ReverendBizzarre: ele cleave templar [6k life, 45k+ dps]

"
Chypre wrote:

No, that won't work for me at this point. I am already down at the Duelist area, but came through the center of the tree. See my post at the top here: link

From the tree of my current build, so far I have just kept going left past Static Blows to get HP and will probably grab SB now.

I am thinking more about taking the 3x 10% Weapon Ele Dmg and Iron Reflexes down at Duelist, but just not sure yet. I want to have the dual wield Cleave as a major feature of my build but not focused on just spamming that.

I realize why you typically don't want to use Hatred, but I want to consider the option of taking the 5% chance to freeze node in Shadow, 10% each from quality Added Cold Dmg and Frostbite as options. Most of my converted minions will be dealing raw physical damage more. Also, my most frequent partner for maps is EK and this would allow him to drop his Hatred for something else.

I also realize that RT is a good idea for certain reasons, but I find getting crits fun, it may be smart as boosting the minions I convert to run Increased Critical Strikes support, as well as the chance to freeze and proliferate. I think I will head down past Inner Force into Celestial Walker, get the AOE and finish getting through Merciless so I can see how it is with proper gems/sockets and the better weapons.

I don't really have points for IR and stacking Endurance Charges. I am thinking more about Twin Terrors, Blade Barrier, Sword Master and the Diamond Skin node if I head more into Duelist later. Having Enfeeble up (30%+ reduced enemy damage) is like having a stack of 6 endurance charges, except it kills all monster damage including spells, not just physical.

Endgame quality Temporal Chains is reducing monster movement and attack/cast speed by about 40%. I only have a 13% quality now which rounds up to 5% on top of what is listed. I have 3 permanent curses and eventually +AOE nodes, so that is my main defenses.

You can try to do it, but you will not have enough survivability, monsters hit at an incredible damage in 75+ maps, you NEED endurace charges and at least 6k armor to deal with that stuff, and you also need a lot of life as well as maximum resistances + a decent ammount of life regeneration.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Mar 1, 2013, 3:26:38 PM
"
6 link would be better for this build, grats on it though.

But if you manage to get a 5l-6l 2 hand sword with high attack speed and big triple elemental damage you can probably pull off some big dps with this setup as well.

That was quick! I have always had a thing for 2handers...would I be able to go from dual wielding to a 2hander with the same exact tree though? I would imagine it might be harder to find a 2h like that compared to the 1handers.
IGN : Diamondbreaker - Gwynteir - Notevenclosebaybe
"
Moebeus wrote:
"
6 link would be better for this build, grats on it though.

But if you manage to get a 5l-6l 2 hand sword with high attack speed and big triple elemental damage you can probably pull off some big dps with this setup as well.

That was quick! I have always had a thing for 2handers...would I be able to go from dual wielding to a 2hander with the same exact tree though? I would imagine it might be harder to find a 2h like that compared to the 1handers.

yep it will probably be a bit though to find a 2hander such as that, but hey you found a kaoms so luck is on your side :D

Yup, the exact same tree works you dont need to change anything.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Last edited by VictorDoom on Mar 1, 2013, 3:36:36 PM
hi! couple of questions:
1. right now at level 27, i do quite well with 60 mana (after auras) and 17 cost sweep. do you think i can give up mana leach gem for more damage (added lightning etc...) when i get to late game? 1 mana potion does the job for boss fights, and i have enough mana as is for trash...
2. are you sure a 4 link dual strike wont do more damage? i realy like this build but i like using 2 active skills, 1 for single 1 for multi.. what im thinking is:

5link: cleave-WEP-faster attacks-added lightning- life leech ------- for multi target
4link: dual strike-WEP-faster attacks-added lightning ------- for single target

think it would be decent?

