-- Block Blender 1.2 --

its probably just my hp then, when i use blood magic with cyclone, it kinda kills me uber quickly
What came first Mcdonalds or KFC?
"
its probably just my hp then, when i use blood magic with cyclone, it kinda kills me uber quickly
"
"

not necessary, i run blood magic with dualstrike and it works just fine, as long as you don't use cyclone with blood magic you should be ok.

Oh, i changed my sockets colours in bor to use cyclone. Yesterday tested it a bit, 19700dps(hatred ON). Its pretty nice tho. Why Dualstrike will be better?

"

Use Blood Magic + Dual Strike or Molten Strike, if you have a Doryani then Molten strike is definitely better. Life leech 2% from the passive should be enough, plus any leech from gear is useful.

Yeap, I have bought doryani for that build. Will test molten strike then.

Also i cant get why u have Blocking Blocks Spells 72% but my spell block is only 38%? My gear is in spoiler:

Spoiler

Cyclone is hard on mana, if using Blood Magic I'd use another skill tbh.

Spell block % is taken from block chance %, you have 50% on you Laz and 24% on your boots, a total of 74% of block chance is applied to spells as well, so if your block chance is 55% then 74% of 55 = 40% spell block.
all I know is that I don't know anything at all
Last edited by g3n3r1c on Jul 14, 2014, 9:40:46 AM
"

Spell block % is taken from block chance %, you have 50% on you Laz and 24% on your boots, a total of 74% of block chance is applied to spells as well, so if your block chance is 55% then 74% of 55 = 40% spell block.

So, if i understand correctly, Chance to block spells(from game) is not the same as Blocking Blocks Spells % 72(from the site https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/g3n3r1c-my-duelist). Right? :)
"
"

So, if i understand correctly, Chance to block spells(from game) is not the same as Blocking Blocks Spells % 72(from the site https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/g3n3r1c-my-duelist). Right? :)

That is a little misleading but what "Blocking blocks spells 72%" means is that if my block is 52%, and blocking blocks spells 72% of the time, then 38% of spell damage is blocked, still nothing to take lightly, roughly 40% of spell damage is mitigated through blocking, and I believe this also applies to the BoR's endurance charge on block.

Blocking blocks spells
Blocking = 52%
blocks spells = 72% of blocks block spells
72% 0f 52 = 38%
Last edited by g3n3r1c on Jul 14, 2014, 5:02:10 PM
I guess that when using Dual Strike without Soul Taker, Blood Magic should replace Added Fire Damage? That Multistrike and Melee Splash is required.

- FT
"
FuriousT1 wrote:
I guess that when using Dual Strike without Soul Taker, Blood Magic should replace Added Fire Damage? That Multistrike and Melee Splash is required.

- FT

Correct, what weapons?
Thanks for the guide, I am running something similar but with a 5-link chest instead of BoR.

Just a quick question, do you feel that even though the paper dps of Dual Strike > Cyclone but cyclone is dealing more damage?

"
g3n3r1c wrote:
"
FuriousT1 wrote:

- FT

Correct, what weapons?

I'm not going to stick with these. But these does work at least for lower maps, lvl 66-73. I'm gathering exas for Soul Taker, takes lot of time for me though.

- FT

Ps. If someone got any advice for ex gathering, I would appreciate it. This is only my second character. Now I'm just soloing maps, trying to find anything worth selling, it's pretty slow. Sure I trade fusings, regrets and chaoses for exas, but this takes a lot of time to gather 40 exa. I wonder if theres something that would make it easier? Sure, some magic find wouldn't hurt.
Last edited by FuriousT1 on Jul 15, 2014, 12:16:25 PM
"
FuriousT1 wrote:
Ps. If someone got any advice for ex gathering, I would appreciate it. This is only my second character. Now I'm just soloing maps, trying to find anything worth selling, it's pretty slow. Sure I trade fusings, regrets and chaoses for exas, but this takes a lot of time to gather 40 exa. I wonder if theres something that would make it easier? Sure, some magic find wouldn't hurt.

Buy the legacy gem Item Quantity. I had mine for 15 Chaos. My best buy, including BoR. Remove Increased Fire Damage from Bringer of Rain and socket the Item Quantity in it. In that way you lose a little damage for a WAY more items. Then go farm The Catacombs in Act 3 Cruel/Merciless. Or any other spot.

For better results, combine Item Rarity with Item Quantity. For more information look for more guides how much of both you need. I have at the moment 33% increased Item Quantitty and 42% increased Item Rarity from both gems and LOVE farming The Catacombs corrupted area in Cruel in preparation for Dominus.
"
hieste wrote:
"
FuriousT1 wrote:

Buy the legacy gem Item Quantity. I had mine for 15 Chaos. My best buy, including BoR. Remove Increased Fire Damage from Bringer of Rain and socket the Item Quantity in it. In that way you lose a little damage for a WAY more items. Then go farm The Catacombs in Act 3 Cruel/Merciless. Or any other spot.

For better results, combine Item Rarity with Item Quantity. For more information look for more guides how much of both you need. I have at the moment 33% increased Item Quantitty and 42% increased Item Rarity from both gems and LOVE farming The Catacombs corrupted area in Cruel in preparation for Dominus.

That is pretty sound advise, buy an IIQ gem and farm currency.

As far as the Wings of Entropy...
I am toying with a WoE max block/spell block dual wield 2-handed build based off of this build. We end up with a Tanky '75% block/75% spell block' Blender dealing 30K DPS AoE Dual Strike using life leech on gear and passives instead of LGoH (still carry one at all time just in case) you can spec into 'Vaal Pact' if you like for instant leech with diminished returns, I haven't tried this build yet, only on paper, but it looks promising.

WoE Max Block variant 75% block / 75% Spell Block / 30K DPS Dual Strike
https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/YeeeaaaBoyeee-woe-block-blender

Requires 25% chance to block Rainbowstrides and a Stone of Lazhwar corrupted with 3-4% chance to block

Note: I have a plain 2-handed sundering axe in the off hand because this is the only way POEBuilder can cope with calculating Wings of Entropy's stats, it adds up properly :)
Last edited by g3n3r1c on Jul 15, 2014, 5:29:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info