LOL mtx pricing

I almost bought that $110 lightning scorpion with the 2500 GGGold I won from the screenshot competition so I could feel like a boss but then I remembered the people with cooler stuff from the expensive supporter packs...

Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
everything is ok at it is... poe status is about showing how much you support the team ...

so.. if you have the money you can buy exclusive sets, if you dont have it then go just default art..

why should it work another way then in rl?

btw, they should price the sets $15 more then it is, cause they should more exclusive then they are...

the marketing concept is unique in the games world since beginning... so the prices, too..

i was amazed about the charity race they did (around $18k)...

ggg should have spend the money to more servers, to get the desync prob gripped, instead a charity action..

please do not miss understood, i am not against charity, but i am here to play a solid game.. if i would have charity, i would surf to a charity page..

how many server you can have for $18k? i think around the world some...
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
loCurnus wrote:

ggg should have spend the money to more servers, to get the desync prob gripped

how many server you can have for $18k? i think around the world some...

Here you go:

"
Chris wrote:

There are some points that I'd like to clarify that have come up since it was initially posted:
  • Desync is not affected by stress on our servers (as explained in the above article). Buying more servers doesn't solve the problem. We have enough servers currently. When they're overloaded, they fail to spawn new areas, rather than affecting combat prediction.

You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

All of the people who are saying this is just to support or donate to the company: this is a business. F2P models are not charity or giving hard work away for free. No serious F2P game with MTX looks at them like this. MTX are a very calculated way of earning as much or even more money than a one time purchase game will make.

In every game with MTX's, there exists a magic number and price point where a %age of the people who play will always spend say $1,000 on the game, $500 on the game, $200 and so forth. This has been studied to great effect (Zynga for example employs a massive amount of analysts to figure out these magic numbers so they can have even bigger ways of milking these percentages) and it is simply a business decision.

That said, the decisions they are employing by putting their price points at such a high amount is counter-intuitive. The more customers you attract, the more they will continually spend. The price points of this model are prohibitive to entry - that is to say, they simply aren't attracting nearly as many customers as they could. While the game development is small and they do have a good % of high money customers, I look around the various towns and notice very few effects. This means there's a significant % of people who are not buying, or they are buying stash / weapon swaps only.

This also means whoever is actually looking into the pricing into this game is not doing his homework. You want damn near everyone you see in a town advertising some kind of effect. You want to see people atleast with an odd weapon effect here or there. It advertises for you to attract others. It also means the people who have purchased these effects will likely buy more things. Out of everyone who has bought points once, most of that number will buy again.

In essence - trying to earn higher revenue gains (and hopefully profits) would actually be beneficial to the community because it would necessarily involve lowering the entry price points to not be so prohibitive to customers.

This is a business, not a charity, not a free game with donations. MTX is and always has been a *BUSINESS* model first and foremost.
Last edited by naxcilliac on Sep 15, 2014, 2:41:33 AM
I'm holding out for my desired effects for when sales hit on them. No way will I pay retail because as you say - overpriced. They have to overprice them though because only a fraction pay for game.
Git R Dun!
PoE has the best F2P scheme out of all the supposedly F2P games I've tried because contrary to most of them the game as such is indeed free.

I agree that it sucks to pay the equivalent of a full-price game for a couple weapon glows. The solution = I don't buy them. Those that disagree keep the game running, which is perfectly fine by me.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
60$ is to show respect for something you enjoy. If you go to see a movie in town you would pay 50$ and you will drink a soda, eat something and enjoy 3 hours of your life.

I payed 50$ only for the new expension even If my salary here is 200$ per month. Why? Becouse I enjoy this game and it entertains me. It's my time, my work, my money and GGG is always working for us. Not to mention GGG actualy gives a crap about their players not like others wich do what they want with their game.
"
60$ is to show respect for something you enjoy. If you go to see a movie in town you would pay 50$ and you will drink a soda, eat something and enjoy 3 hours of your life.

I payed 50$ only for the new expension even If my salary here is 200$ per month. Why? Becouse I enjoy this game and it entertains me. It's my time, my work, my money and GGG is always working for us. Not to mention GGG actualy gives a crap about their players not like others wich do what they want with their game.

so wait your salary is 200$ but cinemas cost 50$ ?

seems like a very nice country to live in lol
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
He said he paid 50 for expansion pack not movie. And making fun of ppls country is uncool. can't choose where your born.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
He said he paid 50 for expansion pack not movie. And making fun of ppls country is uncool. can't choose where your born.

you know whats even less cool ? messing up when trying to lecture someone
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info