ReverendBizzarre: ele cleave templar [6k life, 45k+ dps]

My question is how do you support 5 auras at once? I currently have 2 active (wrath and anger) and have about 105 mana to work with. I have 2 reduced mana gems, but that's no where near what I need to support the added vitality, grace, and purity auras. Any ideas?
"
Chypre wrote:
In a week and a half we are getting some new AOE melee skill for one handers.

Yes, I'd made sure to go in the duelist area because:

"It's likely that only characters who are affected by the moved skills will have their passive trees reset." (0.10.2 announcement)

As a Ranger this update might provide some variation on the build, maybe going through duelist > marauder > templar.

"
This build has almost no resists, no life on hit or lifeleach, how do you survive? you need crazy resist on gear + elemental damage + mana/mana regen to be able to run all your auras.

It's a bit low on life at 237% (3800-4K HP at level 85 by my estimates with some life on items, vs. 4600+ with 316%), but he does have 4.4% regen (170/sec ish).

What do you mean by resists? Compared to VictorDoom's original build he removed one 10% all from Body and Soul, but added +15% all from Diamond Skin. For one more point he can get a 2nd Diamond Skin near Ranger. I guess that balances the ones that were at center, if he takes the 2nd Diamond Skin it's pretty much the same resistance wise as Victor's. +3 Max Endurance Charges is nice too. Looks good to me except for the max life.

I'd remmend Azka to make sure to get that Leather and Steel if he hasn't already in order to hopefully get a full respec next week. The duelist area update might make his build easier and leave some skill pts for life.
"
Azka wrote:

Hey I watched your footage a bit could you clear up for me a little Enduring Cry? If there is a single enemy you can't get more than one charge right? Or can you add to it if it hasn't run out yet?
Having the "click to level up gem" sign at the side of my screen will be a little annoying but ill have to get used to it! Ive been looking for a elemental "aoe" melee class for a while trying my best to avoid LS because its a bit boring to me and heres the perfcet alternative. Thanks alot , ill be following through this entire build. cheers.
"
Kermodei wrote:
Having the "click to level up gem" sign at the side of my screen will be a little annoying but ill have to get used to it! Ive been looking for a elemental "aoe" melee class for a while trying my best to avoid LS because its a bit boring to me and heres the perfcet alternative. Thanks alot , ill be following through this entire build. cheers.

Right click the plus sign to dismiss it, it's still available on the inventory page at the bottom.
"
DeF46 wrote:

Hey I watched your footage a bit could you clear up for me a little Enduring Cry? If there is a single enemy you can't get more than one charge right? Or can you add to it if it hasn't run out yet?

Using enduring cry reset the 10 sec counter of your current charge pool
"
DeF46 wrote:
"
Chypre wrote:
In a week and a half we are getting some new AOE melee skill for one handers.

Yes, I'd made sure to go in the duelist area because:

"It's likely that only characters who are affected by the moved skills will have their passive trees reset." (0.10.2 announcement)

As a Ranger this update might provide some variation on the build, maybe going through duelist > marauder > templar.

"
This build has almost no resists, no life on hit or lifeleach, how do you survive? you need crazy resist on gear + elemental damage + mana/mana regen to be able to run all your auras.

It's a bit low on life at 237% (3800-4K HP at level 85 by my estimates with some life on items, vs. 4600+ with 316%), but he does have 4.4% regen (170/sec ish).

What do you mean by resists? Compared to VictorDoom's original build he removed one 10% all from Body and Soul, but added +15% all from Diamond Skin. For one more point he can get a 2nd Diamond Skin near Ranger. I guess that balances the ones that were at center, if he takes the 2nd Diamond Skin it's pretty much the same resistance wise as Victor's. +3 Max Endurance Charges is nice too. Looks good to me except for the max life.

I'd remmend Azka to make sure to get that Leather and Steel if he hasn't already in order to hopefully get a full respec next week. The duelist area update might make his build easier and leave some skill pts for life.

That's still like 20 seconds to regen to full health, if you take a 2k hit you have to run in circles for 10 seconds to not get hit. I guess I'm looking for something a little more safe. Because I play on hardcore, doing insane damage but dying everyone now and then because of low resist and low health pool isn't a luxury I can have.
"
cocomoloco wrote:
I have been playing this to act 1 merciless now (lvl 52).

My gear is pretty decent I would say, I forgot to look in merciless, but at the end of cruel I had 80% all resists, 2k life and ~5.5k dps on cleave.

The game was a piece of cake until mid act 3 cruel. It started with he chaos dmg snakes in act 3, I died once, but I could handle that by not going in so reckless anymore (with this build you are used to just jump in and obliterate everything). But then on lvl 3 Lunaris temple I died like 5 times, it was incredibly frustrating. There were a LOT of rares with increased phys damage and vulnerability on hit that I could just not handle (and lets not forgett those tentacle bastards). My armor is god awful right now (only aroud 400ish), because I prioritize my 5L chest over a higher armor chest without the 5L.

I am not sure if I want to continue playing this char at this point, seen how I go destroyed in cruel already, so I dont wanna know how merciless is gonna be.

The funny part is that bosses are absolutely no problem with this build (vaal, piety, cole etc) but huge packs of trash mobs just kill me.

Anyone else got these problems?

How do you have 5K+ DPS on cleave? My listed DPS is 449, but I guess it is partly because I am using random swords and don't have the corsairs yet, plus it is only linked to WED.

Just for some reference for anyone considering my crazy triple curse witch dominating blow variation, I just beat cruel Piety at 55 with these stats:

1442 life after beating her and adding 2x 8% nodes, maybe like 1300 before

355 mana free of 1255 running determination, grace, discipline & clarity

resist 56/24/75 +13 chaos

650 armor, 1950 evasion

Temporal Chains slows 37%, Enfeeble reduces accuracy by 50% and all damage by 31%. The all damage part is equivalent of 6 endurance charges DR against both all physical and elemental as long as it is from a cursed monster, but doesn't give me more resists.

