info