[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
iSo1iD wrote:
Herald of Thunder is not an aura, but a buff, so its not affected by increased increased aura effect, but is influenced by increased buff effect. However, Herald of Thunder does benefit from reduced mana reservation as "reduced man reservation" is not specific to just auras, but applies to any skill that reserves mana. So if connected to a level 20 reduced man, and assuming you have both the 60% less and 14% reduced reserved mana nodes, you will only reserve 7% life (rounded up) with Herald Of Thunder. Without reduced mana gem, Herald of Thunder reserves 9% of life (Rounded up). Yet then again, it can still be possible to not have sufficient life or gem slots to run this effectively in the build without sacrificing something like an empowered gem. Although i am curious, as it takes a level 23 gem to upgrade the bonus max element resist, from a corresponding purity gem, from 4% to 5%. So are you running level 21 purity gems plus level 3 empowered, or level 20 purity gems with level 4 empowered, or are you utilizing a plus one to geme item with level 20 purity gems and level 3 empowered?

Current gear

Current tree

There's most likely a way to fit it into one of the variants of the build - possibly the one in the OP with blood magic - but I'm not going to all the expense of changing my gear and passive tree around just to get a few extra % of DPS.

As a sidenote, I think I'm about ready to declare my build done. It's taken me over 200 maps to level from 95-96, and I'm burned out from it. Solo mapping at 95+ is just a chore. Only thing left I want to do to change the gear is get a level 21 discipline and a 21/20 lightning penetration.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 26, 2014, 12:52:39 AM
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
iSo1iD wrote:
Herald of Thunder is not an aura, but a buff, so its not affected by increased increased aura effect, but is influenced by increased buff effect. However, Herald of Thunder does benefit from reduced mana reservation as "reduced man reservation" is not specific to just auras, but applies to any skill that reserves mana. So if connected to a level 20 reduced man, and assuming you have both the 60% less and 14% reduced reserved mana nodes, you will only reserve 7% life (rounded up) with Herald Of Thunder. Without reduced mana gem, Herald of Thunder reserves 9% of life (Rounded up). Yet then again, it can still be possible to not have sufficient life or gem slots to run this effectively in the build without sacrificing something like an empowered gem. Although i am curious, as it takes a level 23 gem to upgrade the bonus max element resist, from a corresponding purity gem, from 4% to 5%. So are you running level 21 purity gems plus level 3 empowered, or level 20 purity gems with level 4 empowered, or are you utilizing a plus one to geme item with level 20 purity gems and level 3 empowered?

Current gear

Current tree

There's most likely a way to fit it into one of the variants of the build - possibly the one in the OP with blood magic - but I'm not going to all the expense of changing my gear and passive tree around just to get a few extra % of DPS.

I see you are running a passive tree more like the original RF version, but without BM and Mortal Conviction, very interesting indeed. As I mentioned previously, I agree with you completely, the dps boost does not justify taking up a precious gem space,switching gear and changing passives.
Alrighty... I'm declaring this one done. Dinged at 96 after 209 maps and sold enough from my shop to buy all my gem upgrades. Said a while back I'd post new screenshots with level 21 gems, so here we go... never thought I'd see the day I made a build that was packing 80-90+ exalts worth of gems.

21/20 Arc DPS

21/20 Discharge DPS

Defenses; 23 Purity of Fire/Lightning & Discipline

Final gear/gem setup

Final tree @ level 96

There are really no further upgrades that are meaningful to the gear that I can see, apart from mirror gear that I'll never be able to afford. Could theoretically get a level 21 Vitality and a level 4 Empower but that's a huge amount of cost for completely insignificant benefits. The only real upgrade that's not crazy expensive would be to get a Romira's Banquet and land some sort of useful corrupt.

Maps are a joke at this point as long as you avoid -max. Ele reflect or no regen are really dangerous but doable. All other mods, along with all map bosses, are faceroll. Regular Atziri is faceroll. Uber Atziri should be doable without much trouble but I have no means to test since 100% of my wealth has been invested in maps and gear, and I cannot afford Mortal sets.

Taking a break from endgame PoE for a while... see you all in Act 4!
"
tackle70 wrote:
Alrighty... I'm declaring this one done. Dinged at 96 after 209 maps and sold enough from my shop to buy all my gem upgrades. Said a while back I'd post new screenshots with level 21 gems, so here we go... never thought I'd see the day I made a build that was packing 80-90+ exalts worth of gems.

