[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

Hey everyone, I luckily had a Mjolner drop this past weekend. Also had a free reset scion(86) sitting from an old HC death, so I tossed together a makeshift Life version with Lightning coil until I could afford the remainder of the set for RainbowNuke. Now that I'm Switched over and have an entry level rainbownuke set I'd like to ask a few questions that I couldn't find an answer to within this thread.(Granted there are 91 pages now, and I just quickly CTRL F'd certain things.

- OP has a SS of a 53% movement speed without flask, I'm assuming this was something possible pre 1.2?
- Suggestions on how to reach 153 Dex. Currently i'm sitting at 150 (with lvl 19 Haste&BR), only because I took 3 dex nodes to the right of "Harrier".
- Corrupted Blood is giving me issues. I think it's a combination of being new to the spec, and entry level gear with 5k ES(Lorica instead of Shavs). But nevertheless any suggestions? I assume just try to snipe affixes asap?
-Also any general suggestions would be appreciated in regards to my tree/gear. (I do have 10ish ex to make improvements, saving for shavs)

Current Tree-

100 Tree-

Gear-
Spoiler
"
How in the hell you guys can afford all this gear? i have been playing for over 6 months and highest amount of currency i have ever had is 2ex. i would really love to try this build i got my witch lvl 50 now and going up :) but im so damn poor for this :( atm i only own 10chaos

I had one Mjolner dropped (sold it) and currently im using one that I chanced. Rest bought from money made from trade (mostly currency, some worthy uniques)

"
- Suggestions on how to reach 153 Dex. Currently i'm sitting at 150 (with lvl 19 Haste&BR), only because I took 3 dex nodes to the right of "Harrier".

Dex on gear. Or just de-level haste and blood rage to something like 144dex requirement. 1-2 levels is no big deal but may save you some points
Last edited by arcadius on Nov 19, 2014, 4:59:09 PM
Selling gear for Rainbownuke
Spoiler

If you're interested, PM me (=
IGN: Fettgesicht
"
3portas wrote:
Spoiler

I like the conc effect idea for discharge. Why isn't this more common for single target scenarios like atziri? This also helps not arcing/hitting the mirrior.

Also you don't take vaal pact, don't use acuity, and don't have surgeons flasks. How are you reliably handling reflect mobs or reflect maps.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
3portas wrote:
Spoiler

I like the conc effect idea for discharge. Why isn't this more common for single target scenarios like atziri? This also helps not arcing/hitting the mirrior.

Also you don't take vaal pact, don't use acuity, and don't have surgeons flasks. How are you reliably handling reflect mobs or reflect maps.

Using a belt like:

with 35% increased elemental dmg on weapon, increases 35% our discharge spell dmg? I dont see any changes in arc dmg numbers in skill.

And about farming atziri, If I Use Rise of Phoenix, plus my passives for flasks, I can get 106% fire resist, is it useful or resis are capped at 100%? without flask i have 93% fire res.

I want be able to tank any uber hit, atm 6,5 ES because dropped ES passives due to more dmg and flask passives.
Last edited by reimbowl on Nov 21, 2014, 12:48:27 PM
Spell damage does not equal weapon elemental damage so no, the damage on that belt does nothing for either your arc or discharge. It only buffs the molten strike or lightening strike damage which is quite insignificant on the total amount.
all the videos doesnt make any sense.. you need to pick blood magic from skill tree but in all the videos he has mana. can someone explain what is going on
"
Hamza22 wrote:
all the videos doesnt make any sense.. you need to pick blood magic from skill tree but in all the videos he has mana. can someone explain what is going on

Read and thou shall know;

"
Disclaimer: These videos have been made pre-1.2.0 and are thus outdated. The DPS remains the same on the new patch, but more Energy Shield can be obtained and Blood Magic in combination with Mortal Conviction is now used for resource management. Additionally Righteous Fire is no longer used for optimal damage.
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
3portas wrote:
Spoiler

Because you lose the charges that you get from Arc proccing, so you don't really wind up doing extra damage. I tested map bosses with a 21/0 conc. effect and it really wasn't any better; maybe even a bit worse.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Nov 24, 2014, 8:08:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info