[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

We have to try it
"
manu91xd wrote:
I don't know if someone already tried out but using tempest shield with 20q and an enhance lvl 4 gives 33% increased lightning dmg. I think it's way better use this instead of herald of thunder since it gives also 4% block chance and more lightning damage.

The quality bonus on tempest shield is local, not global. So it only applies to the silly small damage it deals itself and only on block. Quite a waste of a skill socket if you ask me but please feel free to try.
I'm not able to check the new 1.3 skilltree at the moment. Is Thor's Rainbownuke still possible and what nerfs/buffs can I expect?
Some things are so powerful that one glance burns them into your mind forever!
Come let us gaze on nothingness.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Last edited by Jideament on Dec 4, 2014, 8:55:08 AM
"
geldmacher wrote:
I'm not able to check the new 1.3 skilltree at the moment. Is Thor's Rainbownuke still possible and what nerfs/buffs can I expect?

You have to drop some nodes to get to Unwavering Stance and the +6% aura effectiveness node. But on the way you can grab an additional Dexterity node (you could drop Practical Application now) and get some strength nodes. Overall "easier" gearing but less damage/es.
looks like it will take 5 more points (8 past blood magic as opposed to the current 3) to grab unwavering stance and that 6% aura effect node. extra str and possibility of the +30 dex for an additional point is nice I guess, but that's a lot of points. I wonder how bad the stuns would be without it.

I don't think athleticism (now called devotion) is worth taking any more, since it's two points for 20 strength - I am willing to sacrifice 5% buff effect if I have to.

I notice heart of thunder got slightly increased from 2% lightning pen. to 3% which is nice, I guess..

upside is you're forced to get so much strength on the tree now you can easily run with both rainbowstride and rathpith and vertex for cheap and easy gearing, not bothering about str rolls on gear beyond the meginords, volls, and doryanis
Last edited by kitaeri on Dec 4, 2014, 4:25:06 PM
"
kitaeri wrote:

I don't think athleticism (now called devotion) is worth taking any more, since it's two points for 20 strength - I am willing to sacrifice 5% buff effect if I have to.

This would mean that you loose +1% to maximum elemental resistance. Without it you end up with + 75% Aura/Buff effectivness and therefore only get +8 maximum elemental resistance (5 * 1.75 = 8.5, 5 * 1.8 = 9) from purity auras. This of course only applies if you have lvl 23 auras. Imo this node is mandatory.
"
eps1lon wrote:
"
kitaeri wrote:

This would mean that you loose +1% to maximum elemental resistance. Without it you end up with + 75% Aura/Buff effectivness and therefore only get +8 maximum elemental resistance (5 * 1.75 = 8.5, 5 * 1.8 = 9) from purity auras. This of course only applies if you have lvl 23 auras. Imo this node is mandatory.

ah fuck, yeah I didn't stop to calculate it. even with sub level 23 aura gems, it's the difference between 7% and 8% extra max resists. the added point inefficiency with the update is a bit irritating

I suppose there's always saffel's, but I'd rather not. either way we're still losing some ES or damage depending where you put the last few points :/
Last edited by kitaeri on Dec 4, 2014, 6:06:25 PM
Hello to everyone in this thread, my first post in a guide, im not sure what you guys would say is a viable build in 1.3, but here's my take when fiddling around with the 1.3 poebuilder app:

VAAL PACT Version below: http://i.imgur.com/v8by4UL.jpg

mind you its a screenshot of the paths:

base stats from the build:
Str: 280
Dex: 120
Int: 340 (more then you'll ever need but hey thats just the nature of the build)
% Max ES: 168%
Flat Max Es: 40
68% Max ES from INT

66% increased aura effects + 26% buff effects

Its a lvl 89 scion base build.

With my current gear, which im too ashamed of to post, i'd be sitting on 7.5k ES with this setup

(currently on 8.1k es in 1.2)

I'd like some pointers on this if possible.
OK, so here's my planned 1.3 tree: Scion, Level 96.

Looks very similar to 1.2; a bit more damage and a bit less ES. I'll test once 1.3 hits to confirm that this is the tree I recommend if anyone was following my build.

Link back to page 82 (my final build/gear for reference & comparison)

It looks like all the same logic that applied in 1.2 about RF not being the best way to go will still apply in 1.3 - pick your spell/lightning damage up from the tree, folks.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Dec 5, 2014, 2:05:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info