Speedy Puncture + Pierce Split Arrow / Reflect Safe or Glass Cannon / Level 100 & Uber Atziri Farmer

I've been leveling up a toon for this build using legacy facebreakers. I'm level 66 now and when I hit 68 and can use the gear I'm hoping to make the transition.

I did a shadow build and so far have used Phase Acrobatics for additional survivability, but I could see speccing out of it.

I'll be using:

Maligaro's Virtuosity
Doryani's Invitation
Rat's Nest
Atziri's Step
Drillneck

along with rare jewelry and chest. I should have enough eva to forego grace and run hatred.

My question is this:

How much DPS do I really need on my bow to get started mapping (say, 66-72 maps give or take)?

The bow I am looking to purchase is craftable. It already has 9+ crit but the DPS is low at 150 or so. Will that be enough for low maps? Or will I need to go ahead and craft it first before it will be viable?
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
150 dps is low, even with such a crit. You want this kind of bow at least for low level maps:

Also be careful with resistances with so many unique items.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jul 19, 2014, 1:33:31 PM
"
feyith wrote:
Well, the obvious changes are you can remove Accuracy nodes from the tree. You can also probably get by with skipping Attack Speed and trading Faster Attacks on your Puncture for PPAD or Added Fire, since your base attack is faster but doesn't hit quite as hard per arrow. For safety, since you can't evade yourself on reflects, you may or may not want to take Crit Multi off the tree and grab more Crit Chance and/or Projectile Damage for more consistency instead.

Thanks for the response! Will definitely take a look at those accuracy nodes and see where i can switch over to more crit chance instead of multiplier
I'd say leave the multipliers for the very late levels (most ranger builds even do without any crit multi from tree). Go for crit chance first.
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Ok so i've done this build, the dps seems ok.
some screenshots
Split Arrow in Town
Split Arrow In Town

Split Arrow with Auras ( Haste + Hatred)
Spoiler

Split Arrow With Auras + Charges (3 frenzy 5 power)
Spoiler

Split Arrow With Auras + Charges (3 frenzy 5 power) + Atziri Flask
Spoiler

Split Arrow With Auras + Charges (3 frenzy 5 power) + Atziri Flask + Vaal Haste
Spoiler

Single Target ( Puncture )
TOWN
Spoiler

Puncture with Auras ( Haste + Hatred)
Spoiler

Puncture with Auras ( Haste + Hatred) + charges (3 frenzy 5 power)
Spoiler

Puncture with Auras ( Haste + Hatred) + charges (3 frenzy 5 power) + Atziri Flask
Spoiler

Puncture with Auras ( Haste + Hatred) + charges (3 frenzy 5 power) + Atziri Flask + Vaal haste
Spoiler
Last edited by AHyperDuck on Jul 19, 2014, 9:21:34 PM
"
AHyperDuck wrote:
some screenshots
Split Arrow in Town
Split Arrow In Town

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

TOWN
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Puncture with Auras ( Haste + Hatred) + charges (3 frenzy 5 power) + Atziri Flask
Spoiler

Puncture with Auras ( Haste + Hatred) + charges (3 frenzy 5 power) + Atziri Flask + Vaal haste
Spoiler

WOW! THOSE KIND OF DAMAGES! AWESOEM!

Could u link ur gear?
"
AgentTrack wrote:
"
AHyperDuck wrote:
some screenshots
Split Arrow in Town
Split Arrow In Town

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

TOWN
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

WOW! THOSE KIND OF DAMAGES! AWESOEM!

Could u link ur gear?

"
AHyperDuck wrote:

and ze bow.
Dang, the guy who was selling the bow already ruined it and hadn't updated his thread.

Finding a decent bow is really tough. It seems like reasonably rolled bows start at 30 ex for a 5L or 6L and are really 50+ for a good roll where good is defined as 8+crit and 250+dps. That seems ridiculous.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Prices for good harbinger bows in std are ridiculous. But I'm sure a lioneye, which is affordable, will do the job with this build.
I´m new at crafting so I want to ask you something:
Would you guys use chaos or make it with alts + ex to craft a harbinger with atleast 300pdps and ~20crit ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info