Action Screenshot Competition Winners

Woot! Thank you GGG!

Congratulations to all of the other winners as well!
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
#2 or 3-4 for me! hahah Noice job!
IGN Ken__Kaniff

That moment when I saw my screenshot... WOW !
I am shocked, happy shock. :D

Thank You GGG ! Great winners ! :D
"
kamoa wrote:

That moment when I saw my screenshot... WOW !
I am shocked, happy shock. :D

Thank You GGG ! Great winners ! :D

Congrats. Nice touch with the charity race mask. :)
I saw a lot of really cool ones in the thread, but i must admit these weren't that special to me. I'm surprised!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Hahaha so I guess my shots were too flashy eh. Well, I gave it my all, I hope i'll at least be mentioned in the runner's up.
IMHO #4 and #5 should have been in the first 2 places, they are way better and action-y than the first three
Sometimes my faith in human beings takes a serious beating. I can't believe you people are seriously, actually telling GGG you can't believe you didn't win, mad you didn't win, don't like the winners and being so rude. You'd never say these things out loud, in person when some contest winners were answered.

I didn't enter for reasons of my own but I can't believe all the cry babies in this thread, I'd never disrespect GGG or anyone in that fashion.

Manners. Find some.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Congrats to all of the winners, but I do honestly think that #1 didn't deserve to be #1. I can understand the logic and reasoning given, but to me it just doesn't strike 'immersion' with me. If the rationale is that it was being judged with the stipulations of being an early 'survivor' on Wraeclast and showing the dangers/horrors that this place has to offer to the beginning 'adventurer', then it works. However, that was not the criteria given and after looking at it...if this was a screenshot that was meant to hook me into the game as someone who's never played it then I'd not bother at all. There's no immersion for me, and that's not because it doesn't have enough action, it's because it's just plain bland and boring.

The brawl with Kole is a much better and far more immersive picture to me. As was described, it's a pic between two meaty brawlers and all the extra details like the gore on the floor and their stances really speak to me, not to mention the character selection. The Marauder figting with just his bare fists, disregarding any need for a sword or other weapons, not afraid to get right up into the face of this powerful adversary, and showing that he has no concern for getting wounded...that speaks far more to me than the first image. This image captures the spirit of the Marauder quite well, and also speaks of the game itself...Wraeclast is not a friendly place, you will encounter monstrosities that have been twisted and warped, and again, it shows that the Marauder is in character facing those challenges without backing down.

The leap over Brutus' slam is also far more immersive to me than the first one, though not exactly sure which class it is (someone will tell me for sure, so thanks in advance for that). Some of the same reasons as above; showing that Wraeclast is not a friendly place to those who have been exiled there, and that this is but one of the horrors survivors will face on their travels through its harsh 'climate'. It also shows the resourcefulness and skill of the exile using a skill gem's power to his advantage and perhaps even surprising Brutus in the cunning use of Leap Slam to bypass that nasty ground slam. Brutus, while not the brightest of monsters, is caught off guard, perhaps even slightly stunned in shock at what is happening, and no time to react to the exile getting ready to come down and deliver a blow with his axe. A good showing of strategy working to overcome sheer brute force, which ironically is also quite close to what one of the exiles says after defeating Brutus (Duelist, I think?)...nice touch there when you think about it.

These two images bring me into the game far more than the first one does, and honestly they look better in terms of visuals as well. Of course, all of this is just my opinion, and I could certainly elaborate on my reasoning more, but I think that this is more than enough for what is needed. While I understand the explanation of the first image, I think #3 and #4 capture the spirit of this game far better than the #1 entry and should have been the contenders for top spots. I didn't see many of the other pictures so I am not commenting on all of the other submitted entries, but just from the ones presented...far better than what was chosen IMHO.
Last edited by Tanakeah on Jun 23, 2014, 9:29:25 AM
#1 is nothing special, pretty lame if you ask me

#4 is the best

you have questionable taste...

do the short story competition next time, I don't think anyone likes the current order and some of the choices
Last edited by GreatThree on Jun 23, 2014, 9:35:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info