[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

Interesting, so why cyclone over double strike then?
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
"
KiPad wrote:
Interesting, so why cyclone over double strike then?

Reasons for Cyclone:
  • permanent movement, often dodging enemy attacks (dominus didn't even hit me in the .gif, but he would have if I used Double Strike)
  • 20/20 double strike adds 10% increased attack speed while Cyclone adds 38% increased attack speed
  • Cyclone can hit multiple enemies and thus trigger even more Discharges / Arcs

Yes, there are also reasons against Cyclone, like unpredictability and the likes. But in this case Molten Strike is simply superior to Double Strike, because
  • it hits more frequently on average
  • it has splash built-in
  • it requires less mana (slightly)
IGN: Pirteloli
Last edited by Tom94 on May 6, 2014, 2:49:55 PM
Good reasons, and I can't make heads or tails of how you have 3 endurance on cyclone xD Even for molten strike, I would think it would fluctuate a little between 2 and 3, which it doesn't seem to. This is a very good build, nice of you to make a budget version :)
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
LOL
Are you so desperate for dex that you take the 20 dex + accuracy node? For what exactly do you need this?
I want Voll's Devotion in Ambush. Crap.
"
klayveR wrote:
I want Voll's Devotion in Ambush. Crap.

You should be able to run this build without Voll's Devotion while still doing decent damage. You'll have to use Enduring Cry with Immortal Call, though, since you won't be generating any Endurance Charges anymore.

I'll update the guide accordingly when I find the time to test alternatives. Astramentis sounds reasonable - making it a lot easier to get the Strength required for Mjölner and the Dexterity required for Blood Rage / Haste.

"
karitas wrote:
Are you so desperate for dex that you take the 20 dex + accuracy node? For what exactly do you need this?

Yes, it's for the Dexterity. Better than taking two 10 Dexterity nodes. :)
"
Tom94 wrote:
You should be able to run this build without Voll's Devotion while still doing decent damage. You'll have to use Enduring Cry with Immortal Call, though, since you won't be generating any Endurance Charges anymore.

I'll update the guide accordingly when I find the time to test alternatives. Astramentis sounds reasonable - making it a lot easier to get the Strength required for Mjölner and the Dexterity required for Blood Rage / Haste.

Thanks for the advice! Just have to get enough currency to get a Shavs now.
Can marauder run low life version of this build?
"
Can marauder run low life version of this build?

Yes, the Marauder and the Scion are in fact the only two classes which can do this well without having a ludicrously high level. This is, because the Marauder and the Scion have access to the build's route only 1-2 point away from their starting position. Simply take the 3 life-regeneration nodes and then proceed the same as how the Scion's build looks like from there.

It would look like this: Marauder tree for level 90
Last edited by Tom94 on May 7, 2014, 4:43:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info