[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

@ruzga do you play on standard? I may ahve an extra non legacy BoR if you do.

IGN: Flickinboogers
I think that cleave with conc effect gives better single target damage but the overall clear speed for maps is lower because of low range.
How much do you sell Mortal Hope for? Today have seen one going just for 20ex.
I'm about to get Acorbatics and Phase Acrobatics in a couple of levels, I'm not sure where to head in the tree after that.. should I head over to the Templar side of the tree to get Discipline and Training and Enforcer or go for the HP clusters Barbarism and Combat Stamina?
@ogrec do you think its worth dropping a few +life nodes to get the increased skill duration nodes in order to keep IC up longer?
IGN: Flickinboogers
@kebal
mortal sets are worth around 35-40ex on standard and i'm expecting price to go up

@reitaaaxD

get barbarism and combat stamina before you fo to templar area imo.

@skuterpie

no
Can you run purity of light , fire and hatred with a lvl 20 reduced mana? cause i cant with a 19 atm
Ive got
the none legacy version, is that still useful on this build? i find the lower elemental resist is diffcult to cope with
What came first Mcdonalds or KFC?
@Philss
Yes, you can reserve 140% mana with reduced mana lvl 20.

@xAvengingAngelx
First of all, that is a legacy version of rainbowstrides, non legacy has +20% max resistance. Check my gear in first post, i'm using a non-legacy version. Second, it would be harder to make it work, but not impossible. If you have trouble finding gear to cap resistances, you can probably trade those rainbowstrides you have for a non legacy version with higher block chance and some extra currency.
Last edited by ogrec on Aug 24, 2014, 6:51:06 AM
Hey ogrec a question, here.

Dual strike has got quite a bit of critical chance with quality. Why not run a critical version by removing resolute technique? Or does the pro not outweigh the con here? I have not tried, so I really want to know.
First, WoE is not a good weapon if you want to go critical strike, you want something with faster attack speed and a lot more crt, preferably at least 8%.

Second, gear is an issue, you want an amulet with crit chance and multi and possibly rings too. Most crit builds also want Maligaro's Virtuosity. Need to replace Stone of Lazhwar and gloves which are a good source of resistances means you'd lose 50% of your block chance and would have a lot of problems capping resistances if you still want to use Bringer of Rain. Even if you would be able to cap res and still use BoR, the fact that you need to replace WoE as well means you lose additional 25% spellblock and 10% block chance so not even block is capped anymore.

Which brings us to thirt problem - points required for build to work. Block chance lost droping Wings needs to be replaced in some way. While it is possible to craft a good crit weapon using one of the master mods that add 7-10% block chance, it means losing an affix and therefore losing damage. If you try to get more block on the tree, you're losing points you need to spend on getting crit chance, crti multi and...

...the 4th problem - accuracy. You need to take some nodes on the tree (15-20 would be a minimum) and, alongside crit and crit multi on jewellery, you also need to look for accuracy on jewellery.

Wings, Bringer and Lazhwar are build enabling uniques for this build, you drop one of those and you lose a huge amount of defenses and synergy between the items. I hope this explains the reason why you cannot adjust this build to go crit, you remove one of those items and its not the same build anymore.
Theres no going halfway with this build or with crit builds, you have to chose whether you want high defense or high offense. Trying to make hybrid between the two would mean you dont have enough defenses to facetank monsters AND dont have enough dps to kill them before they kill you (which is how crit builds are played).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info