[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

"
thx for ur help. I would say: start poe and lvl a new char :)

Might do it next league, still kinda pissed at my last death (83), and exams are coming soon :)
Can i build with SCION ? Can Scion kill Atziri ?

I intend build for next league
Last edited by trunghoa on Jun 11, 2014, 6:11:43 AM
"
H4NS wrote:
Differences on Meaningful Stats
Pros
Spoiler
+35 Flat HP
+1% Life Regen
+30% Increased HP
+18% Armour
+6% Physical Damage
*30% Stun Avoidance through Heart of Oak
Through Diamond Flesh we get:
*+12% Fire/Lightning Resistance
*+4% Cold Resistance

Cons
Spoiler
-1% Max Cold Resistance
-4% Movement Speed
-12% Chaos Resistance (1% Life Regen is superior in terms of Blood Rage, without Chaos Resistance on gear, you get a net 0,544% Life Regen)
-3% Attack Speed
Loss of the Sovereignty Cluster, this implies:
*-1% Max Fire/Lightning Resistance
*Loss of F/L Resistances (Diamond Flesh nullifies this; 39*0,28=11 & 12>11)
*Some Armour lost from augmented Grace (+18% Armour is better than +28% Grace Effect)

To gain more life and regen, you sacrificed damage mitigation, dropped maximum resistance nodes and ability to empower auras for 85/79/85 resistance. Chaos resistance doesn't only reduced damage taken from blood rage (which in ideal scenario you do not want to support better, you want to drop it entirely), but from all chaos damage sources. Build can get physical damage immunity trough long lasting immortal call and its biggest problem is elemental/chaos damage when it doesn't get blocked.
Perhaps changes you made would be better for playing low and mid level maps. However, at lvl 100 (at which you're comparing the trees) difference would be barely noticeable at low/mid lvl maps, but it would be very noticeable in high lvl maps and apex/abyss. so i do not recommend respecing to the tree you linked at high lvls.
Why would you blurr out your char name lol
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
ogrec wrote:

To gain more life and regen, you sacrificed damage mitigation, dropped maximum resistance nodes and ability to empower auras for 85/79/85 resistance. Chaos resistance doesn't only reduced damage taken from blood rage (which in ideal scenario you do not want to support better, you want to drop it entirely), but from all chaos damage sources. Build can get physical damage immunity trough long lasting immortal call and its biggest problem is elemental/chaos damage when it doesn't get blocked.
Perhaps changes you made would be better for playing low and mid level maps. However, at lvl 100 (at which you're comparing the trees) difference would be barely noticeable at low/mid lvl maps, but it would be very noticeable in high lvl maps and apex/abyss. so i do not recommend respecing to the tree you linked at high lvls.

I only dropped one maximum resistance node (cold), which isn't very common at the moment.

I didn't drop any ability to empower auras, it can still reach 84/78/84.

Chaos damage is scarce in this game. I have honestly never seen someone die to it, excluding Havoc because it was suicide :v)

I wouldn't always rely on using immortal call, I have seen top players and heard stories of people (and me) that die because IC was double-casted (I have a mechanism for this) or ran out (but not for this ;_;), it back-stabs you when you least expect it.

30% increased life gives around 500 extra life with good gear (150 BoR, 75 rings, 130 belt, 90 gloves, around 1080 from strength and levels). This is also excellent for the 2nd phase in the Apex, as you don't need the RS and Lazhwar, which means you can use some life whoring amulet/boots.

Now check the maths: say mobs hits for 40000 fire damage, with 84% mitigation you will take 6400 damage, while with 85% 6000. This is a 400 damage reduction, you are getting more "mitigation" from that 30% extra life! 500>400

This effect is also bigger when suffering physical/cold/chaos damage

This build also has more armour, 18% Armour > 28% Grace

Secondary benefits from higher life, include: higher "net" regen, stun/freeze/chill/shock avoidance

I am also more scared of physical damage, 5 out of my 6 reeps on high level invasion have been to physical damage. If I remember correctly: wirakucha, animate weapon guy, grath, those whippers, lady stormflay
Last edited by H4NS on Jun 11, 2014, 3:51:39 PM
You cannot empower auras with skill tree you posted, unless you're dropping Hatred. Empower has a mana multiplier.
can u post ur "clear speed" in map 77+ ?
Sure, i was planning on recording cortyard boss fight, but i'll include entire run next time i play this char (i'm currently leveling a new build so might take a few days till i get back to this one).
"
ogrec wrote:
You cannot empower auras with skill tree you posted, unless you're dropping Hatred. Empower has a mana multiplier.

This is true, completely missed this, sorry :X

And I think I have bad news, even with with LVL21 RM and Sovereignty it's may not work either...

I am not completely sure if the mana reserved percentage is rounded up, if this is true, then...

40% Auras will cost 29, and 60's will cost 43.

40*0,68(RM)*1,25(E)*0,84(Sov)=28,56=>29
60*0,68(RM)*1,25(E)*0,84(Sov)=42,84=>43

29*2+43=101%

If it doesn't, well, you are in luck, because it will reserve 99,96%

Have you tried this before?
Empower only supports active skill gems, so you can only empower purities/hatred, not reduced mana support gem too (as its not an active skill gem).

That being said, i have reduced mana lvl21, but it's not needed to empower purities. Idea is to use 4L empower+reduced mana+pof+pol and 2L reduced mana+hatred (in WoE), so that hatred is not empowered. That way mana reserved is 160%*0.71*0.84=95%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info