Skyforth presents: Elemental Wander - Piscator's + Burning Wander Updated for 1.2

"
IMAVIRGIN1g wrote:
Just started this build I'm around level 40 and I was wondering what everyone did to level. I've been using spectral throw but it's not the greatest. Any feedback to what would be easier to level with would be appreciated, thank you.

Hey man, i leveled as flameblast. Found it extremely easy. Making sure i leveled anger/wrath at the same time tho. I ran Clarity and purity with ignite chance+faster casting+Life leech on flameblast.

I used This Tree. Then when i got to about 70ish i swapped all burning/spelldamage for aura nodes.
IGN - Bootloops
Twitch - www.twitch.tv/BootloopsGG
I have been away from the game for a few months now (left like 2 weeks in the Ambush league). Just came back and always wanted to do an ele-wander so I started this build up. Great guide by the way, very informative. Couple questions though that may be obvious but I just forgot game mechanics.

1. How do you run 4 auras + clarity on mana. I had a EB/MoM EK scion before and I could only run 3 auras. I did some quick napkin math and I still don't understand. With Alpha's howl, I can run 3 auras + clarity. Haven't found a way to run 4 unless I have over 4k mana, and even then I add up to barely 100 mana left to dps with.

Is this correct to calculate %aura reserve?
60% * 59% (from passives) * 71% (reduced mana gem) * 92% (Alpha)= 23.12% per aura *3 in Alpha's howl = 69.37%
60% * 59% * 71% = 25.13% for aura not in Alpha.

I don't have room for Clarity until around 3700mana, and even then it leaves nothing for dps or AA. I must be missing something here as I saw your video you only have 3700 mana and you have a lot more mana left over.

2. I have a decently rolled 5link Infernal Mantle in my stash. Can I use this even with the +100% elemental damage taken when on low mana? I have never used the item in any build so I'm not sure how much you would feel this +100% ele damage.

3. I'm currently levelling with ST using a 2hander+Wrath (can't run Anger and Wrath yet, only level 40). I am terribly bored of levelling ST, did it too many times. I know it's not recommended to switch early, but assuming I would switch to a Power Siphon build, should I go for the aura nodes above the Templar first, or the crit nodes in the Shadow side? I would go for a 4link at first to limit mana cost until I have the rest of the build going. I just want to switch before 65-70 if at all possible.

Thanks for any help!
"
Namcap wrote:

60% * 59% (from passives) * 71% (reduced mana gem) * 92% (Alpha)= 23.12% per aura *3 in Alpha's howl = 69.37%
60% * 59% * 71% = 25.13% for aura not in Alpha.
Alpha is additive to passives, and it 8% affects any aura, not only inserted into, smth like :
60% * (59%-8%) * 71%
Also I running this build at fresh character from level 1. I tried switch to wand from spectral throw at levels 40 and 60 without success - wand deal a lot less damage, is slow and havent such great aoe. Now I 73 lvl still running ST, going to finally switch at lvl 75 as Skyforth says
English is not my native language, so forgive me for the mistakes pls
"
Dracule wrote:
I have been running this build for the SC1M. I have made it to 84 just recently. I havnt been able to farm an alpha howl yet but i am using GMP on power syphon and i nearly 1 hit everything in a 71 map.

The hardest problem for me is pure phys enemies. EG ROA exile, Hammerbro exile. They really push my shit in. How do you deal with this? I had an idea of maybe running a pure es shield (350+es) and then running lightning coil + Purity of light maybe instead of grace.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Worst i've ever dealt with was tanking atziri triple bosses. Even then, it was pretty damn tanky. If one really prefers armour, then you could spec into IR.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
Dracule wrote:
I have been running this build for the SC1M. I have made it to 84 just recently. I havnt been able to farm an alpha howl yet but i am using GMP on power syphon and i nearly 1 hit everything in a 71 map.

The hardest problem for me is pure phys enemies. EG ROA exile, Hammerbro exile. They really push my shit in. How do you deal with this? I had an idea of maybe running a pure es shield (350+es) and then running lightning coil + Purity of light maybe instead of grace.

That is what I am going for. I just don't have enough resist yet and haven't 5L'ed my Coil yet. It is quite tricky getting enough resist since you get zero resists from passives then you lose 60 light from the coil.
"
MartinDeShade wrote:
"
Dracule wrote:

That is what I am going for. I just don't have enough resist yet and haven't 5L'ed my Coil yet. It is quite tricky getting enough resist since you get zero resists from passives then you lose 60 light from the coil.

CwDT - EC - IC - ID saves you from burst damage.

Double Armour Granite Surgeons for pre-emptive cheezemoding.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
How would you rate this build for cost? I don't have too much money or gear, though I lucked out earlier I think and bought 2x Piscator's for 10c each.

Also bought some Maligaro's cheaply.

My main concerns with trying this out is that these kinds of builds are typically very expensive. Also the firing speed seems slow compared to what I'd like, though that also seems to tie in with gearing > getting good mana regen gear.

Also something else about me, the "one skill builds" are ones that I'm more likely to play, as well as me being terrible with knowing what gear to buy/look out for.
Last edited by sam6555 on Jul 22, 2014, 2:46:48 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I am using a granite with the % armour roll also. Just some bosses / exiles literally stun lock me :S. I do only have a lvl 18 aa though. Not running my cwdt yet as i have prefered to take power siphon + rarity. I can change this out at any time though.

Now, i have only really had exp up until 72 maps. Is there any bosses that do give a bit of trouble?
IGN - Bootloops
Twitch - www.twitch.tv/BootloopsGG
"
Dracule wrote:
Thanks for the responses guys. I am using a granite with the % armour roll also. Just some bosses / exiles literally stun lock me :S. I do only have a lvl 18 aa though. Not running my cwdt yet as i have prefered to take power siphon + rarity. I can change this out at any time though.

Now, i have only really had exp up until 72 maps. Is there any bosses that do give a bit of trouble?

I imagine you're talking phys based bosses, not really apart from the big bad guys (Vaal, Dom) - maybe some exiles with bad map mobs will give you a hard time but idk, I've always preferred to have a cull with IIR on my weapon swap with Reapers or whatever.
"
sam6555 wrote:
How would you rate this build for cost? I don't have too much money or gear, though I lucked out earlier I think and bought 2x Piscator's for 10c each.

Also bought some Maligaro's cheaply.

My main concerns with trying this out is that these kinds of builds are typically very expensive. Also the firing speed seems slow compared to what I'd like, though that also seems to tie in with gearing > getting good mana regen gear.

Also something else about me, the "one skill builds" are ones that I'm more likely to play, as well as me being terrible with knowing what gear to buy/look out for.

Yeah, it's generally one-skill with another for single.

Depends if you want to max out the build, I'd say this build works alright with a 5L with maybe 8-10 ex of investment?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info