3. at what level did you start using cleave?
this is my build at level 70:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_fPAXvfIM4FE0Es6IA8B8yiQJxd-VX4uw4OtgaOE3Yp4SMdpBVwBpmnlnz-tKsqh0UNulyqSftj0YkquNqfNnE9vPd0NCnCBmFPC2boc9lxq5nvVXGtz7-Cu5vFm96uPJFrpNs9udjbqqmV4LkPyc64ZARiq8qTYjxc-EVIPeILOlfqt0NxLj8xdX4VvpnoN1GdEGHdmOn_E4UdUp9Dq0ppbiTDH0Qf8ae4XPtIEbX

thanks!
"
yoavzim wrote:
hi! couple of questions:
1. right now at level 27, i do quite well with 60 mana (after auras) and 17 cost sweep. do you think i can give up mana leach gem for more damage (added lightning etc...) when i get to late game? 1 mana potion does the job for boss fights, and i have enough mana as is for trash...
2. are you sure a 4 link dual strike wont do more damage? i realy like this build but i like using 2 active skills, 1 for single 1 for multi.. what im thinking is:

5link: cleave-WEP-faster attacks-added lightning- life leech ------- for multi target
4link: dual strike-WEP-faster attacks-added lightning ------- for single target

think it would be decent?

3. at what level did you start using cleave?
this is my build at level 70:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_fPAXvfIM4FE0Es6IA8B8yiQJxd-VX4uw4OtgaOE3Yp4SMdpBVwBpmnlnz-tKsqh0UNulyqSftj0YkquNqfNnE9vPd0NCnCBmFPC2boc9lxq5nvVXGtz7-Cu5vFm96uPJFrpNs9udjbqqmV4LkPyc64ZARiq8qTYjxc-EVIPeILOlfqt0NxLj8xdX4VvpnoN1GdEGHdmOn_E4UdUp9Dq0ppbiTDH0Qf8ae4XPtIEbX

thanks!

1.You dont need mana leech that early on,

2.No, nothing can do more dps than elemental cleave with concentrated effect.

3.When i had enough dexterity to wield axes/swords, at around 30 i think.
Last edited by VictorDoom on Mar 1, 2013, 3:51:11 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Chypre wrote:

No, that won't work for me at this point. I am already down at the Duelist area, but came through the center of the tree. See my post at the top here: link

From the tree of my current build, so far I have just kept going left past Static Blows to get HP and will probably grab SB now.

I am thinking more about taking the 3x 10% Weapon Ele Dmg and Iron Reflexes down at Duelist, but just not sure yet. I want to have the dual wield Cleave as a major feature of my build but not focused on just spamming that.

I realize why you typically don't want to use Hatred, but I want to consider the option of taking the 5% chance to freeze node in Shadow, 10% each from quality Added Cold Dmg and Frostbite as options. Most of my converted minions will be dealing raw physical damage more. Also, my most frequent partner for maps is EK and this would allow him to drop his Hatred for something else.

I also realize that RT is a good idea for certain reasons, but I find getting crits fun, it may be smart as boosting the minions I convert to run Increased Critical Strikes support, as well as the chance to freeze and proliferate. I think I will head down past Inner Force into Celestial Walker, get the AOE and finish getting through Merciless so I can see how it is with proper gems/sockets and the better weapons.

I don't really have points for IR and stacking Endurance Charges. I am thinking more about Twin Terrors, Blade Barrier, Sword Master and the Diamond Skin node if I head more into Duelist later. Having Enfeeble up (30%+ reduced enemy damage) is like having a stack of 6 endurance charges, except it kills all monster damage including spells, not just physical.

Endgame quality Temporal Chains is reducing monster movement and attack/cast speed by about 40%. I only have a 13% quality now which rounds up to 5% on top of what is listed. I have 3 permanent curses and eventually +AOE nodes, so that is my main defenses.

You can try to do it, but you will not have enough survivability, monsters hit at an incredible damage in 75+ maps, you NEED endurace charges and at least 6k armor to deal with that stuff, and you also need a lot of life as well as maximum resistances + a decent ammount of life regeneration.

