DRelentless' Low-life BM Redbeak Reaver (25k dps) -> $$Cheap Build

"
Flojobot wrote:
I am also still leveling this build as Shadow, but in Rampage. I don't have the Chops for HC yet. Currently behind schedule and lvl 55 with dual totem searing bond. Leveling has been smooth despite the somewhat odd tree allocation for a dual totem build.

I expect to switch to low life sometime next week as I will be out of town this week-end. I think I will be using the +Max %5-20 ES on rings that one can craft for 1 ex. I don't know if it will get ES to 6k, but it will certainly add some survivability.

Already got one ring for the recipe. 122 Res and 26 Increased weapon ele damage, 2 spots remain open.

nice, i'm still level 39, don't really have much time to play at the moment either.

i've noticed drelentless doesn't use a cwdt-enduring cry-immortal call setup - why?
You dont have sokets for thith combo)
Yes. You don't have enough socket space to do that anymore. But, like I said before you already start with around 10k armour and can easily reach 15k with full leveled grace, thats a hell lot of physical mitigation already. CwDT Immortal call is unreliable if paired with enduring cry, since u are only immune to phys damage if IC is up, onced u take ele or chaos damage it resets, and u wasted the endurance charges

I am currently level 70 and made the switch to low life earlier this week. I have spent a little over 1 Ex on my current gear and about 15 chaos worth of fusing, jewelers, and chromes to get things set. I still need a quality blood magic, enhance lvl 2, a good curse, and the best Vaal gem for the build.

Below are my current gears and I currently have a hair less than 3k ES and about 8k armor. I plan on going ES for my next 10 levels and adding +%ES to my rare ring when I gather up the funds/master levels required.

So far maps have been more me being an aura char than my dps, I am learning to be careful with such a small ES pool but I have died many times, probably all due to my newbieness. Any Suggestions for what I should change would be welcome.

Passive Tree thusfar

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYADXwOPBFQFHEVIBcvGYoajxzcHRQdTx2qJLAlvCcLKPoppSpNLOktHy1HL281uUKjRXxGcUcGTipQQlFMVdZXyVnzW69cil9qZOdmnm0Zb55wu3KpfNl9W3_GgKSDCYO2htGMNo9Gj_qTJ5Ugl5ebtZ_LoqOnCKcrrEesqrQMtDi4k8AawcXB88M6ykrQ0NkT2Vvb590N37_hiOUZ6hjquuvu7Bj22vcy-Ov60vsJ-_U=

Last edited by Flojobot on Sep 4, 2014, 11:36:57 AM
"
Flojobot wrote:

I am currently level 70 and made the switch to low life earlier this week. I have spent a little over 1 Ex on my current gear and about 15 chaos worth of fusing, jewelers, and chromes to get things set. I still need a quality blood magic, enhance lvl 2, a good curse, and the best Vaal gem for the build.

Below are my current gears and I currently have a hair less than 3k ES and about 8k armor. I plan on going ES for my next 10 levels and adding +%ES to my rare ring when I gather up the funds/master levels required.

So far maps have been more me being an aura char than my dps, I am learning to be careful with such a small ES pool but I have died many times, probably all due to my newbieness. Any Suggestions for what I should change would be welcome.

Passive Tree thusfar

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYADXwOPBFQFHEVIBcvGYoajxzcHRQdTx2qJLAlvCcLKPoppSpNLOktHy1HL281uUKjRXxGcUcGTipQQlFMVdZXyVnzW69cil9qZOdmnm0Zb55wu3KpfNl9W3_GgKSDCYO2htGMNo9Gj_qTJ5Ugl5ebtZ_LoqOnCKcrrEesqrQMtDi4k8AawcXB88M6ykrQ0NkT2Vvb590N37_hiOUZ6hjquuvu7Bj22vcy-Ov60vsJ-_U=

You're Lacking so much "flat damage" on your ring/amulet, and you have so much "Increase Damage%" on your build atm & it's not balanced. Your boots & gloves are quite good actually, and you have taken just one cluster of ES% nodes so far, yes too low.

I suggest you the following:

- use this http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essentia_Sanguis and replace 1 redbeak, respec those 5 nodes near Ghost reaver & put to Inner force & a es% node.

- upgrade your ring & amulet to "flat damage" with INT & with flat ES & ES%. You don't really need any resist on accessories, just use Purity of elements atm, I believe you still have enough unreserve life, or replace any 1 purity. concentrate on pure DPS rings/amulet that you can buy.

- Use Vaal Discipline, it will save you alot of times. Practice to drink flask first if you're going to engage a large pack mobs(I always do in most of my build)

- Remove faster attack on whirl blades, you already have Bloodrage & haste running

- Just level till you reach 3.8k+ ES before you hit higher difficulty map, which can be easily achieved as you already have the gear

- You are purely dealing elemental damage and I don't see any elemental weakness curse. It is a mandatory even for a elemental casters when you step into maps.

