Action Screenshot Competition Winners

"
Sneakypaw wrote:

Well, this was posted in the Competition Thread Post #1

Here are some additional guidelines:

As this is an Action Screenshot competition, the image should display some combat or other action in-game

Ideally take full non-cropped screenshots at a high resolution like 1920x1080

Please have shadows and texture quality turned on in the screenshots

Chat should be off

Try to minimise the amount of UI shown (i.e. item hovers, life/mana numbers, health bars, un-levelled-up gems, the F1 latency display, etc)

It's okay to use photoshop to fix tiny problems with the image, but please don't manipulate the screenshots to the extent that they look different than the game does

It's fine to enter multiple times

yeah but chat turned off doesnt stop "screenshot taken" from coming up in chat every time you take one. Coal48s red lines arnt mentioned in the ui either, I think if he knew all his shots would be disqualified for them he would have submitted ones without. But as I said, its all good, such is life.
Not too good guys, you could have picked better candidates.
you have to be kidding me
"
peachii wrote:
Sometimes my faith in human beings takes a serious beating. I can't believe you people are seriously, actually telling GGG you can't believe you didn't win, mad you didn't win, don't like the winners and being so rude. You'd never say these things out loud, in person when some contest winners were answered.

I didn't enter for reasons of my own but I can't believe all the cry babies in this thread, I'd never disrespect GGG or anyone in that fashion.

Manners. Find some.

Actually... if I was involved in some sort of contest in real life and that #1 picture won despite lacking the most basic of requirements (that the player be performing some kind of action) I actually would say something. Not only is it worse than the others, it didn't even follow the rules.

It has nothing to do with manners or being a cry baby. I didn't enter the contest so I'm not mad that I didn't win. I just think it was a bizarre choice and felt like saying so. You must not know me, because I'd do the same thing in real life lol.

I don't mean any ill will towards the winner, I think the comments are more directed at GGG for choosing a screenshot as winner that didn't even meet the requirements.

Normally, my faith in humanity takes a beating when I hear about murders and rape. Not... disagreements on a video game forum lol.
Team Won
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
"
peachii wrote:
Sometimes my faith in human beings takes a serious beating. I can't believe you people are seriously, actually telling GGG you can't believe you didn't win, mad you didn't win, don't like the winners and being so rude. You'd never say these things out loud, in person when some contest winners were answered.

I didn't enter for reasons of my own but I can't believe all the cry babies in this thread, I'd never disrespect GGG or anyone in that fashion.

Manners. Find some.

Actually... if I was involved in some sort of contest in real life and that #1 picture won despite lacking the most basic of requirements (that the player be performing some kind of action) I actually would say something. Not only is it worse than the others, it didn't even follow the rules.

It has nothing to do with manners or being a cry baby. I didn't enter the contest so I'm not mad that I didn't win. I just think it was a bizarre choice and felt like saying so. You must not know me, because I'd do the same thing in real life lol.

I don't mean any ill will towards the winner, I think the comments are more directed at GGG for choosing a screenshot as winner that didn't even meet the requirements.

Normally, my faith in humanity takes a beating when I hear about murders and rape. Not... disagreements on a video game forum lol.

The Basic attack is considered an action.

And if #1 belongs to on spot #1 or not is subjective. In this case the Judges at GGG liked that kind of screenshot better. Saying you think the other candidates are better is just as subjective as GGG saying they like #1 best.

You people behave like it is a matter of fact that the other screenshots are better. Well, it's not.

And the whole behaviour here IS rude. Maybe not so much to GGG (even though it is), but to Wraeclastian who submitted the screenshot.

And I can only laugh at the post 'demanding' some kind of Point Prize because they think they had better screenshots.

“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Jun 23, 2014, 10:30:55 AM
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
"
peachii wrote:

Manners. Find some.

The Basic attack is considered an action.

And if #1 belongs to on spot #1 or not is subjective. In this case the Judges at GGG liked that kind of screenshot better. Saying you think the other candidates are better is just as subjective as GGG saying they like #1 best.

You people behave like it is a matter of fact that the other screenshots are better. Well, it's not.

And the whole behaviour here IS rude. Maybe not so much to GGG (even though it is), but to Wraeclastian who submitted the screenshot.

And I can only laugh at the post 'demanding' some kind of Point Prize because they think they had better screenshots.

Its a shame people just have to spew their hate all over the internet and even hate on something as innocent as a contest about taking a screenshot.
wow what a #1 screenshot for a ACTION themed screenshot contest. brutus and kole are the best in that top 5.
Brutus and Kole are the best of those 5s.

Cant see the action in #1 at all. Autoattack, 2 rhoas and a necro. Such action much wow.

Same bad result as the exile competition. Sad life
TOILETTE  BRUSH  BOYS

@Etti
B R U T U S' B L O O D * S L A M * I S * T H E* B E S T * O N E

Thats the winner for me.

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
Nice screenshots, #4 is my favourite but I can see why you picked #1. Also loving the butthurt :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info