[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

What have you observed about the Hope drop rate? I'm currently farming City of Sarn for Midnights and plan on either doing Atziri with this build or selling the sets. The goal is to buy a Soul Taker in the end. I made a thread here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/986688
I'm considering following this guide as it fits my needs to the game perfectly. Wanted to thank you first for taking the time to write all this.

I'm using this build in the upcoming HC league and I had a few questions, alterations, to see what you think.

Would removing hatred and instead using purity of elements, purity of fire, purity of lightning and then taking out blood magic on helm and replacing with added fire dmg prove to be an overall DPS boost? According to Poebuilder it would, although it is a little buggy.

If using the above overall auras, with a good base resist rate would Mings Heart be a decent addition. With mings heart, I am not sure if blood rage would still be necessary but it would certainly be easier to maintain as your health regen would outdo its degen.

What are your thoughts on tossing out immortal call completely from this build and instead using enfeeble. Not really sure I will even attempt atziri, and I feel enfeeble, or perhaps even temp chains would be a better choice.

And another thing, with your lvl 92 build you have cast when damage taken linked only to enduring cry but you are running 3 auras 60/40/40 with no mana reserve nodes. With 99.4% mana being reserved how do you fire the proc off without it being linked to blood magic?
Last edited by Gnomestapo on Aug 4, 2014, 3:31:49 PM
"
ogrec wrote:
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
Hey if it will be more expensive in new league Im thinking about it...
Do you can run the apex faster now? Because 40min per run is quite hard :D

Build will definitely be more expensive in new leagues, you usually need around 2ex for WoE
at the start of the league, around 5-6ex for BoR and 2-3 for rainbowstrides.
It takes less then 15mins per run for me and it takes ~20min on my lvl 84 under-geared mara.

Are you skipping the mobs between the bosses? I want to be able to farm gem XP while I farm for Hopes.
Gear

I wanted gloves with chaos res, but there were none on poe.xyz. I can just wait until 1.2 for that though.
Last edited by landrew831 on Aug 4, 2014, 8:32:40 PM
"
Gnomestapo wrote:
I'm considering following this guide as it fits my needs to the game perfectly. Wanted to thank you first for taking the time to write all this.

I'm using this build in the upcoming HC league and I had a few questions, alterations, to see what you think.

Would removing hatred and instead using purity of elements, purity of fire, purity of lightning and then taking out blood magic on helm and replacing with added fire dmg prove to be an overall DPS boost? According to Poebuilder it would, although it is a little buggy.

If using the above overall auras, with a good base resist rate would Mings Heart be a decent addition. With mings heart, I am not sure if blood rage would still be necessary but it would certainly be easier to maintain as your health regen would outdo its degen.

What are your thoughts on tossing out immortal call completely from this build and instead using enfeeble. Not really sure I will even attempt atziri, and I feel enfeeble, or perhaps even temp chains would be a better choice.

And another thing, with your lvl 92 build you have cast when damage taken linked only to enduring cry but you are running 3 auras 60/40/40 with no mana reserve nodes. With 99.4% mana being reserved how do you fire the proc off without it being linked to blood magic?

I'm running this build on mana, using added fire instead of blood magic in my BoR as my 4th link. My dps atm is 22.7k with 3 frenzy charges up. If you're not planning on farming atziri, then you don't have to run PoL and PoF. I would instead just run hatred and maybe grace for added defense if you won't be using IC. PoE is not needed as you can easily cap your res as you level and get access to better gear. GL
"
Gnomestapo wrote:

Yes, it should. You can drop some resistances on gear but will need to get mana leech on gear and some +mana instead.

"
Gnomestapo wrote:

I dont use blood rage in apex, but i feel its mandatory for maps (unless you can get enough leech on gear to get to leech rate cap), its a life saver vs heavy hitters. I can see Mings heart working with the build, but i dont like it missing +life. Mings and added fire are a nice dps boost compared to current build, its an interesting suggestion and if you try it out and see its working nicely post here, i'll add the idea to the build.

"
Gnomestapo wrote:

Drop culling strike instead. Due to low armour, i wouldnt play high lvl maps on softcore leagues without IC, i cant recommend dropping it on HC.

