[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
Alfred2000 wrote:
"
I use this which I think is better than maginord. But it cost me a fortune to change the socket color to what it is now though (color was bbbg when I purchased it). Feel free to tempt me with an irresistible offer :). Btw, I use 2 curses and it works nicely.

How do you reach the req. strength?
Being a marauder, I have 32 base strength. Also the 6 point disadvantage I have pretty much goes to strength to link up the tree. 2 x 30 strength nodes and 30 strength crafted on boots.
Excuse me guys but I don't see where is the Scion's skill tree :x ?
"
HuRRR1980 wrote:
Excuse me guys but I don't see where is the Scion's skill tree :x ?

Page 73
"
Alfred2000 wrote:
"
I use this which I think is better than maginord. But it cost me a fortune to change the socket color to what it is now though (color was bbbg when I purchased it). Feel free to tempt me with an irresistible offer :). Btw, I use 2 curses and it works nicely.

Gear

I'm killing atziri very easily, i think i can do uber at lvl 86.
Unique problem is that i dont reach the strenght requirements and i lost some points... I need craft a boots, but I 'm worried if I'll have all elemental resistances as high enough ( at least 80 ). I dont wanna switch my helmet, one hubris with 300+ shield and good chaos and another resist is expensive.
What do you think that i can do?

Running all purities (ice, fire, lightning), herald of thunder and herald of ice, haste, discpline, vitality and vaal discipline.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAA-4MfQ18DY0OPA5cEH8RDxFQFHEVUBcvGyUc3B0UHb4fxyL0JLAlvCepJ-0o-iymLYsvbzOHNAo1uTboN2Y6Uj0PPV9Co0V-RnFHBklRS65Ms1AwUlNXyVnzXGtcil9qZp5q-mwLbRlwu3Kpe9d82X5Zf8aApIIQgseDCYRIhtGPRo_6kFWQ1pMnl5WX9Juhn8uio6cIpyusmKyqtAzAGsHFwfPDbcT2xp7Q0NkT2Vva3dte2-ffit-w37_hiOkC6hjquuwY8NX3MvfX-Ov60g==
Last edited by 3portas on Oct 25, 2014, 9:00:50 AM
"
iSo1iD wrote:
Right off the bat of the new update, comparing each gem level, Herald of Thunder adds more lightning damage to spells than the amount of ice damage added to spells from Herald of Ice. Furthermore, every % quality on Herald of Thunder adds 0.75% increased lightning damage (for a total of 15%), so pound for pound, its a stronger upgrade to damage than Herald of Ice. That and the lightning bolts that trigger upon killing a shocked enemy also does very substantial damage at a reasonable 500ms delay to single targets or 250ms to different enemies. Overall, I really think that this Herald Of Thunder can add a substantial damage boost and clear speed to this build, especially if you go the double arc+ conductivity route as mentioned by Hizbas. Whats everyone else's thoughts on the viability of Herald of Thunder now that its released? Should Herald Of Thunder be considered an 'essential upgrade and necessary inclusion' to the rainbow nuke build? Personally, after some gem testing, Herald of Thunder feels like a nice damage boost, but I also feel its something I can live without. Thus, I am very divided on whether Herald of Thunder deserves one of my limited gem slots.

Arc+Discharge will always have better clear speed by far than dual arc, for what it's worth.

Anyways I hope to get around to testing it before too long but someone else can beat me to it if possible... I got a desync death at 96% on my level 95 that pissed me off so I've been taking a break from poe for a bit.

BTW good to see an ele weakness meginord's out in the wild... I gave up after 30 tries trying to corrupt for that.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
hi....i had a RF marauder at lv 91 version of this build...but i want to change and now i have a scion at 89

this is my build ( that is the same as the marauder exept for the shield)
Spoiler

this is my skill tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAW8MfQ18DY0OPBBYEH8RUBRxFVAXLxslHNwdFB1PH8ci9CSwJbwnqSj6KjgreCycLKYtiy2oL280CjW5Nug3ZjeDOlJCo0SrRnFHBklRS65VrlfJWK9Z81xrXIpfamaebAttGXC7cql2EXgNe9d-WX_GgKSCEILHgwmESIbRhymLeo9Gj6aP-pBVkNaTJ5uhn8uio6brpwinK6lurKqxkLQMt9a4k8AawcXB88Ntxp7Q0NkT2Vva3dtZ2-ffsN-_4Yji9-kC6hjquuvu7Bjw1fcy99f46_rS

an this is my future skill tree at lv 100

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAW8MfQ18DY0OPBBYEH8RDxFQFHEVUBcvGyUc3B0UHU8fxyL0JLAlvCepKPoqOCt4LJwspi2LLagvbzIJMjQ0CjW5Nug3ZjeDOlJCo0SrRnFHBklRS65VrlfJWK9Z81xrXIpfamaebAtsRm0ZcLtybHKpdhF4DXvXfll-r3_GgKSCEILHgwmESIbRhymLeo0Zj0aPpo_6kFWQ1pMnm6Gfy6KjpuunCKcrqW6smKyqsZC0DLfWuJPAGsHFwfPDbcae0NDZE9lb2V_a3dtZ2-fdjN-w37_gEuGI4vfk7OkC6hjquuvu7Bjw1fcy99f46_rS]

my stat
ES= 7300
res =84/79/83 ( the cold one need to be higher with some change)

it's good ? some chyange on the skill tree and in the items ? maybe better the saffels frame ?
Last edited by maclarca on Oct 25, 2014, 1:20:49 PM
Nvm... cannot test/use Herald of Thunder on my setup. Because it's not an aura, I don't benefit from reduced reservation, and so I don't have enough mana or life to use it. I'd have to drop empower from my 6L shav auras which would mean sacrificing max max fire and lightning resist, which isn't worth it.

Bummer.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 25, 2014, 9:32:55 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
Nvm... cannot test/use Herald of Thunder on my setup. Because it's not an aura, I don't benefit from reduced reservation, and so I don't have enough mana or life to use it. I'd have to drop empower from my 6L shav auras which would mean sacrificing max max fire and lightning resist, which isn't worth it.

Bummer.

Herald of Thunder is not an aura, but a buff, so its not affected by increased increased aura effect, but is influenced by increased buff effect. However, Herald of Thunder does benefit from reduced mana reservation as "reduced man reservation" is not specific to just auras, but applies to any skill that reserves mana. So if connected to a level 20 reduced man, and assuming you have both the 60% less and 14% reduced reserved mana nodes, you will only reserve 7% life (rounded up) with Herald Of Thunder. Without reduced mana gem, Herald of Thunder reserves 9% of life (Rounded up). Yet then again, it can still be possible to not have sufficient life or gem slots to run this effectively in the build without sacrificing something like an empowered gem. Although i am curious, as it takes a level 23 gem to upgrade the bonus max element resist, from a corresponding purity gem, from 4% to 5%. So are you running level 21 purity gems plus level 3 empowered, or level 20 purity gems with level 4 empowered, or are you utilizing a plus one to geme item with level 20 purity gems and level 3 empowered?
Last edited by iSo1iD on Oct 26, 2014, 12:46:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info