21/20 Arc DPS

21/20 Discharge DPS

Defenses; 23 Purity of Fire/Lightning & Discipline

Final gear/gem setup

Final tree @ level 96

There are really no further upgrades that are meaningful to the gear that I can see, apart from mirror gear that I'll never be able to afford. Could theoretically get a level 21 Vitality and a level 4 Empower but that's a huge amount of cost for completely insignificant benefits. The only real upgrade that's not crazy expensive would be to get a Romira's Banquet and land some sort of useful corrupt.

Maps are a joke at this point as long as you avoid -max. Ele reflect or no regen are really dangerous but doable. All other mods, along with all map bosses, are faceroll. Regular Atziri is faceroll. Uber Atziri should be doable without much trouble but I have no means to test since 100% of my wealth has been invested in maps and gear, and I cannot afford Mortal sets.

Taking a break from endgame PoE for a while... see you all in Act 4!

Wow those gems look phenomenal. 80-90 exalts is super crazy to spend purely on gems alone, you can almost afford another low end 6 link shavs with that. Does the slightly increased mana cost from using level 21 gems play a factor in the mana/life (BM) sustainability of the build, or is the difference minimal?
"
iSo1iD wrote:
Does the slightly increased mana cost from using level 21 gems play a factor in the mana/life (BM) sustainability of the build, or is the difference minimal?

the increased mana costs on most gems are 0 or + 1 mana, which is for most gems below 0,5% increased cost, so it should not have any major impact on any build. in this case, the lvl 21 gems are in the mjolnir and therefor cast for free anyway. to trigger them ,he uses a lvl 9 lightning strike ;)
Last edited by Kalif_Lyx on Oct 27, 2014, 8:40:49 AM
"
Kalif_Lyx wrote:
"
iSo1iD wrote:
Does the slightly increased mana cost from using level 21 gems play a factor in the mana/life (BM) sustainability of the build, or is the difference minimal?

the increased mana costs on most gems are 0 or + 1 mana, which is for most gems below 0,5% increased cost, so it should not have any major impact on any build. in this case, the lvl 21 gems are in the mjolnir and therefor cast for free anyway. to trigger them ,he uses a lvl 9 lightning strike ;)

This is correct - there's no change in mana cost for this build for socketed gems or auras, so I didn't have to worry about it.
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Kalif_Lyx wrote:
"
iSo1iD wrote:

This is correct - there's no change in mana cost for this build for socketed gems or auras, so I didn't have to worry about it.

Thx for the info, because im kinda worried abt the sustainability of attacks since i will be running the BM version of the build.
I have considered running a mana version of the build but I notice you can't run haste. The increased Move speed and attack speed seem too good to pass up.
"
BenMey wrote:
I have considered running a mana version of the build but I notice you can't run haste. The increased Move speed and attack speed seem too good to pass up.

Haste would be really nice to have, but I don't miss it too much. The quicksilver flask is up 90% of the time and with 30% move speed on boots, it feels fast enough.
Hello everyone, I have had this build for like 2-4 months now, and I think it is FUKING INSANE, lately I spoke to hizbaz about some changes and stuff, and he helped me out pretty nice, THX MATE.

Now, here is my Gear and Tree and I want to get some inputs on what could be better, or maybe change some stuff. IDK, just say something :). Thanks.

I am a Scion level 83 atm. In the process of leveling still.

GEAR

TREE

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAADH0NfA2NDjwQfxEPEVAUcRVQFy8bJRzcHRQfxyL0JLAlvCepKPospi2LLagvbzQKNbk3Zj1fQqNGcUcGSVFLrkyzUDBSU1fJWfNca1yKX2pk52aebAttGXC7cql713zZfll-r3_GgKSCx4MJhEiG0Y0Zj0aP-pBVkNaTJ5eVl_SYdJuhn8uio6cIpyusmKyqsZC0DLfWwBrBxcHzw23GntDQ2RPZW9lf2t3bWdte2-fdjN-_4BLhiOkC6hjquuwY8NX3MvfX-Ov60g==

Please let me know what can be changed etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info