LOL mtx pricing

"
b15h09 wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:
Also GGG already scammed me with the portal mtx not working in maps (ofc they never mentioned this fact when they sold them)

I think the word "scam" is a bit harsh, but I have to agree that it seems a little dishonest to sell portal effects without clearly mentioning that they only work for leveling new characters. It wouldn't be hard to just add a small note saying that they don't work in maps.

Really don't get what's so hard about fixing this. The asset's there. They've written code to link the asset to the normal portal. Map portals are a bit different, but linking an asset shouldn't be that hard. Wonder if it has something to do with the lack of a graphics programmer.

I don't think so. They explained that they would need to "hack" the system as the portals are not really created by your character but the map device itself. They'd need to let the map device recognize a portal MTX in effect and then proceed to let the right asset spawn.

I think it's just on low priority, unfortunately.
That or the "hack" is rather complicated to integrate.

But I agree, an information on the shop until the effect is fully integrated would be neat.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 3, 2014, 9:47:45 AM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

I don't think so. They explained that they would need to "hack" the system as the portals are not really created by your character but the map device itself. They'd need to let the map device recognize a portal MTX in effect and then proceed to let the right asset spawn.

I think it's just on low priority, unfortunately.
That or the "hack" is rather complicated to integrate.

But I agree, an information on the shop until the effect is fully integrated would be neat.

Hadn't heard that before... So the issue is, they never planned to do portal MTXs when designing their systems, then later added them knowing they weren't really compatible with their system... or, they didn't anticipate the problem, which would be far worse.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Or they don't consider it a problem.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Or they don't consider it a problem.

Or they give zero fucks.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Isbox1 wrote:
If I wanted to buy the Ghostflame set - 220 + 220 + 120 = 560 - you expect me to pay nearly 60 bucks for 3x mtx.

You guys are really out there in space, yea? Like Neil Armstrong out there.

Meh - (puts wallet away)

*facepalm*

You're giving 60 bucks to help develop the game and you get some free eye candy for your donation.
IGN:
"
MikeOxlittle wrote:
You realize this game is free right ....

Ok, so PoE is free to play. As Archie Bunker said sarcastically long ago "Whoop tee do!". Free to play is not a reason to then make us pay through the nose for a little character customization. True, these are not a requirement for playing PoE at all and most of us make due with the default item skins and only buy stash tabs to increase our storage space.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
RottenSausage wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:
If I wanted to buy the Ghostflame set - 220 + 220 + 120 = 560 - you expect me to pay nearly 60 bucks for 3x mtx.

Meh - (puts wallet away)

*facepalm*

You're giving 60 bucks to help develop the game and you get some free eye candy for your donation.

I'm already in for $100 "donation" as you call it and while the MTA method for generating revenue is all fine and well it doesn't mean that GGG should go overboard on MTAs to the detriment of fixing serious game flaws. I know, MTAs and supporter packs are the only way GGG has of staying in business and has to be keeping the revenue stream up (same as all businesses) but some items (such as the armor sets) do seem to be priced very high such as $56 for the Ghostflame set although it does look super cool and all and is a newer MTA so that may make it worth more.

Note: I'm still waiting for major PoE improvements to help the 99% loyalists (read as non-uber elite players) in the end game so I can become a champion supporter. GGG, it's time to put up or most of us will drop out.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jul 3, 2014, 10:45:32 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
RottenSausage wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:

Meh - (puts wallet away)

*facepalm*

I'm already in for $100 "donation" as you call it and while the MTA method for generating revenue is all fine and well it doesn't mean that GGG should go overboard on MTAs to the detriment of fixing serious game flaws.

So you think the person doing the art for the MTXs should be fixing serious game flaws? How exactly do you think they should do that? Make desync and other flaws look pretty?

They need to pump out the MTXs because to me the variety is growing at a nice pace but it's still very low for it to be the only revenue the game has. Hopefully they continue to put out MTXs for the game at a fast rate because I don't doubt they need the money to fund the development of the game. Fresh MTXs with variety mean more money for them to work with, I sincerely hope they continue to put as many monthly as they did this month.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

I have donated around $200 (more than I've ever spent on any other game by a LOT) and I am inclined to agree with the OP. If prices were 50-60% of what they are now, believe it or not, I'd have spent even more money.

Almost all of that $200 has gone to cheap skill effects like White Cyclone and Stash Tabs. Every time I consider buying one of the skulls or premium weapon effects, I always back down because of the pricing.

Now, I'm totally cool with some premium stuff. There need to be higher end MTXs to help people stand out and generate income. But why are items like Spirit Charm or Iron Maiden still so expensive? I think the base price should go down over time. The people who want to support GGG and buy every MTX day one can pay full price, and people who are budget-minded like me could wait a few months.

I recall GGG adjusted MTX pricing during Open Beta once... why haven't they done that again? Like I said, I've donated very little since I bought the Divine Pack, and high MTX pricing is the sole reason.
Team Won
To all those who've posted to me "well don't buy it then, duh" - I guess you missed that emote of me putting my wallet away. Or maybe you didn't understand me so let me be very explicitly clear for you guys - (duh) - I will not be paying 60 bucks for a tiny bit of visual content.

My main account has about 40 stash tabs and I have already supported this game probably over 200 bucks now.

The thing is that the game actually isn't worth that price. (I bet certain whales who left last week are feeling some buyers remorse - especially some of them who could have bought new or used vehicles or literally a down payment on a house with what they put in.)

The reason I brought up brand new games is because the latest RPG that just released yesterday from an Indie company much like GGG is selling on Steam for 39 bucks.

The reason I brought up League of Legends is because of any F2P model in existence to this date - theirs is the most fair to everyone involved. 5 bucks gets you a bad ass looking character change. I would pay 5 bucks for a bad ass looking character change.

When I first donated to this company many years ago, I actually thought their MTX model would be fair.

It isn't.

And they continue to squander any chances of ever getting more money from me... money that I actually have set aside for gaming in my budget... that is dying to be spent... on something that I can actually justify.

I want to tip them 5 bucks but actually get something of value back for that.

You disagree? Good for you - continue to fork out hundreds of dollars for not even that great visual eye candy.

I wish they would revisit MTX and match the best F2P model in gaming history. =(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info