You mean that I need endurance charges, tons of armor/life and all that if I intend to facetank mobs without Enfeeble up right? I just tested, and unlike auras, I could put 2x Enduring Cry gems plus faster casting or plus AOE in weaponswap to call them and swap back. Having no + duration and only 3/4 max charges kind of sucks though.

Let's say I get 4 endurance charges from Oak or maybe the tree near Golem's Blood. This is a flat 20% damage reduced of physical, or like having a lot of armor (not sure on the real math here offhand).

Level 17 Enfeeble is giving all monsters 33% reduced damage (to everything, even DOT I think but not sure on DOT). This is, from what I have read, the same sort of reduction as stacking armor or having endurance charges, so if I have 4 endurance charges, plus a monster has enfeeble on them (we can call it just 30% to make it even), this is like having 10 endurance charges on me versus physical and 6 special "endurance charge like things" which also work against spells or when monsters have +~90% added damage as whatever element.

Besides this, I could go IR but being able to evade as well allows other mitigation tactics. Each point of quality in Enfeeble gives monsters 1.5% lower accuracy. I have a 12% gem, so by level 15, monsters get -50% accuracy. If I spend a good bit to make it 20% and level it near 20, monsters are getting nearly -70% accuracy rating.

Beyond this still, I am thinking to run a Flame totem with Blind 17%. I don't know if I want to link this to Chain/Faster Projectiles or what.

"
Attacker's chance to hit = 1 - Defender's chance to evade
Defender's chance to evade = 1 - Attacker's chance to hit

[Chance to hit while blinded] = 0.25 * [Chance to hit while not blinded]
[Chance to evade blinded enemy] = 1 - ( 0.25 * ( 1 - [Chance to evade not-blinded enemy] ) )

For example, if you would normally have a 35% chance to evade attacks made by a particular enemy, you would have:

1 - ( 0.25 * ( 1 - 0.35 ) ) = 84% Chance to evade that same enemy when it is blinded.

Grace not converted to armor plus whatever I may get from Dex and gear should be close to or over 2K. Evasion gives a chance to avoid critical strike and Enfeeble also lowers monsters' crit chance and multiplier by 35%+.

If monsters are able to hit me, it will probably still certainly hurt. Because I am coupling Cleave with Dominating Blow, I am starting to now notice I don't even need Cleave a lot of times. There will be a whole mob of monsters reaching low life from Fire Trap, and I want to just get in there and one-hit them with Dominating Blow. I feel like, having rolled this one good sword now and knowing it is going to be hard to get max resists +Chaos, I might try the insane Shield Mastery nodes and just deal with my Cleave being weaker.

We are getting new skills soon, so maybe there will be a single claw/sword AOE which will fit my build better. There is a problem with game balance if I can't succeed any other way than stacking HP and I just don't like it.
"
Chypre wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Chypre wrote:

You mean that I need endurance charges, tons of armor/life and all that if I intend to facetank mobs without Enfeeble up right? I just tested, and unlike auras, I could put 2x Enduring Cry gems plus faster casting or plus AOE in weaponswap to call them and swap back. Having no + duration and only 3/4 max charges kind of sucks though.

Let's say I get 4 endurance charges from Oak or maybe the tree near Golem's Blood. This is a flat 20% damage reduced of physical, or like having a lot of armor (not sure on the real math here offhand).

Level 17 Enfeeble is giving all monsters 33% reduced damage (to everything, even DOT I think but not sure on DOT). This is, from what I have read, the same sort of reduction as stacking armor or having endurance charges, so if I have 4 endurance charges, plus a monster has enfeeble on them (we can call it just 30% to make it even), this is like having 10 endurance charges on me versus physical and 6 special "endurance charge like things" which also work against spells or when monsters have +~90% added damage as whatever element.

Besides this, I could go IR but being able to evade as well allows other mitigation tactics. Each point of quality in Enfeeble gives monsters 1.5% lower accuracy. I have a 12% gem, so by level 15, monsters get -50% accuracy. If I spend a good bit to make it 20% and level it near 20, monsters are getting nearly -70% accuracy rating.

