DRelentless' Low-life BM Redbeak Reaver (25k dps) -> $$Cheap Build

"
Flojobot wrote:
So,

It looks like I have found my 3rd char build. My first was done on the fly, it stopped being good enough to level at 73. My 2nd was a Ziggyd RF, it is still great at 83. Is this build one that could make it in to the 90s? I apologize if that is somehow an ignorant question as I am still pretty new to the game.

I have wanted to go low life for a couple months (no Shavs obv) and I love the redbeaks. Would you reccomend staying Scion or going Shadow? Will you be updating your guide for 1.2?

Thanks again for sharing a great build.

Yes definitely it can. With new patch, new passives using a Shadow, it is even stronger and tankier now.

Even at level 65 minimal gears you can already do DOM/PIETY runs solo efficiently, not so many builds can do that.
Pound for Pound (Power/Cost) this is one of the strongest. Of course you cannot compete with a 50+ exa worth build.

I will probably update just the basics for 1.2, and consolidate later if have more time. As long as you able to get the basic concept behind, you really cannot go wrong. Me or guys here will be able to answer questions from time to time.
Nice build, was considering running Low life BM now with the buff to Reserve. Could possibly be even better with the new and improved Cleave (a skill I have been dying to use again - Love me the demon slap), will have to wait and see.

Thinking it may be better with a shadow now though
Last edited by dfolucinda on Aug 19, 2014, 4:32:54 PM
"
dfolucinda wrote:
Nice build, was considering running Low life BM now with the buff to Reserve. Could possibly be even better with the new and improved Cleave (a skill I have been dying to use again - Love me the demon slap), will have to wait and see.

Thinking it may be better with a shadow now though

Thanks man. Agree, with cleave base 100%, it is 30%+ more damage compare to reave, but u cannot use the Essentia claw. Dual weild =(0.65+0.65)*. Yes shadow will be stronger I guess, but Scion is not too far behind if the 2 redbeak setup is still used.

Edit: have to buy that Demon Slap thingy for cleave to work as well :)
Last edited by Drelentless on Aug 19, 2014, 9:35:02 PM
Gdems
"
Girlkiller wrote:
Gdems
ю
орл
So,

I am leveling my Shadow in Rampage eagerly awaiting my ability to switch over to low life. Currently leveling with Searing Bond and flameblast with no issues.

My questions are as follows.

1. How much of an issue is the nerf/recalc to ES/Armor/Evasion to the build? I know the build uses the tippy top of the scale ES for boots/gloves/ect.

2. Iron reflexes is in the middle of nowhere. Is it really better than going for the ES & Armor cluster at the top left and filling out more ES in the center wheel. Again, I am no expert but it seems like the build is paying a lot for that one node

3. With the recent buff to Mortal Conviction (Hazzah), do we try to get more Auras or do we try to use the extra life for more powerful skills/curses. Obviously it sounds awesome to run 10+ auras but I want to squeeze value out of the build, whereever possible.

Thanks to anyone willing to chime in, I should be at low life by mid week if all goes well. I know that seems like a ways away but I can't dedicate the time to the game that others can, I have a family/career/ect.
"
Flojobot wrote:
So,

I am leveling my Shadow in Rampage eagerly awaiting my ability to switch over to low life. Currently leveling with Searing Bond and flameblast with no issues.

My questions are as follows.

1. How much of an issue is the nerf/recalc to ES/Armor/Evasion to the build? I know the build uses the tippy top of the scale ES for boots/gloves/ect.

2. Iron reflexes is in the middle of nowhere. Is it really better than going for the ES & Armor cluster at the top left and filling out more ES in the center wheel. Again, I am no expert but it seems like the build is paying a lot for that one node

3. With the recent buff to Mortal Conviction (Hazzah), do we try to get more Auras or do we try to use the extra life for more powerful skills/curses. Obviously it sounds awesome to run 10+ auras but I want to squeeze value out of the build, whereever possible.

Thanks to anyone willing to chime in, I should be at low life by mid week if all goes well. I know that seems like a ways away but I can't dedicate the time to the game that others can, I have a family/career/ect.

I will answer u while I still can:

1.) The es nerf will definitely affect it but not severely, as almost 40% of es are from Discipline, so around 6% less es overall probably. The good thing on this expansion is the Masters bench crafting, surely you will have no problem crafting 200+ es gloves/boots/helms quite cheaply.

Example: You either buy or roll a item level 74 Sorcerer boots (es base 64 + max roll of 47) -> 111 es. Haku can craft it max 68% increased energy shield + 20% armour scraps -> 88%. Total = 111*1.88 = 208 ES can be achieved just buy crafting alone even after nerf.

2.) Yes Iron reflex take a lot of nodes, but you don't have the luxury of equipping high armor gears, even if you do, Grace+IR combo in a pure aura builds will give the best result and the most cheapest reliable phys mitigation ever. You also need to get 150+ Dex to run your auras, if you don't path that south east tree, you will still spend 2-3 big Dex nodes to function properly.

3.) If you can unreserve 9-10% of you life it is sufficient enough for casting skills & attacking. If you're able to get a +1 gem roll on either your chest or boots, empower on anger & wrath is the best value u can get, it negates the recent nerf to it. Herald of ice looks good as well.

So The transition to Lowlife is become easier now. the issue will be later on when you are at a high level (lvl 90+) since you will have difficulty finding a very high es gears unlike before to finalize your character. You can put empower to Discipline as an option.

Getting to low life mid week is quite good already :) I myself have a full time job.
currently trying this build in beyond (hc), shadow start, still leveling with flameblast. will keep you updated
I am also still leveling this build as Shadow, but in Rampage. I don't have the Chops for HC yet. Currently behind schedule and lvl 55 with dual totem searing bond. Leveling has been smooth despite the somewhat odd tree allocation for a dual totem build.

I expect to switch to low life sometime next week as I will be out of town this week-end. I think I will be using the +Max %5-20 ES on rings that one can craft for 1 ex. I don't know if it will get ES to 6k, but it will certainly add some survivability.

Already got one ring for the recipe. 122 Res and 26 Increased weapon ele damage, 2 spots remain open.

Last edited by Flojobot on Aug 27, 2014, 3:53:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info