DRelentless' Low-life BM Redbeak Reaver (25k dps) -> $$Cheap Build

"
fatachy wrote:
Will using only vitality gem give enough life regen to fill the mana requirements of reave?

Assuming you have a lvl 17 vitality gem:

Lvl 17 Vitality Gem = 1.50% life regen

Increase Effect of Aura = 68% + Inner force(21%) + Athleticism(5%)= Total 94% increase effect of auras/buffs

1.5% regen * 194%(From passive buffs) = 2.91% life regen

HP From level(12/Lvl) at lvl 70 = 900
Base HP(Shadow) = 57
HP from STR(150) = 75
Total = 1032
Total with 8% from passive = 1114.56
Total Regen / Second = 32.433696 HP/Sec

Reave = 5 req mana based from new update
Multi Strike = 180%
Life Leech = 130%
Conc Effect = 160%
Weapon Ele = 150%
Mana Req = 31 Mana per strike

Assuming you strike 2 times a second, meaning 6 strikes due to Multi strike, wouldn't the 32.43 regen be enough?

EDIT: also this is assuming you are killing a single target, wherein the 2 life gain from red beak only does give 6HP per strike

Richie :) Nice question. For single target definitely it will not evens out, that is why I mentioned I foresee this will be an issue if using only 1 redbeak. But we go through the numbers.

Correction actual skill cost : 5*1.8*1.3*1.6*1.5 = 28.08 life per strike

We based from your assumption of 6 attack/seconds --> actual maybe higher

Life Spend = Cost of 3 strike is 28.08 life with multistrike = 9.36 life/attack

Life Gain = You gain (32.4 life/sec)/(6 attack/sec)+ 2 life per hit = 5.4 life/attack + 2 life/attack = 7.4 life/attack

Short = 9.36-7.4 = 1.96 life/strike * 6 strike/sec = 11.76 life/sec

Total life unreserved (7 auras= 380%) = 1114 *[100%- (380%)*(1-0.38)*(0.74)*(0.5)]= 142.9 Life Unreserved

Time before you 0 hp while continuously attacking = (142.9)/(11.76) = 12.15 sec
So theoretically, after 12.15 seconds your attack will fail. that's a long time :D

Things to consider:

- You did not include gears may have life roll, life regen or life gain on rings rolls
- Single target big boss always have adds around
- Rare mobs die usually under 10 secs

Correct my calculations if there's any mistake, will gladly change it :)

Last edited by Drelentless on Aug 17, 2014, 1:14:01 PM
minion stats: http://goo.gl/gQxs0w
Modifiers: http://goo.gl/jGIr8b
Zombie dps calculator: http://goo.gl/XIStJV
Last edited by Galax201 on Aug 17, 2014, 1:27:15 PM
I am trying out this build since returning after a year and I actually do have a 5 link shav's for the chest, but nothing better in my stash than a rime gaze at the moment. Should I aim to get a better ES helm or perhaps utilize the rime gaze with a single target focused attack?
"
obake1 wrote:
I am trying out this build since returning after a year and I actually do have a 5 link shav's for the chest, but nothing better in my stash than a rime gaze at the moment. Should I aim to get a better ES helm or perhaps utilize the rime gaze with a single target focused attack?

The biggest advantage of having a Shavs is you can use non ES gears on most of your item slot, which allows you do even more powerfull builds, say phys crit Abyssus builds, and it doesn't seem appropriate to still be using a 1chaos item as your main weapon if you have the budget to buy a high phys weapons, so you can remove the life leech gem and just rely on huge leech bonus of bloodrage.

But if you insist on doing this build, and nothing better in your stash atm. Well, any decent ES helm will do, the 5L on the chest is better, so you can use weapon elemental gem to replace added chaos, and use faster attack instead of conc effect. Damage output would be the same, but you now have more AOE. No need for a separate single target attack skill, you don't have any sockets for that as you use up full 3 item slot just for auras.
Ah thanks, I actually don't have the budget for anything else. This was a legacy Shav's I found myself a very long time ago and have really nothing of value other than this item :P
"
obake1 wrote:
Ah thanks, I actually don't have the budget for anything else. This was a legacy Shav's I found myself a very long time ago and have really nothing of value other than this item :P

Nice, how lucky :) But I don't really play on permanent leagues anymore. I think you should try this on the upcoming new leagues instead, seems more appropriate
drelentless in your opinion is this build viable in hc 1.2? Is it risky considering ive only played high hp builds before?
"
vg22869 wrote:
drelentless in your opinion is this build viable in hc 1.2? Is it risky considering ive only played high hp builds before?

The one major problem of the build is degen effect of Bloodrage and you don't have ES regen as "Kiting" will be a disadvantage, and you are a melee. It might be viable to a few experienced melee HC players, but will not be viable for most players.
Last edited by Drelentless on Aug 17, 2014, 11:57:17 PM
"
Drelentless wrote:
"
vg22869 wrote:

The one major problem of the build is degen effect of Bloodrage and you don't have ES regen as "Kiting" will be a disadvantage, and you are a melee. It might be viable to a few experienced melee HC players, but will not be viable for most players.

got ya, i'll try this in sc then

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info