[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

Hey guys, I want to know what is the difference in terms of DPS or tankiness between Crit Mjolnir and RF Mjolnir.

Which one does more DPS and which one is more tanky.

Or is it possible to do a Crit Mjolnir with RF? And what would be the Pros and Cons to that.

If possible I would like a Crit RF Mjolnir. A new 1.3.0 skill set-up for me would be nice. I just got myself a Mjolnir so I would like to try it out.
"
lazydude1 wrote:
Hey guys, I want to know what is the difference in terms of DPS or tankiness between Crit Mjolnir and RF Mjolnir.

Which one does more DPS and which one is more tanky.

Or is it possible to do a Crit Mjolnir with RF? And what would be the Pros and Cons to that.

If possible I would like a Crit RF Mjolnir. A new 1.3.0 skill set-up for me would be nice. I just got myself a Mjolnir so I would like to try it out.

RF is a sub-par way to make this build if you are going RT instead of crit.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
That nerf to Mortal Conviction... Damn.
Will need to try a few things and update tree/gear/aura's.

Will post what I find :)
"
Kralael wrote:
That nerf to Mortal Conviction... Damn.
Will need to try a few things and update tree/gear/aura's.

Will post what I find :)

There's a decent chance my variant will wind up being a better way to go than BM/Mortal Conviction but we'll need to see patch notes & test to be sure. At the very least, I don't think the BM version will have the advantage of being able to run an extra aura over my build.

This is why I avoided BM/MC in 1.2 ... it was so OP that there was a 100% chance of getting hit with the nerf stick.
Last edited by tackle70 on Dec 9, 2014, 1:40:28 PM
So i have a basic question to arc + discharge with romira's:
As far as i understand arc the chaining is instant. So if i have a lvl 21 Arc that chains up to 6 times i get up to 6 power charges before the discharge triggers?! Wouldnt it be better trying to reach +6 maximum power charges instead of taking +12% increased lightning dmg nodes? Just going from 3 to 4 Charges would gain us 33% more lightning damage.

Thats of course only if we have more than 3 targets but this should almost always be the case when we are mapping.

That being said: I think aiming for the power and endurance charge in the templar are is better than going to heart of thunder.

Hopefully somebody already thought about that and has a smart answer.

Edit: Or i could just go out and test it. Forgot that Romira's says "non-critical" and not "hit". Thats what prevents each chain to generate an additional charge i think.
Last edited by eps1lon on Dec 10, 2014, 11:56:03 AM
"
eps1lon wrote:
Edit: Or i could just go out and test it. Forgot that Romira's says "non-critical" and not "hit". Thats what prevents each chain to generate an additional charge i think.

That's correct; everytime arc procs, it generates a single additional power charge which is more or less simultaneously expended by discharge. This means that the odds are so low of ever building up to 5 or 6 charges (mjolner would have to fail to proc 5 times in a row) that it's not worth the passive investment to get them.
Last edited by tackle70 on Dec 12, 2014, 12:58:05 AM
Confirmed no nerfs to my version of this build in 1.3 (see previous page for tree, page 82 for gear). On the whole, it's actually almost the same. Damage to shocked enemies will be slightly more than 1.2, damage to non-shocked enemies slightly less. ES will be a small amount less. Requires a bit more passive investment to get going due to the extra travel distance to Unwavering Stance & Champion of the Cause. These minor nerfs are offset by 3% additional lightning penetration.

-EDIT- CONFIRMED no nerfs. Build is basically exactly the same as before. Dropped from ~7900 to ~7750 ES and DPS is basically the same.
Last edited by tackle70 on Dec 13, 2014, 12:07:29 AM
Is there a working tree for Marauder available yet?
I had a break in POE, but would love to comeback. :)

I'll post my gear, as I don't know if it's still viable,
or if I should change certain parts because of the recent patch.

Spoiler

Any help is much appreciated!

"
TJEmvp wrote:
Is there a working tree for Marauder available yet?
I had a break in POE, but would love to comeback. :)

I'll post my gear, as I don't know if it's still viable,
or if I should change certain parts because of the recent patch.

Spoiler

Any help is much appreciated!

If you're interested in my variant (no RF, no Blood Magic/Mortal Conviction)...

Here's a suggested level 91 version of my variant (normally for Scion) as a Marauder (assuming this is for your level 91 character).

As for gearing, it's not the best anymore to go for RF, so I recommend swapping out RotP for an ES/spell dmg shield (Rathpith Globe if you need something cheap). My variant also would use Dream Fragments instead of Shavronne's Revelation.

Lightning Penetration in this variant is also the better support compared to Iron Will for Mjolner.
Last edited by tackle70 on Dec 21, 2014, 1:57:30 PM
Tackle70, I see the link for your tree as a scion, and it looks like the update messed up a lot of the pathing. Where would go for a lvl87 Scion? I am dying to get playing again haha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info