[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

I am using a pair of gloves with curse on hit, so I have bit more flexibility in gem slots. I tested the new trigger gems today and they are good fun. Combining Vengeance and Reckoning, Mjolner has a high probability of popping discharge/arc. The one thing I am not sure is whether support gems like Increased Area of Effect, Lightning Penetration, Concentrated Effect etc are applicable to the Discharge/Arc triggered by the trigger gem, not my normal attack. Do anyone know and can advise please. Thanks
Last edited by Alfred2000 on Dec 23, 2014, 12:29:48 PM
I used 20% quality Vengeance & Reckoning linked with Level 4 Enhance. I can run around without attacking and clear monsters. LOL!!!
Last edited by Alfred2000 on Dec 23, 2014, 12:29:17 PM
Hi all, i like this build and i got almost all the gear required but im not sure if it will survive well,can it facetank bosses?(domi residence/palace ,crema boss etc )i saw the video of palace domi almost 1 hit him,no blocks or mind over matter idk how this build will survive (i usually paly only tanky builds),can somone tell me more about this build?
Max blocks Tanky dualist 34-40k dps thread/1028992
Almost max blocks Tanky witch 40k dps physic or element build thread/1071884
"
bfhcorp85 wrote:
Hi all, i like this build and i got almost all the gear required but im not sure if it will survive well,can it facetank bosses?(domi residence/palace ,crema boss etc )i saw the video of palace domi almost 1 hit him,no blocks or mind over matter idk how this build will survive (i usually paly only tanky builds),can somone tell me more about this build?

Thanks to leech and constant energy shield regeneration (either from shav's revelation or zealots oath), this build has some decent tanky-ness and ES sustainability to it. Despite my build only having 6000+ ES, I can still run most maps, including uber atziri. As OP mentions, reflect is a big killer of this build, so take precaution when facing reflect mobs or reflect maps, as you can instant kill yourself. However, with good caution and efficient resistant flask management, reflect is much more manageable to deal with. (I have only died 3 times to reflect so far).

The build as a whole has good elemental damage mitigation and uses immortal call to deal with pesky physical mobs. Chaos damage isnt normally an issue (even with larger stacks). For added insurance, some players of this build (myself included) also use vaal discipline as a last ditch defense mechanism to survive dangerous battles. I can easily facetank the palace and crematorium boss with proper flask usage and leech, although I usually activate vaal discipline for bonus security.

Overall, you should not be too afraid of dying with this build as it can easily hold its own, especially since few mobs can even survive a second near the RainbowNuke, just pay extra care against reflect mobs and big bosses. Resistance Flasks are your friend. Hope this helps and Merry Christmas.
"
iSo1iD wrote:
"
bfhcorp85 wrote:

Thanks to leech and constant energy shield regeneration (either from shav's revelation or zealots oath), this build has some decent tanky-ness and ES sustainability to it. Despite my build only having 6000+ ES, I can still run most maps, including uber atziri. As OP mentions, reflect is a big killer of this build, so take precaution when facing reflect mobs or reflect maps, as you can instant kill yourself. However, with good caution and efficient resistant flask management, reflect is much more manageable to deal with. (I have only died 3 times to reflect so far).

The build as a whole has good elemental damage mitigation and uses immortal call to deal with pesky physical mobs. Chaos damage isnt normally an issue (even with larger stacks). For added insurance, some players of this build (myself included) also use vaal discipline as a last ditch defense mechanism to survive dangerous battles. I can easily facetank the palace and crematorium boss with proper flask usage and leech, although I usually activate vaal discipline for bonus security.

Overall, you should not be too afraid of dying with this build as it can easily hold its own, especially since few mobs can even survive a second near the RainbowNuke, just pay extra care against reflect mobs and big bosses. Resistance Flasks are your friend. Hope this helps and Merry Christmas.

