[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
Phoenix320 wrote:
Tackle70, I see the link for your tree as a scion, and it looks like the update messed up a lot of the pathing. Where would go for a lvl87 Scion? I am dying to get playing again haha

The updated tree definitely requires a bit more pathing points. At level 87, I'd personally be inclined to just sacrifice some damage; I'd take away the Celestial Judgment/Punishment nodes and Storm Weaver node, for something that looks like this

You could also sacrifice some of the ES by the witch if you wanted to keep the damage.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
As expected, the 1.3 update made gearing for this build much easier due to the extra strength nodes I had to work my through. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of flask effect nodes, as I felt that flask effect only gave me the bonus when I used flasks (which I carelessly forget to do at times) and my points could be better spent elsewhere, which in this case I sacrificed these flask effect nodes to better route my passive points.

Here is my new level 81 witch passive tree:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZUlOX9D1fl5URUDW5pysi9GwLHNwNjX_GflknqcHF7Bhwu9kTL2-P-l9q2-dHBtDQUDBMs5uh99esmBEP217DbVxrhEiPRvrSHRQXL0KjJLCApGaewBoaOFnzkFWsqnKp9zJ82eoY-OsOPBRxJbzfv5_LpzAB5zbohmA6UoO2JwuG0WFSgwlGcbQMkydXyQ186roo-saeEH8MfYLHLKam6zeDkNbfsIIQj6ZcisHzoqN714cpxPZ99USrZOdV1g==

Despite the nerf to mortal conviction, I can still run all my auras whilst having sufficient life to utilize my lightning/molten strike. I achieve low mana/life cost on my primary attack through the use of the vertex unique mask with its 50% reduced mana cost for socketed skills. After life reservations, I have a more than sufficient 45 health, with my health regeneration being around 46 health per second. Lightning strike costs 14 life (I use a level 8 lightning strike due to the +1 gem level of the vertex) and molten strike only costs 10 life (I use a level 1 gem).

I plan to pick up the 30 strength and 30 dexterity nodes at the top left corner of the passive tree, so I can finally change my boots and shield to something more end game viable, which does not require strength and dexterity on gear. Overall, I lost some ES, but my damage remains more or less the same. This build is still very end game viable and once I find suitable upgrades to my boots and shield, my ES should reach 7-8k. Now if only there was a way to make the RainbowNuke a PvP viable build.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Dec 21, 2014, 1:41:34 PM
Atm i'm playing this build on a mara lvl 94 and decided to go a little more tanky and drop some damage.
Of course is not as nuke as before but i still feel satisfied.

With this tree and gear i reach 7.5k ES and playing with vaal pact+ll finally ele reflection doesnt bother me at all.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAW8B5wthDH0NfA2NDjwQfxFQFHEXLxo4GyUbRRzcHRQi9CSwJbwnCyj6Kjgspi9vNAo1uTboN2Y3gzpSQqNGaUZxRwZJUUuuVbVV1lfJWfNca1yKX2phUmTnZp5sC20Zbpdwu3KpeA15aHvXfNl-WX_GgKSCx4MJg7aESIZghtGHKYt6jHaOv49Gj_qQVZDWkyeboZ7Nn8uio6brpwinK6cwqW6sqrQMtMW3MbiTwBrBBMHFwfPDbcaextjQ0NkT2Vva3dvn37_hiOL36QLqGOq66-7sGPDV8pz3Mve-99f46_rS

With better shield and gloves i can easily reach 8k ES.
Been a long time since I visited this thread, but the patch gave me a chance to re-evaluate this build, and decided to go for a Witch for it instead of a Scion. Here is a look at the current passive tree that I have at the moment:

Here is the current gear that I am sporting as well (don't mind some of the gems as I am leveling them up):

Spoiler

I am planning on switching out the gloves for a potential pair of either Armor/ES or Evasion/ES gloves that will hopefully have 37+ Dexterity on them. This will allow me to drop two of the +30 Dex nodes and one more level would give me another skill point to play around with. I have also been experimenting with a manual Immortal Call setup and find that it actually performs far better than the traditional CWDT > IC > ID setup because I have far more control over when I want to cast it. Much better for preemptive initiation before going into a heavy hitting pack, and even better...I can completely nullify Corrupting Blood even as it stacks to 20 extremely fast. By that time the mob is generally dead, I have more End. Charges at the ready, hit IC once more, and then either ride it out or just staunch it off with a flask. Makes those bullshit CB necromancers more manageable for sure, and I can use a full level 20 IC instead of having to settle for something less.

