Skyforth presents: Elemental Wander - Piscator's + Burning Wander Updated for 1.2

"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
sam6555 wrote:
How would you rate this build for cost? I don't have too much money or gear, though I lucked out earlier I think and bought 2x Piscator's for 10c each.

Also bought some Maligaro's cheaply.

My main concerns with trying this out is that these kinds of builds are typically very expensive. Also the firing speed seems slow compared to what I'd like, though that also seems to tie in with gearing > getting good mana regen gear.

Also something else about me, the "one skill builds" are ones that I'm more likely to play, as well as me being terrible with knowing what gear to buy/look out for.

Yeah, it's generally one-skill with another for single.

Depends if you want to max out the build, I'd say this build works alright with a 5L with maybe 8-10 ex of investment?

Maxing out any build would be a long way off for me. Right now I'm kinda torn between a couple builds. Ele Buzzsaw or Foxtactics Arc build, but modified to not use the prolif totem though I haven't found a build for it yet. And now this wander has caught my eye. X_X

Currently playing a CI Arc Shad build, some gems just hit 20 still with Arc doing around 6.2k DPS, want something with more punch.
Last edited by sam6555 on Jul 22, 2014, 7:46:22 PM
"
Dracule wrote:
"
IMAVIRGIN1g wrote:
Just started this build I'm around level 40 and I was wondering what everyone did to level. I've been using spectral throw but it's not the greatest. Any feedback to what would be easier to level with would be appreciated, thank you.

Hey man, i leveled as flameblast. Found it extremely easy. Making sure i leveled anger/wrath at the same time tho. I ran Clarity and purity with ignite chance+faster casting+Life leech on flameblast.

I used This Tree. Then when i got to about 70ish i swapped all burning/spelldamage for aura nodes.

Alright thank you, was there any unique you used as a weapon or did you just buy some sort of wand/scepter or something?
"
IMAVIRGIN1g wrote:
Alright thank you, was there any unique you used as a weapon or did you just buy some sort of wand/scepter or something?

I used infernal mantle chest but that was it, just get a high spell damage wand/scepter pref with cast speed.
IGN - Bootloops
Twitch - www.twitch.tv/BootloopsGG
"
Dracule wrote:
"
IMAVIRGIN1g wrote:

I used infernal mantle chest but that was it, just get a high spell damage wand/scepter pref with cast speed.

Did you continue with the infernal mantle once you switched to ele wander? I have a 5L one that's high rolled, wondering if I should try to chrome it to use it or if the +100% elemental damage taken is too much for a build like this.
I used a spec very similar to this for the 1 month HC league until I died to a stupid mistake to the Torture Chamber boss. It was not the build's fault, just a mistake. I never tried the boss previously and only went in there because I was basically done with testing this build.

I leveled with Flameblast. I didn't spec into any nodes and did fine damage up until ~65, but in hindsight this was a mistake and I was basically carried up until I made the swap to elemental wander at level 82. For this reason, you need to find a good spec up until that point. MF'er would be a good thing since this build is mostly gated by the items you need (Piscator's and Alpha's Howl).

My current tree looks like this:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY3NTwFQQdHkDDlwI9DGIRX5tGcHzoqOCHn_G2wsc3CepEZaTJ1ptnaMOSHC7tAzcVyQ8_KvjhJ2q2RNGcR6Up1zAUWNDYqwvb-GIrD9JUfPq1p0dqnBSFr-H22HigwlvnspKwzpWLax_m7UZivsJ9toaj1M1bWy1SG17VUsmlYw26ro8jlfJKPqCx_no6-56qprgRZ24kwx9EH_GnqcIj0bQ0M9lVcYdFPrSFy9k51XWgKQksIbRNunjaiSqGYUabPPd

The plan was to continue much like Kaiserin did by taking the crit nodes around Purity of Flesh and the Power Charges.

This is the gear I had:
Spoiler

I'm overall very pleased with my gear. I found the semi-godlike Ring (tri resi+lightn dmg). I was planning to replace the gloves with a rare pair of gloves w/ Accuracy and possibly attack speed.

I had LL for elemental reflect maps since only the map version gave me trouble as I could otherwise just pop a Topaz flask and get 95% lightning resistance + AA.

I had 3k Power Siphon DPS with these items w/ Power Charges up. This may sound low, but considering it's a 4L (though lifesteal would be the 6th link) and I had a lot of crit nodes + levels to gain on Anger/Wrath, I'm overall quite pleased with the outcome. Don't forget this DPS is chain+LMP. My DPS on Barrage was ~3k tooltip DPS. I realize these numbers may look like a joke to most in comparison to what Kaiserin uses, but I think I was the highest DPS in my group and it will only increase. I could easily solo maps, though physical damage is tricky/rippy without Coil.

The plan was to run Purity of Lightning + Lightning Coil to have some physical mitigation as well as just having good lightning resistance. I'm not sure if it will work on a 6L since you only have 12% mana to work with, but it worked with a 4L and probably a 5L too. I would probably have to use ES based boots/gloves to make sure I have enough mana to use 6L PS in this setup.
"
Namcap wrote:
Did you continue with the infernal mantle once you switched to ele wander? I have a 5L one that's high rolled, wondering if I should try to chrome it to use it or if the +100% elemental damage taken is too much for a build like this.

As soon as I hit a level that i could take all the Aura res nodes I bought a ES/EV 5L chest. What I have found with this build is that it does run out of mana if only momentarily. So having infernal mantle would be a downside. Every now and then I have a cast that would bring me to about 10 mana.

@Izuria are you sure that is what your dps is? Im pretty sure I have worse gear than you and I have a 3k dps power siphon but with GMP (With power charges).
IGN - Bootloops
Twitch - www.twitch.tv/BootloopsGG
The gems in your gloves are amazing mate.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Also Sky and others, what are your thoughts on swapping in Thunderfists and picking up Static Blows. Getting the increased shock duration would help one shock bosses and high hp rares.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
Daresso wrote:
Also Sky and others, what are your thoughts on swapping in Thunderfists and picking up Static Blows. Getting the increased shock duration would help one shock bosses and high hp rares.

Lose too much crit IMO.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
First time trying this build. Issues I've come into in the 1MOHC event comes down to regen on rings/neck forcing me to run discipline for a bit, as well as running into some resist issues that prevent me from shuffling gear around. Maybe I should shuffle things around for more dps and pickup purity of elements.

If I had to do it again, I would have gone with a different build for the 1moHC. So far my impression is this build is a longer project build that requires some very specific item rolls to put it over the top, which are hard to obtain, at least in 1moHC. Maybe I'm wrong, or doing it wrong. But right now I'm getting blown away by my buddy running one of the Raging spirit builds. His dps/clear speed with much cheaper, easier attainable gear is just ridiculous, I'm struggle to keep up. Overall this is an awesome build, and has been one of few that I've thoroughly enjoyed playing.

This is my gear thus far in 1 MoHC event. Current Power Siphon + GMP tooltip dps with 6 charges 4508.2 and I think about 5800 or so on Barrage/faster attacks or 6500 barrage/crit multiplier.

Spoiler

Last edited by Menacetech on Jul 25, 2014, 5:03:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info