I cleared Barracks and Lunaris with some random ranger I met in Docks with no deaths at all until Piety herself. Typically I was running Hatred and Critical Weakness as the 3rd curse then, but I think I will go back to using Haste or Purity as the big 40% aura for a while.I have joke gear until lvl 58-66, but going from random 4L Str/Dex armor to decent Str/ES will up my mana and life a lot, plus I am about to hit the heart of the Templar tree.

current build

This is an alternate 100 point build I may use dropping the AOE path but using high fire damage weapons, ignite chance and elemental proliferation to spread burn, versus using Fire Trap as I do now for huge packs.

I had some close calls Rambo-ing Lunaris to spread curses, but I had no deaths wading into packs and even getting trapped by 10+ mobs because they are all gimped by being cursed. I think that I am going to have a real problem once it gets down to it deciding how to fit all possible skill gems into gear though.

"
cocomoloco wrote:
I have been playing this to act 1 merciless now (lvl 52).

(...)
The game was a piece of cake until mid act 3 cruel. It started with he chaos dmg snakes in act 3, I died once, but I could handle that by not going in so reckless anymore (with this build you are used to just jump in and obliterate everything). (...)

I am not sure if I want to continue playing this char at this point, seen how I go destroyed in cruel already, so I dont wanna know how merciless is gonna be.

The funny part is that bosses are absolutely no problem with this build (vaal, piety, cole etc) but huge packs of trash mobs just kill me.

Few points

* The game is not very well balanced atm. It is known that Cruel is quite hard and comparatively (with decent gear for the level) harder than Merciless. Even Kripp who is quite good at the game said so. Act III Cruel is particularly rough with poison bombs, and lightning thorns, and the ever so annoying outcasts. That said for the most part you shouldn't have any serious issues in Cruel. What was your HP at? My absolute min. is 2K HP by late Cruel. On this build I had ~2300 hp at level 49 and nearer 2700 by the end of Cruel. Fyi Merciless Brutus's smash can hit for 1700.

* Chaos snakes: you don't want to cleave in place for more than a couple seconds. This is a skill that you can pratice in races where you don't have the time to gear up. Circle around enemies, throw a Bear Trap or Fire Trap, Cleave a couple times, move. Or even just move back and forth. It's almost like a shoot em up at some point you'll notice enemies take time to "reload" and fire, and so you can avoid their projectiles. Running circles is better than back and forth if you use Fire Trap obviously as it keeps mobs in the fire area.

* I think I started using Granites by late Cruel. So if you meet those dangerous mobs put up a Granite then rush in and cleave away with life leech. Your Granite will recharge pretty soon, and you can reuse it. If you add Enduring Cry on top, and your resists are good you can actually have fun facetanking big packs, with exception of blue mobs which hit very hard for some reason.

I'm 62 now in Act II Merciless and my Chaos is still at -60%. There was one instance where it was bad is Chambers of Sin, in that case I was facetanking spiders to get to a necro, and got four charges. The dot was very strong.

EDIT: rereading you, you have a 5L that's nice. I'm using 4L so I have like 2500 DPS. But did you prioritize DPS over safety? Life Leech is the key here by late cruel or early Merciless you'll need it. I was in Merciless Ledge and got hit so hard by blue mobs, when I put on Life Leech, I lost a bit of DPS at first but then it's much safer to facetank and cleave through big packs of skellies and whatnot. Ideally you could also have Life Leech on Dual Strike to facetank single mobs.
Last edited by DeF46 on Mar 3, 2013, 7:27:43 AM
First of all, thanks a lot for your answer!

"
DeF46 wrote:
Few points

* The game is not very well balanced atm. It is known that Cruel is quite hard and comparatively (with decent gear for the level) harder than Merciless. Even Kripp who is quite good at the game said so. Act III Cruel is particularly rough with poison bombs, and lightning thorns, and the ever so annoying outcasts. That said for the most part you shouldn't have any serious issues in Cruel. What was your HP at? My absolute min. is 2K HP by late Cruel. On this build I had ~2300 hp at level 49 and nearer 2700 by the end of Cruel. Fyi Merciless Brutus's smash can hit for 1700.

Like I said, I had exactly 2000HP at Piety and still right now (I am at merciless ledge now).

"
DeF46 wrote:

EDIT: rereading you, you have a 5L that's nice. I'm using 4L so I have like 2500 DPS. But did you prioritize DPS over safety? Life Leech is the key here by late cruel or early Merciless you'll need it. I was in Merciless Ledge and got hit so hard by blue mobs, when I put on Life Leech, I lost a bit of DPS at first but then it's much safer to facetank and cleave through big packs of skellies and whatnot. Ideally you could also have Life Leech on Dual Strike to facetank single mobs.

yea I absolutely AM prioritizing DPS over defence, as seen in my socekts. I have a 5L yes, thats why my DPS is so high, but the chest where the 5L is on is pretty bad (no life) and I dont really wanna mess with the colors of the Sockets (I got 2G on a Armor/ES Hybrid which should be pretty hard to get again.
Here are my items:

I really think the main problem with my setup is the fact that I cant run Life Leech with Cleave, the colors on my sockets colors just wont allow it. Concentrated Effect is an insane DPS jump, but I'd still prefer Life Leech.

Also I know I should replace my Headgear, but I dont know, I feel like 40$ all resists is so good for Merciless, but I am still looking for a Helm with 80+ life on it.

ign: PhrozenFlame

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info