Beyond this still, I am thinking to run a Flame totem with Blind 17%. I don't know if I want to link this to Chain/Faster Projectiles or what.

"
Attacker's chance to hit = 1 - Defender's chance to evade
Defender's chance to evade = 1 - Attacker's chance to hit

[Chance to hit while blinded] = 0.25 * [Chance to hit while not blinded]
[Chance to evade blinded enemy] = 1 - ( 0.25 * ( 1 - [Chance to evade not-blinded enemy] ) )

For example, if you would normally have a 35% chance to evade attacks made by a particular enemy, you would have:

1 - ( 0.25 * ( 1 - 0.35 ) ) = 84% Chance to evade that same enemy when it is blinded.

Grace not converted to armor plus whatever I may get from Dex and gear should be close to or over 2K. Evasion gives a chance to avoid critical strike and Enfeeble also lowers monsters' crit chance and multiplier by 35%+.

If monsters are able to hit me, it will probably still certainly hurt. Because I am coupling Cleave with Dominating Blow, I am starting to now notice I don't even need Cleave a lot of times. There will be a whole mob of monsters reaching low life from Fire Trap, and I want to just get in there and one-hit them with Dominating Blow. I feel like, having rolled this one good sword now and knowing it is going to be hard to get max resists +Chaos, I might try the insane Shield Mastery nodes and just deal with my Cleave being weaker.

We are getting new skills soon, so maybe there will be a single claw/sword AOE which will fit my build better. There is a problem with game balance if I can't succeed any other way than stacking HP and I just don't like it.

Having a big chance to evade at times, since enemies wont be constantly blinded, does not help so much considering that when monsters hit you have no physical damage mitigation at all, thus you will get the full hit, if you get unlucky and walk in a pack of archers (whose accuracy has been improved in OB by the way) and you get hit around 3-4 times you are dead, even with 4k life, this being in lower maps, in 75+ maps evasion is not a solution to that kind of damage unless you have massive ammounts of life and always stay at range.

If you do want to use blind with falme totem, link faster casting-faster proj-GMP (might acutally test this out soon)

Dominating blow is good for rares, link culling strike to it to finish them off, you have to use cleave since dominating blow costs a lot of mana and does low damage its also not an AOE skill.
Last edited by VictorDoom on Mar 1, 2013, 5:38:16 PM
What is your defense with two different gear setup? I guess I want to think of the more tanky setup for harder maps. Are you running Enfeeble too or is your party? The reduced damage from everything on Enfeeble is probably equivalent in % reduction to more armor than you have.

I have right now 1400 evasion and that is just using random gear at level 49. I know that I can't rely solely on evasion. It makes no sense to say that I have no physical mitigation at all though as long as I can lay curses.

My last character I rolled was a witch with about 2K each ES/life and Zealot's Oath and 6 endurance charges+ Molten Shell and +block nodes. I know that if I run into a huge pack of archers and I don't immediately drop Temporal Chains on them and kite their initial volley they can spike me down.

33% reduced monster damage is like more than 6 endurance charges on me, my minions and team, always until the monster dies. Yeah, if I run into a new pack with no minions to distract and no curses on them, I expect to be demolished. That will already happen now, but I am progressing fine.

I can work skeletons or zombies back into the mix, but the problem is being strapped for gem slots and skillbar space. This is a hard build and will require some micromanagement. Unless I run into a map and get a huge pack of mobs right away, I don't feel like I even need regular summons to get the chain of Dominating Blow going.

If I go shield or are playing in a party of more than 3 people, I might want to go Culling Strike, but otherwise I am avoiding it.

My current plan is to chrom this armor and then run these gems:

R - Dominating Blow, 45 mana at level 17

The in game display of this gem is broken. It says both "Minions deal 48% increased physical damage" (at level 17) and "Minions deal 15% more physical damage" (always 15% at any level), however because of POE internal statistics not displaying right, it doesn't show that this "more damage" is both minions and the player. I think it is probably the same for the increased portion too.

