[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

Hi, thanks agian Ogrec for the build! Currently doing this in the 1moSC. Started scion so I can get up to 74% block. It's been great so far, never thought you could build a very tanky character for so little. :) currently level 84 with 4k HP max res running hatred and PoF. DPS is around 24-25k. it's bit higher because I am mana based. I will be trying atziri when i reach 4.5k HP which is at least a few levels away. here's my gear and passive tree.

Hi Ogrec,

Thanks for the guide. Makes me want to try this build.

What are your thoughts on taking this character and transforming it into an endgame terror? Stuff like farming uber Atziri and clearing maps quickly.
im at lvl60 now, have all items i need, just need sockets and colours

edit: can play without any purity :D
Last edited by MrZimz on Jul 26, 2014, 4:03:12 PM
"
Hi Ogrec,

Thanks for the guide. Makes me want to try this build.

What are your thoughts on taking this character and transforming it into an endgame terror? Stuff like farming uber Atziri and clearing maps quickly.

It's an endgame build, you can play all maps and not skip any bosses, exiles, invaders and so on. Unless uber Atziri is nerfed, i dont expect this build to ever be able to kill her. Maybe at lvl 100 with empowered purities, more life and switch to mana instead of bm, but cba to lvl that high just to give it another shot...
Was planning to run this build on the upcoming expansion but I saw that there has been a massive change in the tree, not sure how much it will affect this build (hopefully not in a bad way). Anyway, hope you keep this build updated. I would love to run it when the expansion comes out.
Last edited by SenpaiTypeBeat on Jul 31, 2014, 11:27:37 AM
I'll update the build once new tree is released. Chris stated already changes have mostly been done to witch and shadow start and areas close to witch shadow and upper part of ranger. I dont expect big changes to bottom part of the tree since it was reworked for SotV and its OK in the current state.

Since they also said they're increasing flat life/lvl, i'm expecting life to remain the same or go slightly up even if they reduce number and/or value of life points on the tree.

I'm expecing the build to remain as viable in new league as it was in past leagues.

I'm also looking forward to discovering what off-item stats can be crafted. If block/spellblock can be crafted onto items by masters, i might try and make a version of the build without bringer of rain.
Last edited by ogrec on Aug 2, 2014, 5:35:01 AM
Hi, really love the build and smacking bosses in the face.
However I'm having problems with the Trio when going to Atziri.
The double Vaal are a joke and no problems there.
The trio just eat my HP so fast, the best I did was have the last guy alive with no portals left.
I keep dying every time.
I use 4 Endurence charges and Immortal Call with Increased duration but it doesn't seem to work for me.
I keep running around but if I step into the degen for just 1 second then my HP is down for like 75%.
Got any tips? Really want to kill Atziri for the first time lol...

Got 17k damage on my mail skill and 74% block and 73% spell block and 6% LL total.
Oh and 3.4k life. :/
Here's my tree and gear:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecDhwUtDjwUIBhNGJEY2xutHt8j9iXfKNsppTGeMgk0kzWSNdY26DpSQKBDnEUKR35KfUrITeNOKk9WUEdW-lcNWK9aSFuvYEthIWNwZU1ngGegbEZuaW6qcHJybHKpcrt07XgNeEl673zZg3yE2YTvh2qHdojxkAqQbJHOmSuezZ_LoW2mV6cwqAepbqmUq8Ws6rM_tfK2QbnNu-29gb6nvrzBi9Ih037T_N0N3-_uDu9O73rv4-_w9Mb3Mve-_MX-jw==

Spoiler
Exile 4 life.

"No need to describe fishing in detail, just hint at it."
~Chris 2014
You dont have enough life and you also shouldn't be using unwavering stance if you're using bringer, one of the reasons bringer of rain is good is because its basically a 7L item and 7th gem is blind, which reduces enemy accuracy by 75%.

I think you should do a big respec, going to scion life wheel is pretty inefficient.

Also, if you have problems with triboss, kill them in this order: tentacle miscreation boss, cyclone boss, dual strike flame boss. After you kill tenltacle miscreation, take off stone of lazhar and equip amulet called The Anvil (its linked in gear in the first post). It will make rest of the fight a lot easier because it gives around 40life per block, and with 78% block chance, you will block a lot. Its important you keep Lazhar untill you kill tentacle miscreation beucas that boss casts a spell called chaos rain and you need lazhwar to block it. Only swtich to Anvil after that boss is dead.
Do you think it would be possible to run the build as is without bor and 6l the woe.or getting a 6l armor? Think it could up the clear speed tremendously as well as provide more stats. Maybe it's just me but I'm having big issues with physical damage mobs (since theirs very little armor) with items like rainbows and no shield. So far I'm not to stoked after getting to 72 :( but I haven't played a spec that can do atziri and had all the items needed.for the build so I figured I woild.try it.
Maybe, i didnt give it a try. With a corrupted stone of lazhwar you can keep 57% block/spellblock without the Bringer, and with Rumi's Concoction (unique granite flask that gives you extra block/spellblock on use) you can reach cap for the duration of the flask. If you feel like it, give it a shot.
Note that you'll have to take Unwavering stance if you're dropping BoR which will make fighting Atziri significantly harder.

About the lack of armour in the build, its not a problem. You get endurance charges from EC on codt and from BoR. For maps you can put IC on high lvl codt (i use 14) and, with increased duration, it will last a long time. I've played every map in the game (spent a lot of time on 77-78 maps and played a decent amount of 79maps too) and theres not a single one thats a problem unless you get very difficult mods on it. bor+ec+ic work so well that i never worry about phys dmg, only elemental dmg can be problematic.
Last edited by ogrec on Aug 3, 2014, 5:21:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info