"
Gnomestapo wrote:

Here's slightly edited link setup from the 1st post:
Spoiler
Skill Setup
BoR (4L) - not much to say here, i'll explain why i'm not using Cyclone later
Dual Strike + Melee splash + Multistrike + Blood magic

WoE (4L + 2L) - 4 Socket WoE is a minimum you need (if you plan on using selfcast EC), 6S is perfect, because two skills are in it, Leap slam and Enduring Cry so you need a minimum of 4L setup in it, or 4L+2L if you have 6S woe.
4L - Leap slam + Faster attacks + Blood magic + Culling strike
2L - Cast when damage taken (lvl4) + Enduring cry or Blood magic + Enduring cry

Gloves and Boots
4L - Immortal Call + Increased duration + Blood rage + Blood Magic/CoDT
4L - Reduced mana + Purity of Fire + Purity of Lightning + Grace/Hatred/Purity of ice
Build can switch auras, Grace for more defense and Hatred for more damage.

If you want to use selfcast enfeeble, i recommend dropping culling strike from leap slam 4L. if you want it on cast on dmg taken, you can use 2x3L woe and link to ec+codt

Also, dont follow lvling tree and skills, they're outdated. I lvl with 2H weapons and molten strike till lvl ~60 when i can equip woe
Last edited by ogrec on Aug 5, 2014, 7:24:20 AM
"
If you're not planning on farming atziri, then

Then there is pretty much no reason to run this build.

This build is the best budget Atziri farming build around, why the hell would you invest your time and money in it if not for motorboating the queen of four red tits?

This one's survivablity and damage output has a strict limit, best upgrade you can get is legacy BoR on standard and Ming's Heart on temporary leagues. Apart form this it is all about getting more life from gear. After character' level 90 it is all about getting even more life from nodes.

Believe me with 85% maximum fire and lightning resistance, 72% spell block and five thousands of life the only thing that may kill you apart from double flameblast crit is boredom. You get into the dungeon, you push your right mouse button, you roll over the dungeon, you release your right mouse button, you loot your amethyst flask and start all over again. And again. And again...

Investing hundreds of exalted orbs into this build won't make it do hundreds of thousands of damage nor will make it immortal. But you can spend like a pair of exalted orbs and a pair of days of your life to make a character that spanks an endgame boss.

My Build

Skill Tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAecDhwUtEiAS4RQgFm8YTRiRGNsZhRo4GmwbrR0UHcohYCP2JJskqicvKNsppTSTNug26UCgQ5xE50d-Sn1OKlBHVElVxlb6Vw1Z81n-Wkhbr16LXz9gS2EhY3BlTWaeZ4BnoGoeajtwcnKpdO108XhJeu982X11gIqDfITZhO-Haod2j0aQCpBVkGyRzpkrnrmezaSspzCnhKgHqBiplKvFrKqs6rZBu-28n72BvqfAGsGLz2XP-NDQ0iHTftP83Q3f7-Nq45_uDu8O707veu_j7_DyL_Pd9zL3Tfe--tL8xf66

My links are pretty much the same except i have dropped culling strike and made Wings 3+3. Blood Rage is absent too since life leech comes from gloves and a ring.

3L Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + BM
3L Increased Duration + Immortal Call + BM (possible to change BM to CWDT)
4L PoL + PoF + Hatred + Reduced Mana
4L Dual strike + Multistrike + Melee Splash + BM
4L CWDT + Increased AoE + Enduring Cry + Enfeeble (change to Spell Echo + Enduring Cry + BM + Enfeeble for triboss)

Last edited by Teplokot on Aug 5, 2014, 7:44:29 AM
"
Teplokot wrote:
Believe me with 85% maximum fire and lightning resistance, 72% spell block and five thousands of life the only thing that may kill you apart from double flameblast crit is boredom.

QFT
Its a good build for amassing currency early on in the league so you can switch to a build you like playing more later on.

Boredom can only be outperformed by this build http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960829
Last edited by ogrec on Aug 5, 2014, 8:12:19 AM
"
Teplokot wrote:
"
If you're not planning on farming atziri, then

Then there is pretty much no reason to run this build.

[/spoiler]

The main advantages of this build and my reason for choosing it is the easy transition into Blender 2.0 in the original post. I understand the cap for dmg etc wont be that great but its still going to provide enough to farm gear.
Ogrec, and everyone playing this build, have you tried killing aztiri w/ the onslaught mod?
Ogrec and everyone posting, I applaud you guys for all insights. I dont want to hijack your post Ogrec, but I am a complete noob to the Duelist class. I am following Ogrecs build and nodes. However, I just want to make sure I am on the right track.

Spoiler
Items

Thank you,

Andy
Last edited by RGVsUrTexas on Aug 6, 2014, 2:32:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info