R - Increased Duration, 150% mana cost multiplier. Obviously this is required to keep monsters longer.

B - Increased Critical Strikes, 115% multiplier. This should work on everything from melee mobs to archers to casters and it has a nice low multiplier but basically doubles critical strike chance. If monsters usually just have 5% base unless they have a special mod,it is now 10%. I may carry 4-5 curse gems to fit the situation. Critical Weakness' bonus to crit probably doesn't hit 10% until level 19 gem, but it is additive to the base crit chance.

G - Faster Attacks, 115% multiplier. This will help both ranged and melee, and it is a good tradeoff still versus something like Melee Physical Damage for the low multiplier. This will get me and my minions 40-50% faster attack speed depending quality and level.

My sword rolled 26% IAS which is the most possible in the game AFAIK, for 2.08 APS. Running dual wield gives 10% IAS, but I think the other swords being 1.65 APS will still slow me down. Just running this gem with a shield should take me to over 3 APS.

The mana cost so far is 89.2 and I guess that rounds down. 89 mana at 3+ APS means I need regen of 267 mana/sec to be sustainable... Can I get anywhere near that between leech and regen with Eldritch Battery? I have no clue. It is sort of an argument for dual wielding slower swords or it would be funny to look for a "bad" 15% slower attack speed Deshret's Vise.

I prefer to avoid running my 5th gem as something like Reduced Mana or Mana Leech, because this won't help the converted monsters I don't think. Adding any 150% multiplier further is probably impossible without a 6L and reduced mana.

There is always the nice 20% reduced mana cost of skills nodes which might not be too far away too. I could possibly go for those and skimp on AOE, then head to Lava Lash and the nice life nodes in the Marauder start.

How I solo now is going around cleaving a couple of times then find a low life mob to dominate, so it is viable in combination, not only as a spam skill.

I have this shield so if I need mana I can just run it. I think how it works is that the 311 ES get multiplied by my ES nodes and bonus from Intelligence, so doubling at least even without Body and Soul, then it gets multiplied by max mana % and regen is based off of total mana.

At level 49, I am barely at the point where it makes sense to run Discipline because even though it reduced my available mana slightly, it bumps up my regen. Currently, I have 250 mana free of 1054 while running Clarity, Discipline, Hatred, Wrath and Grace. This will only get better as I get proper sockets connected to reduced mana and the gems level up.

I will try 15% GMP with Flame Totem, but I have traded my Chains away and never used it yet. High level Flame Totem with two 200% MCM takes me to near 400 mana to cast that, but it would certainly blanket the screen in blind. You get a small amount of cast/attack speed from GMP quality and projectile speed from Chain quality, but faster projectiles is certainly a good, less mana intensive option.

Just plain LMP totem focuses too much, so I am skeptical how well even GMP will spread blind. Flame Totem hits so many times that it is basically guaranteed blind. The base duration GGG doesn't list is 4 seconds. High level on the gem itself gets +24% which will round to 5 seconds or done on frames (not sure). I do get the 45% increased duration and have 17% quality Blind for another 12.75%. This should push it to 7+ second blinds, but they apply so easily that I want the spread from Chain I think.

edit: here is a new build possibility with 5 endurance charges (counting Oak) for 108 points at level 89. link
Last edited by Chypre on Mar 1, 2013, 7:57:21 PM
"
iAvid wrote:
Update!!

This is my gear atm. Having a lot of fun with this build though I feel stuck.
What should I focus on upgrading next? I think the weapons but I'm not 100% sure so I'm looking for some advice :P

My passive tree atm

Anyone?
sorry mates ill try to respond as soon as i got sober, and post a video, ill record it with FRAPS for good quality.. But you do have to understand in case its delayed i am not so young as most of you are so i do have things to sort out priorities..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info