[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

"
Gnomestapo wrote:
"
recurring wrote:
I've been running my own version of this recently (just saw your post now). I haven't really had hopes of doing Atziri but I've been having a lot of fun and was wondering if you had any critiques:

Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecCcQSzBS0OPBEeEdUTTBQgFE0UcRhNGNsaOB3KIWAkmyb4KNsppTBPMHcyiTSTNug6UkCgQXRHfkp9TipQR1b6V-JZ81n-W69fP2BLY3BlTWWnZ4BnoG5pcql07XTxdU52K3fleEl673zZfPWAioM4g3yE2YZgh3aKIpAKkFWVm5krmy2euZ_LogCnMKeEqAepaKvFrKq2Qb2BvqfAGsCmwPPBBMGj3Q3f7-Jh6hjsOO9O73zv4_cy90346_zFGJHjnycv7w68n_ZIjM89_CXfpKzyLw==

Gear

Gems

Weapon: Vaal Cyclone, LGOH, Added Fire, Melee Phys, Blood Magic - Off slot for Vaal Haste
Bringer: Multistrike, Melee Splash, Blood Magic, Dual Strike
Boots: Reduced Mana, Hatred, Grace/Haste depending on map, empty slot
Gloves: Leap Slam, Faster Attacks, Blood Magic, Blood Rage

I've been more focused on clearing maps but I feel like with this setup I'm lacking gem slots for curse and eduring cry. I have capped block with the flask up and I find I can clear quite fast.

My major issue I find is armor but even with grace up I still only have around 8k which isn't a whole lot.

Also I'm unsure if the AoE nodes in the templar area are worth it. The life regen is really nice so I kind of validate the extra two points for increased AoE.

Curious how you are doing without cast when damage taken linked to enduring cry and immortal call? And what level maps are you doing. Thanks!

Well with max block and I've been starting to just manually cast enduring cry I live quite well. I run end game maps and I can clear it with relative ease I find. My major issue is reflect since block doesn't help with phys reflect. CWDT is just a luxury, manually casting enduring cry is easy enough.
"
With -31% chaos res, I can out regen my level 19 BR with 4 endurance charges up. If you need more life regen, you can spend 2 points to get heart of the oak near Ranger start. I plan on getting it @ level 95 or so.

Its better not to waste regen to support blood rage if you can get leech rate elsewhere. Think of it this way - with blood rage you regen 20% life per sec (leech rate cap), without blood rage if you can get enough leech elsewhere to reach cap, you can regen 24.5% life per sec (cause of 4.5% regen from tree). Also, it frees up gem slot that can be used for a curse or enhance for longer IC duration. On top of that it allows replacing melee splash with added fire instead of life leech which gives more dps vs atziri for example.
Last edited by ogrec on Aug 7, 2014, 6:20:42 PM
"
ogrec wrote:
"
With -31% chaos res, I can out regen my level 19 BR with 4 endurance charges up. If you need more life regen, you can spend 2 points to get heart of the oak near Ranger start. I plan on getting it @ level 95 or so.

Its better not to waste regen to support blood rage if you can get leech rate elsewhere. Think of it this way - with blood rage you regen 20% life per sec (leech rate cap), without blood rage if you can get enough leech elsewhere to reach cap, you can regen 24.5% life per sec (cause of 4.5% regen from tree). Also, it frees up gem slot that can be used for a curse or enhance for longer IC duration. On top of that it allows replacing melee splash with added fire instead of life leech which gives more dps vs atziri for example.

This build will greatly benefit from the heart of the oak node in my opinion. It gives you 4% max life, 1%HP regen, and 30% chance to avoid being stunned, which is really the icing on the cake here.

BR at level 20 0Q, gives you 6% life leech + 5% increase to attack/cast speeds per frenzy charge. The benefits are just too good so once you can out regen it's chaos degen, it's irreplaceable. Plus I really like it's visual art :)
You're right about Heart of Oak, it's a really good node and that's the reason why its included in both of the final skill tree variants.
Last edited by ogrec on Aug 8, 2014, 4:02:28 AM
Hi will you update the tree after those shadow/ranger part of the tree changes that will come with forsaken masters?
IGN: BerserkCry LVL 91 / MoodyGod LVL 81
Last edited by Lancelod1992 on Aug 8, 2014, 5:11:30 AM
yup
Hello again, now that the one month race is over, I could focus again on this nice build.

I have been trying some random stuff with my version of the tree I posted earlier (88-Invasion reep)

Just wanted to say that with 62/61, enfeeble and the leech gem, you can facetank all four phases of the Death and Taxes boss as long as you keep IC up (very easy thanks to the BoR mod). You don't need any flask, maybe ruby for the flameblasts but the 1k'ish damage is quickly leeched back.

Deaths: 1. IC went down and animated weapons quickly killed me

Update!

Olmec's Sanctum is also very viable

You want to clear the adds first. The fire/lightning totems are the easiest, just a mindless facetank. Ice is a bit harder still easy with a of heat sapphire.

The complicated one is the chaos version, I currently have -48%, so bear that in mind. CLearing the adds was obligatory here (not so for fire/light), I died two times before I realized it. At the third try I took him down easily from 90% or so hp, facetanking with the atziri flask.

Olmec's is a bit less complicated, just remember to clear out the adds first.

Deaths: 1 and 2. Didn't clear chaos adds first

To sum this up: I would do both maps in hardcore leagues without worries

Update 2:

Jungle Valley is impossible without a decent chaos resistance, I was quickly demolished everytime
Last edited by H4NS on Aug 8, 2014, 11:20:24 PM
Hi,

A little update.. so I finally got to try atziri using this build. Double vaal and the trio bosses were a joke - never went below 2/3 of my life. For double vaal, just make sure you damage them both to 10% hp then cull them with leap slam. For the trio boss, I killed the titty bitch first, switched amulets to the anvil then killed the cycloner, then the dual striker. I was surprised at how easy these bosses were as I had the most trouble with them in ambush using my ele buzzsaw.

Zero deaths so far! switched back to lazhwar and ruby/topaz flasks, then proceeded to kill atziri. This was where I ran into trouble.. I used PoL and PoF for her, gave up hatred so I would have a bigger mana buffer since I'm mana based. That left me with 18.2k dps with 3 frenzy charges up - which was more than enough for atziri herself. I was able to bring her down to 3/4 HP, but I couldn't kill her adds fast enough during the heal phase, she always goes back to near full HP. The spear clone was easy enough kill as long as you dodge her lightning storms. This cycle went on for about 10mins, got her down to less than 3/4HP before I finally died to one of her double flameblasts(230ms FTW!). After trying and failing multiple times, I was down to two portals, I gave up and asked for help just so I wouldn't waste my atziri fragments.

After the fight I watched your atziri kill and I couldn't figure out how you could kill her adds during the heal phase but I couldn't. I was basically doing the same thing which was leap slam to atziri, then let melee splash do it's magic. Need advise on how I can do this better, thanks.

Screenshot of my stats:

Tree:

Gear:
Spoiler
This build could be better if it was more balanced i mean a bit less surv and a bit more dps nods just a little bit .But thats only my opinion :D
IGN: BerserkCry LVL 91 / MoodyGod LVL 81
"
Need advise on how I can do this better, thanks.

This phase is a bitch to most melee builds

I've been using spell totem with enfeeble but the difference is abysmal, she still oneshots me on double flameblast critical if it goes through block. Otherwise i am pretty invincible so i see no reason to use enfeeble anymore. I say go for shockwave totem. Shove them walking corpses.

Also grab that Gallantry, its a really good wheel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info