ReverendBizzarre: ele cleave templar [6k life, 45k+ dps]

"
iAvid wrote:
"
iAvid wrote:
Update!!

This is my gear atm. Having a lot of fun with this build though I feel stuck.
What should I focus on upgrading next? I think the weapons but I'm not 100% sure so I'm looking for some advice :P

My passive tree atm

Anyone?

Looks good to me, only the weapons are very slow at 1.20 and 1.10 attacks per second. Since the physical damage doesn't matter much, I think you're better off crafting from the faster/lower damage weapons you can see on the item data pages.

Sine you have "only" two elemental mods per weapon and not very high, chances are a fast magi weapon with a good single elemental mod would be an upgrade, over the Battlesword with 9 lightning damage certainly. Estoc, Serrated Foil, Cutlass, Graceful Sword, etc.

"
VictorDoom wrote:
sorry mates ill try to respond as soon as i got sober, and post a video, ill record it with FRAPS for good quality.. But you do have to understand in case its delayed i am not so young as most of you are so i do have things to sort out priorities..

It would be interesting to see how you handle endgame content.

I think two Seething life flasks is a great idea. That's 392 instant health recovery at 20% Quality.

I wonder how you make use of the Panicked Flask though? I find that the "low life" threshold is not very clear (seems to be around 30% but there is not visual feedback) and you don't really want to take advantage of it in Hardcore.

It sounds like you'd want to have it there as a 3rd emergency option but if you spam the first two pots chances are often times the 3rd one wouldn't do instant heal and do 100/sec instead (at 20% quality). In that case I wonder if a 20% Catalysed Flask with 217/s wouldn't be better?

Or maybe even a Bubbling Flask? The 20% Bubbling is only 81/sec in my tests (the HOT uses only half the health recovery), but the 288 instant recovery will always be effective.

--

Also it would be interesting to see how you time Enduring Cry and Granite and such. Do you think Faster Casting on E.C. is not necessary?

--

Build is fun, the main issue I'm having so far is the resists. As a Ranger/Marauder hybrid I used to cap resists easily with shield and Diamond Skin nodes.

Now I'm in Act II Merciless at level 61. Damage is still good (roughly 2400 DPS) but I have to drop some DPS from Anger to put on Purity aura. I will get another 10% to all from Celestial Wlaker, and maybe another Body and Soul but these come in much later. How did you deal with that? Just find good resists gear or did you use Purity for a while?

Is it correct to say that Purity is not normally useful for this build (assuming yo ucapped resists) seeing as you have Elemental Adaptation?
"
DeF46 wrote:

Is it correct to say that Purity is not normally useful for this build (assuming yo ucapped resists) seeing as you have Elemental Adaptation?

Elemental Adaptation and the + max res from Purity stacks. IMO Purity is very useful, even with capped resists.
"
"
DeF46 wrote:

Elemental Adaptation and the + max res from Purity stacks. IMO Purity is very useful, even with capped resists.

Especially since you will be dual wielding and lack availability to the +24 resist kite.
This build has almost no resists, no life on hit or lifeleach, how do you survive? you need crazy resist on gear + elemental damage + mana/mana regen to be able to run all your auras.
very good regen and pot, i'll use life leech in maps.
"
DeF46 wrote:

I wonder how you make use of the Panicked Flask though? I find that the "low life" threshold is not very clear (seems to be around 30% but there is not visual feedback) and you don't really want to take advantage of it in Hardcore.

It sounds like you'd want to have it there as a 3rd emergency option but if you spam the first two pots chances are often times the 3rd one wouldn't do instant heal and do 100/sec instead (at 20% quality). In that case I wonder if a 20% Catalysed Flask with 217/s wouldn't be better?

Or maybe even a Bubbling Flask? The 20% Bubbling is only 81/sec in my tests (the HOT uses only half the health recovery), but the 288 instant recovery will always be effective.

--

Low life means 35% or less. Personally, I have started running at least 1 Cautious flask and you start to get a feel for when you are at the level where you get the extra heal. A lot of times you don't even need to insta-heal because by the time you hit the pot, you already did what is necessary to stop the damage. I will hit a Cautious then insta-pot if still necessary.

Resists still worry me too. My original plan was to use a shield because I know how important it is to have chaos resist in maps. It is too hard to get good resist gear with chaos too unless you are rich. Luckily my build is still at a point where I don't need to use cleave and dual wield if it doesn't work out.

In a week and a half we are getting some new AOE melee skill for one handers.

For anybody running maps, what is your defense?
Last edited by Chypre on Mar 2, 2013, 1:49:52 PM
*LIVE ON*

If you want to check it out : twitch.tv/sirazka
I have been playing this to act 1 merciless now (lvl 52).

My gear is pretty decent I would say, I forgot to look in merciless, but at the end of cruel I had 80% all resists, 2k life and ~5.5k dps on cleave.

The game was a piece of cake until mid act 3 cruel. It started with he chaos dmg snakes in act 3, I died once, but I could handle that by not going in so reckless anymore (with this build you are used to just jump in and obliterate everything). But then on lvl 3 Lunaris temple I died like 5 times, it was incredibly frustrating. There were a LOT of rares with increased phys damage and vulnerability on hit that I could just not handle (and lets not forgett those tentacle bastards). My armor is god awful right now (only aroud 400ish), because I prioritize my 5L chest over a higher armor chest without the 5L.

I am not sure if I want to continue playing this char at this point, seen how I go destroyed in cruel already, so I dont wanna know how merciless is gonna be.

The funny part is that bosses are absolutely no problem with this build (vaal, piety, cole etc) but huge packs of trash mobs just kill me.

Anyone else got these problems?

ign: PhrozenFlame

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info