[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

Hello,

I come with an important information about Mjölner's mechanics.
So i'm just posting it into every Mjöner build threads. I wouldn't do it if it wasn't important.

BTW, some players surely already know something about it, but i prefer writing than shut up.
I guess you'll understand...

If someone wants to share his own experience about it, please post into the thread mentioned below.

"
Funsy wrote:
Yes, maybe something new about Mjölner mechanics (socketed casting spell order/priority):
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-reply/1104996

After i get an official answer from GGG, or after serious testings, i'll update the OP.

"
Funsy wrote:
"
Funsy wrote:
Hey,

It would be nice to be sure about it and get an official reply from GGG.

Anyway, i tested different socketed orders with same gems, in this socket order: top left, then top right, then botom right.
The 2 different setups are:
1/ life leech, arc 21/20 and discharge 21/20
2/ life leech, discharge 21/20 and arc 21/20

After many runs in Apex of Sacrifice, i feel i'm dealing more dmg with setup 1 than with setup 2, especially against bosses:
- with setup 1, i kill the first Vaal before he goes underground most of the time
- with setup 2, i never managed to kill Vaal before he goes underground

I just did few more testings with the same base as previous. I just changed of character and took the CRIT variant:
- with setup 1, i sometimes kill the first Vaal before he goes underground
- with setup 2, i ALWAYS kill the first Vaal before he goes underground and i jump into the 2nd Vaal before it appears

About RT variant, best socketed order is: Arc first, Discharge 2nd.
Simply because we want Arc to grant a power charge before Discharge being casted.

About CRIT variant, best socketed order is: Discharge first, Arc second.
When we crit, we loose power charges because of Romira's Banquet. Therefore, we want Discharge to crit before Arc.
► Shop ◄ Mirror service • Gear • Maps • Gems • Legacy ■ thread/545555
This build is amazing. I got to equip all my gear yesterday at lvl69. Currently at lvl75 & 6.1k ES with all this gear. Clear speed is so fast. i'm blown away.

Does it help to get quality on Lighning Strike? Pierce is good or bad in this build?
"
arcadius wrote:
Does it help to get quality on Lighning Strike? Pierce is good or bad in this build?

very bad, you want it to chain, not to pierce.
Oh yeah forgot that Mjolner adds chain
I have been playing PoE for almost 2 years and I have to say that out of all the builds in the game that I have tried, this is the most entertaining build that you could play unless you are prone to epilepsy. Thank you so much Tom94 for showing how to transform your character into Thor god of Disco...nects.

GEAR
Spoiler

BUILD

Is there a way to do ele-reflect maps without needing saffel's and flask spam? I find it easier to just reroll that mod at the moment due to how easy it is to suicide.

IGN:SorXeress
Last edited by ElDrinja on Nov 16, 2014, 9:22:13 PM
"
ElDrinja wrote:
Is there a way to do ele-reflect maps without needing saffel's and flask spam?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/917173

;)
Last edited by Mian_Scaratan on Nov 17, 2014, 10:06:32 AM
I have been pretty inactive as of reaching level 80 with this build, but I still decided to upgrade my gear and change up my Gems. The dream fragments replaces shavs when facing a lot of cold damage.

Now that I have curse with ele weakness on my gloves, I had 2 blue sockets on my shavs. Thus, I filled up one socket with vaal discipline (for that emergency boost). For the other blue socket, I use a 20/20 Added lightning. Added lightning works superbly with lightning strike, as the bonus lightning damage also gets boosted by Mjolnir's increased weapon lightning damage and the increased lightning/elemental damage nodes from passives and Herald of Thunder. Furthermore, the 10% shock chance means I can shock enemies using lightning strike (despite no being able to crit), which trigger's herald of thunder's special effect.

My next item milestones will probably be getting a 500+ es shield and a cold resist es helmet (preferably with chaos resist)
Last edited by iSo1iD on Nov 17, 2014, 3:18:20 PM
Just respecced to nuker and used many regrets to fit my playstyle

Tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAA-4MfQ18DY0OPBB_EQ8RUBRxFVAXLxslHNwdFB2-H8ci9CSLJLAlvCftKPosnCymLUctiy9vM4c0CjW5N2Y3gzrYPQ89X0KjRKtGcUcGSVFLrk3YUDBQQlJTVa5XyVnzXGtcil9qZp5sC20ZcLtyqXvXfLt82X31fll_xoCkghCCx4MJhEiG0Yw2jHaPRo-mj_qQVZDWkyeX9Juhn8uio6cIpyusmKyqtAy4k8AawcXB88NtxPbGntDQ2RPZW9rd217b59-K37Dfv-GI6QLqGOq66-7sGPDV9zL3wffX-Ov56PrS

Im using Zealots Oath and Vitality and 1% regen node to counter Blood rage degen and its going nicely, I even regen some ES

Gear

Im using lorica instead shav for colors, someday I will switch when I get 5 off on shavronne (about 6.5k es with shav, 4.7k currently with lorica)
Planning to 3red my vertex and empower pof and pol since I dont have 21lv auras yet
Gems not leveled yet but dmg is pretty nice, using molten most of the time because better single target and my IC is about 6sec when it triggers (120% inc duartion)
Sometimes I use RF if I need more dmg and I can sustain it for a while by mixing fire flask and vaal discipline and then I cancel it with my ice flask. If I had shavronne ring I could use it even longer

I noticed that I rarely have 4 power charges to discharge, does this really take effect or I can abandon this +1 pc node. Maybe im just not seeing it since it happens so fast

Last edited by arcadius on Nov 17, 2014, 4:36:23 PM

Playing with these items. Boots might be a bit unconventionell, but they are te only way for my witch to use Mjolner atm...they slow down a lot. My question is: What should i prioritice to improve?

I am still far away from OP's damage and defence. Lvl is 81.

Also i use 8 Auras (included PoE and HoT) because i can. I do not use Immortal Call, CWDT anymore cause it did literally nothing for me unfortunately. I would have loved to get RRRGGB on my Shavs but failed. Would get additional socket place through that in 6-linking MS and LS in it.

Please guys, help me a bit:-)
Last edited by Modulok2299 on Nov 17, 2014, 11:30:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info