Action Screenshot Competition Winners

"
Sneakypaw wrote:
If you can't tell why #1 is #1 then you have no sense for immersion.

This would be my rating.

#4 (1)
#2 i like the setting, but the vaal smash is hard to see
#4(2)

Immersion - the action of immersing someone or something in a liquid.

I'm drowning in how deep #1 is
Last edited by JeIlySickLe on Jun 23, 2014, 5:14:06 AM
the leap slam screen shot is perfect
"
Swazza3000 wrote:
#4 - Leap Slam is definitely the best. And probably the hardest to capture. Amazing.

hard ?

You jsut make a video where you leap slam 20 times and then just find the best spot and screenshot the video then. Nothing hard there :P
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
JeIlySickLe wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
If you can't tell why #1 is #1 then you have no sense for immersion.

This would be my rating.

#4 (1)
#2 i like the setting, but the vaal smash is hard to see
#4(2)

Immersion - the action of immersing someone or something in a liquid.

I'm drowning in how deep #1 is

immersion

im·mer·sion

an act or instance of immersing.
state of being immersed.
state of being deeply engaged or involved; absorption.

I just find #1 to be very artistic and has a great feeling to it.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Grats guys! Awesome screenshots!

Good post Brian!

I know I do not have the best computer in the world, I know the work and effort it took me to create the post and take the best screenshots I could with what I have. Of all those who have read my post can appreciate the progression in the screenshots and even the attempt to create a story, like my hybrid Templar hunting down Marveil progeny or freezing a giant spider :D. My bloodthirsty warrior in the woods hunting a witch, or fighting an albino bear in its den.

If anyone wants to take a look:

I honestly had more fun trying to get a good screenshot that playing normal and I think I speak for all who suffer in game, for whatever reason: bad day with crafting, bad drops, or silly deaths outside our control. Such competition helped to restart the game after a break and is appreciated.

Overall a nice event. It's a great game and is still much room for improvement. GGG, keep up the good work.

Have a nice day.

Manuel Jr.

P.S.: Honestly I'm not entirely agree with the order of the winners, the rules were not defined in full. Humanity will never agree fully with anything :)

P.S.2: I am still depressed and unmotivated but I hope tomorrow I return to play POE until the league is finished, if possible.
I liked number 4 the most. GG.
Goes to show that you never know what the judges are really looking for until you see the winners. Personally I liked #3 the best, but once you narrow it down to the top entries, it all becomes subjective after that anyways.

Looking forward to the honorable mentions, and I really hope they show more than just a dozen or so images, since I'm sure that there were lots of great submissions.
I'm a bit surprised at the choice for #1, even after reading the comment. I think the devourers are very nice and, of course leap slam. LW and the brawl are also cool.
Thus my ranking is:
1. Devourers
2. Leap Slam
3. Lightning Warp
4. Brawl
5. Fetid Pool
Anyway, grats to the winners. :D
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Meridin wrote:
Goes to show that you never know what the judges are really looking for until you see the winners. Personally I liked #3 the best, but once you narrow it down to the top entries, it all becomes subjective after that anyways.

Looking forward to the honorable mentions, and I really hope they show more than just a dozen or so images, since I'm sure that there were lots of great submissions.

Yeah, i want to see a lot more.
that number 1 picture...

that is no action picture, nothing interesting is happening. opened it, and thought these are gonna be extremely boring if thats the winner, i was happily surprised by the others though

the necromancer i raising his arms as if he is casting spells that is all good and well, but why would the templar be holding his shield up to defend that? and for me it does not look like he is swinging at all just standing still and defending, the necro has his hands all the way up in the air he would have had lots of time to strike... the rhoa part looks messy and takes too much focus from the templar and necromancer. the atmosphere is cool, the action is not

on the other hand number 3 looks absolutely amazing, they look like they are full on engaged in combat. the two figures actually looks like they are reacting to each others blows, and the blood splatter coming out of kole is a nice touch

like most of everyone else i like number 4 aswell, although i think brutus looks to passive (guess there is nothing to do about that if you want the groundslam in there)

anyways congratulations to the winners
ign HC: Arnold_Schwarzeneger
ign Nemesis: Svamp_i_fugen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info