Action Screenshot Competition Winners

Snorkle_uk - u are so right. Im done with poe contests because of lack of regulations. Its always unfair, like the whole game tbh. They should at least give some commendations to all cool screens. Like 25 points reward. But there is no thinking behind it.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Coal48 wrote:
it's rather the top 5 itself that I disagree with

yeah I hear ya lol, I felt a little down when I saw I didnt get a look in and then saw the ones that won it. I spent days and took probably 7000+ screen shots, if they had specifically said no red outlines or no screenshot taken text I could have even gone into photoshop and removed them fairly easy, Im a graphic designer its what I do for a living.

Its all good though, its not the first time this game has spat in my face, its not even the first time the game has spat in my face today lol, wont be the last, this competition was at least consistent with the rest of poe in that fashion.

Well, this was posted in the Competition Thread Post #1

Spoiler
Here are some additional guidelines:

As this is an Action Screenshot competition, the image should display some combat or other action in-game

Ideally take full non-cropped screenshots at a high resolution like 1920x1080

Please have shadows and texture quality turned on in the screenshots

Chat should be off

Try to minimise the amount of UI shown (i.e. item hovers, life/mana numbers, health bars, un-levelled-up gems, the F1 latency display, etc)

It's okay to use photoshop to fix tiny problems with the image, but please don't manipulate the screenshots to the extent that they look different than the game does

It's fine to enter multiple times
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Jun 23, 2014, 7:01:52 AM
red outlines are quite ugly, how would you expect to win with them ?
IGN TylordRampage
Firstly, congratulations to all winners!!

IMO #1 is a pretty good, clean and simple fight.
However #4 is amazing, that well captured leap was sick and deseve a better position.
Congratulations to all the winners and future honorable mentions! <3

#1 is really good but #3 wins it for me, personally.
That fist fight is just such a good and aimed action shot.
#4 is (are) best.
I Propose: Players vote on contest entries in the future.

+1
"
kymeimei wrote:
... I guess a rhoa in the fetid pool is more artistic... Maybe snapshotting my minions pissed off the judges!

No, I think the winning images are all a lot more crisp and clear. Your two examples are way too cluttered, it's hard to see what is actually happening.

Congrats to the winners! I like the warping witch the most, her pose is perfect.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Edited because I was rude. Sorry.
Last edited by buttplu on Jun 24, 2014, 9:22:13 AM
"
Malone wrote:
red outlines are quite ugly, how would you expect to win with them ?

Wait - is there a way to turn them off?
Gotta check that.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info