Skyforth presents: Elemental Wander - Piscator's + Burning Wander Updated for 1.2

I went SRS until 86 then switched to this build to try wander. With SRS I was able to farm 77/78 maps with basically any mod (except no regen) and carry my entire group. After switching specs and buying gear (which is nearly impossible in the 1msc league) my dps and clear speed isn't anywhere close to where it was (in fact I can no long run any high lvl maps). My neck is bad and I am hunting a replacement, but the rest of the gear is ok. I know that lvl 20 aura gems make a difference, but I don't think it is going to double my dps. Right now with 7 power charges, my dps is 6760 with gmp in 6L. I am using the final build from the front page. Without some legacy crit/crit multi, I just don't see how you can obtain that kind of dps in any new league. Here is my gear in case you can provide some feedback on what I should change (except neck). I believe a crit and crit multi neck should increase my dps to 7200 ish.

Gear
Spoiler
"
tyranie909 wrote:
I went SRS until 86 then switched to this build to try wander. With SRS I was able to farm 77/78 maps with basically any mod (except no regen) and carry my entire group. After switching specs and buying gear (which is nearly impossible in the 1msc league) my dps and clear speed isn't anywhere close to where it was (in fact I can no long run any high lvl maps). My neck is bad and I am hunting a replacement, but the rest of the gear is ok. I know that lvl 20 aura gems make a difference, but I don't think it is going to double my dps. Right now with 7 power charges, my dps is 6760 with gmp in 6L. I am using the final build from the front page. Without some legacy crit/crit multi, I just don't see how you can obtain that kind of dps in any new league. Here is my gear in case you can provide some feedback on what I should change (except neck). I believe a crit and crit multi neck should increase my dps to 7200 ish.

Gear
Spoiler

WTB Quality Gems, accuracy on rings. 20 gems will be ~17% DPS boost. You don't need legacy necks, you just need a neck that has SOMETHING xD At the moment it's very weak when in fact the neck is the best piece of jewellery to get DPS, a basic 30% multi roll with wed or crit chance or accuracy will do wonders for your DPS.

This spec is not designed to carry 6 man parties, regrettably - that spec is the low-life version.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Yea i figured as much. Basically the amount of gear needed to make this spec on par with others is insane. Even a 20% damage boost would not put this near the clear speeds I have obtained with other specs. I really hope wonders get some love in the next patch as I really like the play style. Also I am pretty sure low life builds (even non snapshot) will be getting a nerf with the patch as well. Thanks for the writ up though. It is very well put together and very helpful. Just too big of a gap with certain skills/combos right now to justify the cost of making it work.

You also have to remember i am putting this gear together on 1m league not standard. So finding the gear/gems you would need is basically impossible. If you do manage to find it on poexyz then I am almost guarantee that the person selling will never sign back on.
Last edited by tyranie909 on Jul 30, 2014, 10:58:00 AM
Get fucking ready guys.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
From the looks of it they are making ele damage modifiers into buffs instead of auras. Being that cold and fire. Looks like alot of possible wand nodes up top. Looking forward to more info and your thoughts skyforth.
IGN - Bootloops
Twitch - www.twitch.tv/BootloopsGG
"
Dracule wrote:
From the looks of it they are making ele damage modifiers into buffs instead of auras. Being that cold and fire. Looks like alot of possible wand nodes up top. Looking forward to more info and your thoughts skyforth.

I think those are status ailments, not actual flat damage.

Ash -> burn

Ice -> Freeze/chill
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Yeah mate, that could be it. Still, its the most exciting exp by far for me. Love when they make massive changes to the tree.
IGN - Bootloops
Twitch - www.twitch.tv/BootloopsGG
What's a reasonable dps people obtain with a 5link with this build? I find it very hard to compare to other builds when looking at my current stats. I'm only level 77, with level 17.8 auras so I know I still have good chunk of dps to gain, but it's hard to understand what it means.

What I mean by this is, my power siphon 5link, with 7 power charges, is at 2,300 dps and barrage is at 2,800dps right now. With this ridiculously low dps, I destroy level 66-68 maps, and map bosses take 5-10seconds. Groups of enemies melt faster than my 8,000dps ground slammer.

So, with a 5link and level 20 auras (21 if I'm lucky with vaals), what dps could I obtain and what map level does it allow to do? I'm guessing I'll end up at about 5-6k dps, but is that enough for 75+ maps? Is it good enough to try Atziri?
NamCap

I tried this build out in 1MOHC event. I ended up at a little over 5k Siphon/GMP DPS on a 5 Link with 6 charges and level 20 aura gems and a bit over 8k on 4 link barrage @ lvl 85. Ultimately I ended up switching over to the burning wander version because the clear speed was noticeably faster for me with the gear I had. If I had a 6 link and was running that additional crit multiplier, I'd still be rockin GMP/Siphon. This build is hard to gear for in a short league, but the damage potential is definitely there.
Last edited by Menacetech on Aug 1, 2014, 5:08:54 PM
Any recommendations for my gear? I feel like im low on life and damage. I can run clarity, anger, wrath, and haste OR grace, but not both. Im at 2,400 life which seems really low, and all my resists are not even capped (67% for lightning and fire, 75 for cold). Im lvl 75 and I have lvl 19-20 wrath and anger from other builds im using, but my dps is still lacking. I have 1172 power siphon with a 5 link w/ faster attacks (trying to get rrggb for WED). I figured its either my gear or passive tree, or maybe both. Anyone have any tips for what I need to change? I respecced into this character so im still trying to get it set up fully.

GEAR
Spoiler

passive tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAB2MI9Ax9DkgQfxGWFSAXLxmGGYoajxzcHRQkPCSwJ6ko-imlKk0s6S0fL28xiDbpOrM74TyORnFJUUp9TLNOKlAwVcZV1lYtVytXyVptW69irGNDZOdnoG0Zb55wu3NTeQN-WX_GgKSCHoMJhtGHdot6j0aTJ5u1naOdqqKjpwinK6dcrEesf7QMuJPAVMHzwzrGnspKz2XQ0Nad2RPbC90N4vfjauOE6rrrLOvu9tr60vsJ_MU=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info