Speedy Puncture + Pierce Split Arrow / Reflect Safe or Glass Cannon / Level 100 & Uber Atziri Farmer

"
Prices for good harbinger bows in std are ridiculous. But I'm sure a lioneye, which is affordable, will do the job with this build.

Do the job up to what point though?

I have the currency to buy a decent harbinger bow, but the problem is the opportunity cost. They are expensive enough that the alternative is just buying a Shavs for a little more. I hate to say it but this is this pricing wall where once you get to a certain point you might as well just make a buzzsaw character.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
I don't have a lioneye myself. I was lucky enough to drop a nice harbinger, comparable to the author's one. I sometimes use puncture instead of frenzy (for temple piety for instance) and I can one shot boss with it, when I crit.
We can still get a good idea with the average damage on crit with lioneye:

An average lioneye does 66-242 damage.
My bow does 180-373, which translates to 1237-2563 damage on my character sheet offense tab.
With an average lioneye, this will do 453-1662.
An average hit does 1057 damage.
I have 708 crit mul. So a crit does 7483.
This is multiplied by 1.3 with a very average vulnerability => 9728
So initial hit does about 10k on crit. Then the target bleeds for about 25% of this value per second, multiplied by 1.4 from Vulnerability, ie. 3400 dps.
And if the target move, it takes more than 15k damage per second.

As for split arrow, I don't understand myself how they can achieve such high values ^^. I'm way behind when I use it (on 5L, no drillneck).

Given that, it's up to you to decide.

edit: fixed bleed damage while moving.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jul 20, 2014, 2:04:48 PM
I went ahead and picked up a modest harbinger (282 pdps and 7.85% crit chance with a little extra fire damage) for 9 ex. It's not linked, but I'm doing OK so far just manually switching out for puncture for bosses in my 5L chest.

Of course, I'm just running piety to level a bit (only level 68 now) and a shavs drops. I've done loads and loads of piety/dom/map runs with massive magic find and now I get the GG drop on a 0 magic find character. RNG, lol.

Now my dilemma is even more acute. Do I continue trying to link this bow and eventually my chest, or do I switch to some broken shavs build? Do I sell the shavs and get a GG bow? My head may explode.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
"
I don't have a lioneye myself. I was lucky enough to drop a nice harbinger, comparable to the author's one. I sometimes use puncture instead of frenzy (for temple piety for instance) and I can one shot boss with it, when I crit.
We can still get a good idea with the average damage on crit with lioneye:

An average lioneye does 66-242 damage.
My bow does 180-373, which translates to 1237-2563 damage on my character sheet offense tab.
With an average lioneye, this will do 453-1662.
An average hit does 1057 damage.
I have 708 crit mul. So a crit does 7483.
This is multiplied by 1.3 with a very average vulnerability => 9728
So initial hit does about 10k on crit. Then the target bleeds for about 25% of this value per second, multiplied by 1.4 from Vulnerability, ie. 3400 dps.
And if the target move, it takes more than 15k damage per second.

As for split arrow, I don't understand myself how they can achieve such high values ^^. I'm way behind when I use it (on 5L, no drillneck).

Given that, it's up to you to decide.

edit: fixed bleed damage while moving.

I have the same thing, i am 76 now and i have a harbinger in the one month league 116-258 wich was hard itself to sort in the one month league, all items the same except the quiver as it is not available and i get 3019 damage per second in town with my split arrow doing 4918 dps

If someone knows the clue please enlighten me

no clue how i get 44k i am missing the clue ^^
"
swarmofseals wrote:
I went ahead and picked up a modest harbinger (282 pdps and 7.85% crit chance with a little extra fire damage) for 9 ex. It's not linked, but I'm doing OK so far just manually switching out for puncture for bosses in my 5L chest.

Of course, I'm just running piety to level a bit (only level 68 now) and a shavs drops. I've done loads and loads of piety/dom/map runs with massive magic find and now I get the GG drop on a 0 magic find character. RNG, lol.

Now my dilemma is even more acute. Do I continue trying to link this bow and eventually my chest, or do I switch to some broken shavs build? Do I sell the shavs and get a GG bow? My head may explode.

The only thing you should ask yourself is what play style do you enjoy. Of course, CoE Shav's would be sick on this build. :P

"
roetetoet wrote:
i get 3019 damage per second in town with my split arrow doing 4918 dps

If someone knows the clue please enlighten me

no clue how i get 44k i am missing the clue ^^

Your numbers are in town. The OP has a nice 6L bow + Drillneck and I'm guessing his screenshot was taken with Hatred aura and full charges up. That makes a huge difference. If you stack physical damage and crit gear, you can even get those kind of numbers with a 5L Lioneye's (been there, done that) but it's not as safe.
Last edited by feyith on Jul 20, 2014, 8:03:07 PM
"
swarmofseals wrote:
"
I'm sure a lioneye, which is affordable, will do the job with this build.

Do the job up to what point though?

"
AnEcho wrote:
Hey! having a lot of fun with this build. Kind of curious as to what base stats i should have before trying Atziri. Currently level 79.

Just wanted to update this. I have pretty cheap gear including Lioneye's and soloed Atziri's guardians just now on my first try - and I think Atziri herself (as Sidra said) will be just a matter of learning the fight and practice, vs. having to level or change anything.

Gear:

Spoiler

Stats with Flasks:

Spoiler

Hope that helps! :)
Im using this bow that my guild mates gave me :)

it has 291 pdps which i find it quite okay, but it just lacks of crit.

My split arrow with hatred is around 6.3k / puncture around 5k.

hard to find any good rings/amulets with the required stats damn!
I just swapped a Drillneck onto my Phys Crit Ranger an took out LGOH for Added Fire just to get 6 offensive gems like the OP - 32k. This dude's rocking, but 43k seems about right. His bow is about 10% better than mine, A few k for the Rat's nest, and then a few more thousand for the extra 7 levels. His Diamond Ring is pretty sick too.

DPS doesnt rise linearly in this game, it's exponential.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
The problem I see with using a Lioneye's is the fact that hits can't be evaded. That means your evasion for reflect is 0%. Your survivability is going to suck against reflect mobs with such high damage.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
That's the main reason I can't run Pierce.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info