I did consider adding Empower and even Enhance to IC, but the problem there is that I would end up needing too much mana to spend on it and I do intend to drop the two aura node reservations in the Templar aura cluster. That brings me down from 209 additional life to 89 life and IC would end up costing quite a bit with all the links at that point. So I'll probably end up settling for IC > ID > Reduced Mana > Faster Casting/Enhance for the final setup. As far as my remaining points...I will likely try to get to level 95 and do some restructuring so that I can access the Templar shield cluster, although I could get the ES cluster up near Witch that also has the +1 LR, or take more of the ES wheel. However, considering the hit to block and the fact that I am sporting a huge ES shield, I might get more benefit from the shield defense nodes and additional block chance overall...will have to check on that.

Aside from the gloves, might also try and get another pair of boots that have some Strength on them, which would allow me to drop a few other Strength nodes and get more defenses, which is really all this build needs at this point. That and MAYBE...MAYBE if I am extremely lucky, find a similar shield that has block chance on it instead of the mana regen, but that's a long-term goal. Otherwise...really liking the build now, and think that despite the re-gearing I needed to do and losing about 800 ES thanks to the lost shield clusters, I feel it's even more powerful than ever.
"
tackle70 wrote:

If you're interested in my variant (no RF, no Blood Magic/Mortal Conviction)...

Here's a suggested level 91 version of my variant as a Marauder (assuming this is for your level 91 character).

As for gearing, it's not the best anymore to go for RF, so I recommend swapping out RotP for an ES/spell dmg shield (Rathpith Globe if you need something cheap). My variant also would use Dream Fragments instead of Shavronne's Revelation.

Lightning Penetration in this variant is also the better support compared to Iron Will for Mjolner.

May i ask how you handle reflect?
With Lightning Penetration in a reflect pack ... well i instant die xD
"
"
tackle70 wrote:

If you're interested in my variant (no RF, no Blood Magic/Mortal Conviction)...

Here's a suggested level 91 version of my variant as a Marauder (assuming this is for your level 91 character).

As for gearing, it's not the best anymore to go for RF, so I recommend swapping out RotP for an ES/spell dmg shield (Rathpith Globe if you need something cheap). My variant also would use Dream Fragments instead of Shavronne's Revelation.

Lightning Penetration in this variant is also the better support compared to Iron Will for Mjolner.

May i ask how you handle reflect?
With Lightning Penetration in a reflect pack ... well i instant die xD

85 lightning resist (lvl 23 purity of lightning) + flask = reflect isn't a problem. I don't run ele reflect maps, because double reflect would be. If you don't have a level 23 purity of lightning, I recommend taking the flask nodes, as 93% lightning resist is pretty dangerous for reflect in my experience compared to 95% (you take 40% more reflect damage at 93% than at 95%).

Could swap in a saffell's frame and an extra topaz flask and run around with lightning immunity if I really wanted to run some sort of dangerous elemental reflect map, but I just don't see the point.
Last edited by tackle70 on Dec 15, 2014, 11:21:07 AM
Can we get an updated for 1.3? I see lots of different builds in here but they seem to require a lot more than the default build. (Shavronnes for example.)
"
Can we get an updated for 1.3? I see lots of different builds in here but they seem to require a lot more than the default build. (Shavronnes for example.)

My build would be runnable with Solaris Lorica / Meginord's Vise / Rathpith Globe / Rainbowstride / Vertex / Volls / Romiras / Dream Frags / Doryani's Invitation if you need cheap items; it will just have a lot less ES... probably somewhere around 5K.

Unsure what you mean about variants requiring more than the "default" build.
Last edited by tackle70 on Dec 15, 2014, 3:20:35 PM
Romira's Banquet, Voll's Devotion, Shavronne's Revelation, Solaris Lorica, and Mjolner are the required items for the default build on the 1st page, is what I mean. Finding dream fragments, rathpith, etc. might be harder for me and I don't know enough about the build to know how bad another user's version is without those items.
Last edited by Corporate_Greed on Dec 15, 2014, 5:43:51 PM
"
Romira's Banquet, Voll's Devotion, Shavronne's Revelation, Solaris Lorica, and Mjolner are the required items for the default build on the 1st page, is what I mean. Finding dream fragments, rathpith, etc. might be harder for me and I don't know enough about the build to know how bad another user's version is without those items.

The only substantive difference in the passive tree between my build and that of the OP is that I do not use Blood Magic. Practically speaking this means taking Zealot's Oath instead of Blood Magic/Mortal Conviction, and not using Shavronne's Revelation. Note that this also means that it shouldn't be hard to adapt my tree for yourself into something resembling the "default" tree from 1.2.

Rathpith/dream frags/etc are all super cheap. Not more than an exalt or two. If you can afford the Mjolner/Volls, it shouldn't be too hard to get those things together.
Last edited by tackle70 on Dec 15, 2014, 6:06:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info