[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

Will this build benefit from the upcoming herald of thunder, since it adds damage to both attacks and spell?
"
iSo1iD wrote:
Will this build benefit from the upcoming herald of thunder, since it adds damage to both attacks and spell?

I'm planning on replacing CWDT/Warlord's Mark/Increased AoE in my setup with Reduced Mana/Blood Magic/Herald of Thunder. Hopefully I can run it along with two 40% auras on life, but not entirely sure how the rounding will work out.

I think this build will benefit, especially since it's shocking things a LOT, but will have to test to confirm.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 19, 2014, 11:03:00 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
iSo1iD wrote:

I'm planning on replacing CWDT/Warlord's Mark/Increased AoE in my setup with Reduced Mana/Blood Magic/Herald of Thunder. Hopefully I can run it along with two 40% auras on life, but not entirely sure how the rounding will work out.

I think this build will benefit, especially since it's shocking things a LOT, but will have to test to confirm.

I won't be getting my hopes up too high. It looks cool and all but I reckon it'll perform on the same level as Herald of Ice. In saying that I don't find it that much of a benefit. We'll see though. The fact that it's lightning damage means more damage and leech which is a good thing.
"
Hizbas wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
iSo1iD wrote:

I won't be getting my hopes up too high. It looks cool and all but I reckon it'll perform on the same level as Herald of Ice. In saying that I don't find it that much of a benefit. We'll see though. The fact that it's lightning damage means more damage and leech which is a good thing.

Yeah, I'm curious about the leech as well. I don't have to change any socket colors to try it out, so we'll see if it's decent or not. If nothing else, it will help make your graphics card cry by the looks of it.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Hizbas wrote:

Yeah, I'm curious about the leech as well. I don't have to change any socket colors to try it out, so we'll see if it's decent or not. If nothing else, it will help make your graphics card cry by the looks of it.

Make sure to turn post processing on. Huehuehue.
why only 3 charges, seems like build would benefit from 4 power (witch one close by) 4 endurance (from oak)
"
Hizbas wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
iSo1iD wrote:

I'm equally curious to see how beneficial Herald of Thunder will be, given that the lightning bolt effect only triggers if you kill a shocked enemy, and Herald of Thunder itself does not provide any additional means of shocking. Based on the example build, I can't really see any consistent shock sources, save for the 20% shock chance from arc. Then again, with rapid attack speed, the likelihood of shocking an enemy via arc is higher, but this only applies if the enemy doesn't die outright to the molten/lightning strikes or discharges. So I presume that the effectiveness of Herald of Thunder over Herald of Ice highly depends on shock kill sustainability and its interaction with leech, which we will need to wait and see. Maybe the potential leech and dps boost alone will justify the skill's usage. Hizbaz/tackle70, how often and reliably do you guys shock enemies with the Rainbownuke build (or is it too hard to notice anything midst the carnage to give a good gauge)?
Last edited by iSo1iD on Oct 20, 2014, 2:24:46 PM
In my experience if the enemy doesn't instantly die they are usually shocked. With arc casting several times per second on top of the additional chains enemies of screen are often shocked as well.
Last edited by BenMey on Oct 21, 2014, 2:03:01 AM
"
BenMey wrote:
In my experience if the enemy doesn't instantly die they are usually shocked. With arc casting several times per second on top of the additional chains enemies of screen are often shocked as well.

^ This. The 20% quality from Arc is better than what most people think it is. Attacking 6 times a second, with an average of at least 3 Arcs hitting, plus the potential to chain back to that monster and the extra 10% chance to shock with a flask up from Doryani's is pretty ballistic.

I haven't really been paying attention to how many monsters lie dead and shocked on the ground, but my guess would be half, to just under half.

It was fucking insane pre 1.2, picking up Static Blows and the 10% chance to shock node (which was changed to 5% chance to shock node next to Static Blows) put us to 50% shock chance with Arc and 30% with Discharge (with a flask up). Combine that with the fact that you could shock stack 3 times to 90% increase damage. Sounds fucking amazing right? I'm actually butthurt they removed all that.

Static Blows is actually an amazing DPS boost and most people disregard it. I don't blame anyone either, having to spend 5 passive points for 15% shock chance, 8% lightning damage and 50% increased shock duration instead of straight up 5 ES nodes can/usually makes a big difference as the build already doesn't reach high ES numbers anyway. (For most people anyway)

If you're contemplating picking up Static Blows, consider Breath of Lightning too. You save a passive point and gain an extra 12% lightning damage, but you have 5% less shock chance. If I had to guess, I'd say the Breath of Lightning route is a little better, but it comes pretty close. Any extra shock chance gain goes a long way.

In saying all this, It's also worth considering swapping out Elemental Weakness for Conductivity. I haven't personally tried it myself, but an extra 14% shock chance is pretty nasty.

Whenever I map I swap out Discharge for another Arc as most people get the shits when I discharge. This leaves me with a combined total of 50% chance to shock without Conductivity. I'd imagine losing 8% elemental resists for an extra 14% shock chance is more than worth it whenever you're double Arcing as you're solely ALL lightning damage now. I'm in the process of buying a 20/20 Conductivity to give me a combined total of 64% shock chance. The more I think about it, 64% shock chance sounds outrageous to pass up haha.
Last edited by Hizbas on Oct 21, 2014, 3:58:41 AM
Hello everyone, I have had this build for like 2-4 months now, and I think it is FUKING INSANE, lately I spoke to hizbaz about some changes and stuff, and he helped me out pretty nice, THX MATE.

Now, here is my Gear and Tree and I want to get some inputs on what could be better, or maybe change some stuff. IDK, just say something :). Thanks.

I am a Scion level 83 atm. In the process of leveling still. Sitting at 8.2K ES at the moment.

GEAR

TREE

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAADH0NfA2NDjwQfxEPEVAUcRVQFy8bJRzcHRQfxyL0JLAlvCepKPospi2LLagvbzQKNbk3Zj1fQqNGcUcGSVFLrkyzUDBSU1fJWfNca1yKX2pk52aebAttGXC7cql713zZfll-r3_GgKSCx4MJhEiG0Y0Zj0aP-pBVkNaTJ5eVl_SYdJuhn8uio6cIpyusmKyqsZC0DLfWwBrBxcHzw23GntDQ2RPZW9lf2t3bWdte2-fdjN-_4BLhiOkC6hjquuwY8NX3MvfX-Ov60g==

Please let me know what can be changed etc.
Last edited by rodofrn on Oct 21, 2014, 5:18:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info