LOL mtx pricing

"
Nobake wrote:

One last note on these effects and skins in general - why are earth are what basically amount to color swaps priced so differently? Say scorpion pets - get a basic one for $1.50, which is really cheap. Ivory, Ebony, and Chrome each get slightly higher, but still well within reason. But you want a shiny red scorpion, or a shiny green one? Shoots up to $55. Want a shiny blue one? $110. WTF doesn't begin to cover it. That's the worst example, but you can easily see it in weapon effects as well.

I still find that hilarious. Not only that the most expensive item in the shop is a small, useless pet. But it's also just like another pet - which is one of the cheapest items in the shop - only painted sparkly blue.
I like most of their MTX but yeah some are really overpriced. I mean the Lightning Scorpion pet is 110$. The weapon effects are also mostly overpriced. I find the alternate skill effects are well priced though.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Well - if only some sort of consistency - and clearly established parameters would be nice... a complete revamp of pricing even if they want to keep them ridiculous... fine... but even having sections labelled clearly as:

Weapon > Basic > Good > Exclusive
Head > Basic > Good > Exclusive
Pets > Basic > Good > Exclusive
Etc...

And have a standardized price point: $5 for "Basic" $10 for "Good" $20 for "Exclusive" - and then based on when they release new MTXs, bump things around so that prices perpetually fall as new MTX comes in.

Right now I think any new system to what they have would be better. MTX needs a revamp sooner than later.
"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
60 bucks is an okay price if you got a job and you're a nerd without any social life. You would pay 60 bucks for clothing to look good in real life.

I also argue this statement all the time for spending 15 bucks a month - even at one point 5x multi-boxing for about a year... on main stream MMOs. (Plus the price of the games + expansions)

The difference here is that we are talking value for money invested. MMOs provide consistent patches/changes, and a pure multiplayer experience in massive, vast worlds... actual VALUE for what I paid for

ARPGs are... well... ARPGs.

It's a rather tough pill to swallow forking out the same price as another RPG brand new release (better engine, graphics, play, and style)... especially with the last "expansion" content being as brutally minimalistic. If anything the MTX should be a big "we're so sorry for desync, and really minute amount of content this last go round, so here's some awesome MTXs at reasonable prices"

Furthermore... I've already outlined in previous post but the balance in this game, desync, graphics, ancient engine, no proper trade venue yet, constantly nerfing the shit out of value builds... the list goes on and on... the negatives are piled too high to make this an "exclusive" title as they expect me to think it as. It isn't exclusive. They need to model their MTX based on how good the game actually is. Which is average at best. The value of the current game is not that of a brand new game every 2 month MTX release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Last edited by khemintiri on Jul 4, 2014, 9:49:59 PM
"
GooberM wrote:
I like most of their MTX but yeah some are really overpriced. I mean the Lightning Scorpion pet is 110$. The weapon effects are also mostly overpriced. I find the alternate skill effects are well priced though.

LOL $110
yea hang on let me just spend 2 full priced games worth of money for a little scorpion pet that doesnt do anything. u wot m8.
Last edited by Maximus_X on Jul 4, 2014, 9:53:21 PM
"
khemintiri wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
60 bucks is an okay price if you got a job and you're a nerd without any social life. You would pay 60 bucks for clothing to look good in real life.

I also argue this statement all the time for spending 15 bucks a month - even at one point 5x multi-boxing for about a year... on main stream MMOs. (Plus the price of the games + expansions)

The difference here is that we are talking value for money invested. MMOs provide consistent patches/changes, and a pure multiplayer experience in massive, vast worlds... actual VALUE for what I paid for

ARPGs are... well... ARPGs.

It's a rather tough pill to swallow forking out the same price as another RPG brand new release (better engine, graphics, play, and style)... especially with the last "expansion" content being as brutally minimalistic. If anything the MTX should be a big "we're so sorry for desync, and really minute amount of content this last go round, so here's some awesome MTXs at reasonable prices"

Furthermore... I've already outlined in previous post but the balance in this game, desync, graphics, ancient engine, no proper trade venue yet, constantly nerfing the shit out of value builds... the list goes on and on... the negatives are piled too high to make this an "exclusive" title as they expect me to think it as. It isn't exclusive. They need to model their MTX based on how good the game actually is. Which is average at best. The value of the current game is not that of a brand new game every 2 month MTX release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

lol that was good - thanks, man.
"
...and I thought Oblivion horse armor was kind of a sham. MTX's probably do need to be revisited though. There is no way art assets cost that much to make.
Of course they don't. But just like they don't cost that much to make, the game costs a lot more than 0 to run.
"
Maximus_X wrote:
"
GooberM wrote:

LOL $110
yea hang on let me just spend 2 full priced games worth of money for a little scorpion pet that doesnt do anything. u wot m8.

110$ is a full weekend fun at partys or something like that.
"
ziggro wrote:
I want to know if you like work for free.

This.
"
chack wrote:
"
Maximus_X wrote:
"
GooberM wrote:

LOL $110

110$ is a full weekend fun at partys or something like that.

not in my country , where i live its 5 drinks at the pub

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info