This pretty closely matches my experience on my variant. I've got about 8K ES and the only times I die are:
1) Do something dumb in a half/no-regen map (e.g. forget to pop vaal discipline vs boss)
2) Do something dumb vs a reflect pack
3) Run -max maps (reflect pack = dead)
4) Uber Atziri (I'm not a great Atziri runner and you need more skill than I have to avoid her attacks to do a deathless run)

In general, palace dominus is just faceroll for my build - pop vaal discipline and he's dead before it's even over.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
THIS IS MY BUILD

Spoiler

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecMfQ18DY0OPBB_EVAUcRcvGjgabBslHNwdFB2qIvQksCW8Jwso-i9vNbk26DpSPfxCo0ZxRwZJUUuuVbVV1lfJWGNZ81xrXIpfP19qYVJk52aebAttGW6XcLtyqXase9d82X31fll_xoCkgseDCYO2hEiGYIbRhymMdo9Gj_qQVZMnm6Gdrp7Nn8uio6cIpyunMKyqtAy3MbiTwBrBBMHFwfPDbcRYxPbGnsbYz37Q0NkT2Vva3dvn37_hiOkC6hjquuvu7Bjw1fKc9kj3Mve-98H31_jr-ej60g==

I have problem with uber atziri with the normal monster. how can i improve my build for uber ( normal atziri is a joke, for atziri i use dishcarge,conc effect and life leech )
Last edited by maclarca on Dec 25, 2014, 12:32:05 PM
"
maclarca wrote:
THIS IS MY BUILD

Spoiler

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecMfQ18DY0OPBB_EVAUcRcvGjgabBslHNwdFB2qIvQksCW8Jwso-i9vNbk26DpSPfxCo0ZxRwZJUUuuVbVV1lfJWGNZ81xrXIpfP19qYVJk52aebAttGW6XcLtyqXase9d82X31fll_xoCkgseDCYO2hEiGYIbRhymMdo9Gj_qQVZMnm6Gdrp7Nn8uio6cIpyunMKyqtAy3MbiTwBrBBMHFwfPDbcRYxPbGnsbYz37Q0NkT2Vva3dvn37_hiOkC6hjquuvu7Bjw1fKc9kj3Mve-98H31_jr-ej60g==

I have problem with uber atziri with the normal monster. how can i improve my build for uber ( normal atziri is a joke, for atziri i use dishcarge,conc effect and life leech )

Drop RF, use an ES/spell damage shield, get enough STR on gear that you can drop meginord's vise for an ES pair of gloves.
Without rf My dps go down, i dont Know if i have the damage to Kill uber....for the gloves i'm thinking seriously to drop it but i need more Level, i have also a pair of acuity (For the crit variant. Void bringer is also good).
For the shield i was thinking to fine the ex to pick a mirrored es.
what do u think?
for a couple of monts i have play with this build just to fine the ex

looking in the inventory i found this

which one is better ? with thisa i arrive at around 7k es with 750 es regen,
my arc go down from 266-5000 with rise of phoenix and rf, to 146-2741

now i'll try normal atziri just to look how it works, and after i have to findo 85 more strenght on the tree to drop the meginord
Last edited by maclarca on Dec 26, 2014, 4:36:36 AM
"
maclarca wrote:
Without rf My dps go down, i dont Know if i have the damage to Kill uber....for the gloves i'm thinking seriously to drop it but i need more Level, i have also a pair of acuity (For the crit variant. Void bringer is also good).
what do u think?

now i'll try normal atziri just to look how it works, and after i have to findo 85 more strenght on the tree to drop the meginord

There's no point to use RF. Check my prevoius post, I've link there my stuff and skill tree. I've killed Uber with it without problems.

Both shields and boots are shitty - try to find something like:
(for sale - PM if intrested).
"
maclarca wrote:
what do u think?

Of course your DPS goes down without RF... but you can get more passive points into damage since you can drop some of those starting marauder life clusters. If running a blood magic version of this build with Shavronne's Revelation, you can also drop Zealot's Oath and Lust for Carnage and just use your Vitality aura for life regeneration.

This would free you up to use a tree like this

Unfortunatly, it is true that you are at a passive point disadvantage for non-RF versions of this build because you are playing as Marauder (Scion/Witch are the optimal non-RF classes), so you may find that you need a couple more levels as well (2 more levels would let you pick up 60 more strength on the tree, for example)

This is what my gear looks like, so you can see what I did to get away from Meginord's. Those shields you linked aren't very good for this build - you want at least a decent spell damage roll on your shield.

My gear for reference

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info