- I don't see any CwDT combo. You can try this: low level CwDT-Enfeeble-Ele weakness. Buy a deodre's damning ring. it may appear not good on paper dps but it's highly effective.

- buy a mid quality lvl 1 reave(level 5 max), then take the Shaper node near Inner Force, see if you can remove vitality gem.

- Enhance & q Bloodmagic not really needed atm, you already lack socket space.

Remember that this build rely on your high damage to leech back life, and good mobility. You can PM me in-game if I'm online I might be able to help you.
Last edited by Drelentless on Sep 4, 2014, 12:10:12 PM
Hiya, just dropping in to say I absolutely adore this build! ... and ask a couple of questions while I'm first at it. :)

Now as I said, I am stricken by this build. Dropped a Solaris Lorica some days ago, and just knew I had to make some sort of low-life build. Always wanted one, but never played enough to be in possession of the kind currency you'd need for a Shav's ... And also becasue the thing just looks so damn cool. Anyways, lvling a toon and trying to challenge myself by sticking to the principles of the build despite not having the right gear/gem setups (lvl 45 atm), it's a ton of fun!

And I'm curious as to what bandit rewards you get? Normal seems obvious; kill them all for a passive point (could go for the 8% but resistances aren't that hard to come by late-game), but what about Cruel and Merciless? I imagine you'd probably go for the passive poit in Merciless, though a frenzy charge is also an option seeing as Blood Rage is used in the build. And Cruel; is the attack speed worth picking up, or do we get enough from Blood Rage and Blood Magic's low-life bonus combined with Multistrike and the fairly quick speed of the Redbeaks?

Thanks in advance!
Proud contestant of the August 2011 fan art competition!
http://eisenholdt.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d471060
December 2012 fan art competition:
http://imgur.com/7iRSm
http://imgur.com/YO6HR
Last edited by Eisenholdt on Sep 5, 2014, 2:04:31 PM
"
Eisenholdt wrote:
Hiya, just dropping in to say I absolutely adore this build! ... and ask a couple of questions while I'm first at it. :)

Now as I said, I am stricken by this build. Dropped a Solaris Lorica some days ago, and just knew I had to make some sort of low-life build. Always wanted one, but never played enough to be in possession of the kind currency you'd need for a Shav's ... And also becasue the thing just looks so damn cool. Anyways, lvling a toon and trying to challenge myself by sticking to the principles of the build despite not having the right gear/gem setups (lvl 45 atm), it's a ton of fun!

And I'm curious as to what bandit rewards you get? Normal seems obvious; kill them all for a passive point (could go for the 8% but resistances aren't that hard to come by late-game), but what about Cruel and Merciless? I imagine you'd probably go for the passive poit in Merciless, though a frenzy charge is also an option seeing as Blood Rage is used in the build. And Cruel; is the attack speed worth picking up, or do we get enough from Blood Rage and Blood Magic's low-life bonus combined with Multistrike and the fairly quick speed of the Redbeaks?

Thanks in advance!

Glad you liked it! But be aware that the big nerf on wrath & anger did make the early transition to low life a bit lackluster But as u get proper gear n levels it should do find. Buy the gems you need early so you can level it as you go.

Ideal Bandit would be: kill all /attack speed/ kill all. The more attack speed the better.

"
Drelentless wrote:

Glad you liked it! But be aware that the big nerf on wrath & anger did make the early transition to low life a bit lackluster But as u get proper gear n levels it should do find. Buy the gems you need early so you can level it as you go.

Ideal Bandit would be: kill all /attack speed/ kill all. The more attack speed the better.

Thanks, I figured as much. Another thing I'm wondering about, though, is life sustain. Is vitality enough, or do we have to pick up life regen on the tree? Saw you told someone else to do that back on of the pages in this thread. What's the benchmark, so to speak, for life regen% needed to sustain Reave-spamming?
Proud contestant of the August 2011 fan art competition!
http://eisenholdt.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d471060
December 2012 fan art competition:
http://imgur.com/7iRSm
http://imgur.com/YO6HR
"
Eisenholdt wrote:
"
Drelentless wrote:

Thanks, I figured as much. Another thing I'm wondering about, though, is life sustain. Is vitality enough, or do we have to pick up life regen on the tree? Saw you told someone else to do that back on of the pages in this thread. What's the benchmark, so to speak, for life regen% needed to sustain Reave-spamming?

Depends on your play style, I find Redbeak +2life gain on hit sufficient as long as you hit something. You can take Shaper node anytime near Scion + vitality to sustain spamming. After you have really done the build then you'll know if u need or not.
Really cool build! So the main damage output is via elemental, i.e. rings/amulets focus on ele damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info