[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

Last edited by bigman20 on Aug 14, 2014, 12:15:50 PM
"
Kralael wrote:
I really hope they change that with the removal of so many + Max resists in the tree :(

Given that they put the Generosity gem into the game, I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the big reasons they lopped off the +Max Resist nodes, and potentially on a good note (but obviously not confirmed) it might also mean that enemy damage numbers have gotten a pass and lowered to more reasonable levels.

That all said, with the changes to the Witch area and other areas, has anyone perhaps given thought to doing this build without Righteous Fire? There are a lot more lightning damage nodes in the Witch area, and what about potential accessibility to Whispers of Doom to allow for double cursing? Maybe combos like EW/Enfeeble, EW/Conductivity, or even super defensive with Enfeeble/Temporal Chains?

Also, perhaps another thought (though will need to know about auras)...could there be potential for doing a low-life version of the build without RF but using the Blood Magic keystone along with Mortal Conviction? MC is now 50% LESS instead of 40% LESS, so that may open up some possibilities, not to mention the extra ES nodes that have been introduced. I know someone earlier in this thread ran a low-life build with just Blood Magic, and if mana costs for skills are getting a reduction across the board, then Molten Strike/Lightning Strike may be even easier to use?

And while I know this build is meant to be the 'rainbow nuke' by using Discharge, what about variations on that like double Arc or even double Ball Lightning? I know, I know, not as 'nukey', but could offer some alternatives?
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"
Kralael wrote:
I really hope they change that with the removal of so many + Max resists in the tree :(

Given that they put the Generosity gem into the game, I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the big reasons they lopped off the +Max Resist nodes, and potentially on a good note (but obviously not confirmed) it might also mean that enemy damage numbers have gotten a pass and lowered to more reasonable levels.
IMO RF can still be sustained, but will need a bit more work.

I have an approximation of a tree with more ES and far more regen than the previous iteration, which might be enough to sustain RF, if it doesn't get changed at all in 1.2.
"
Tanakeah wrote:
That all said, with the changes to the Witch area and other areas, has anyone perhaps given thought to doing this build without Righteous Fire? There are a lot more lightning damage nodes in the Witch area, and what about potential accessibility to Whispers of Doom to allow for double cursing? Maybe combos like EW/Enfeeble, EW/Conductivity, or even super defensive with Enfeeble/Temporal Chains?
I thought about that, but enemies die fast enough as it is, I don't really see a reason to spend 4 points getting the +1 curse on tree.
"
Tanakeah wrote:
Also, perhaps another thought (though will need to know about auras)...could there be potential for doing a low-life version of the build without RF but using the Blood Magic keystone along with Mortal Conviction? MC is now 50% LESS instead of 40% LESS, so that may open up some possibilities, not to mention the extra ES nodes that have been introduced. I know someone earlier in this thread ran a low-life build with just Blood Magic, and if mana costs for skills are getting a reduction across the board, then Molten Strike/Lightning Strike may be even easier to use?
If you're talking about this build then yes, I think it'll be as viable as this one, it'll just require either giving up on Curse on Hit for Life Gain on Hit, or managing to corrupt a pair of gloves with Ele Weakness on hit and save a slot on the 6L for something else.
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
93% fire res should be enough to run RF + BR as long as you pick up the extra life regen nodes in the marauder area... you just won't be able to run RF in vulnerability/half-regen maps anymore, and a level 21 Purity of Fire + Level 3 empower + RotP will be mandatory.

Here's my idea for the build at level 91; unsure if the 1% life regen in templar area will be necessary or not... also I may be short a few dexterity points; not sure.

Current 1.2 theory
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 14, 2014, 2:17:21 PM
@Jiaozy:

Yup, that's the build I was looking for. I might try that with dual cursing just to see if it will work with what I have in mind, since I'll be pathing through that part of the tree anyway. If it doesn't work out then it's a simple matter of taking out those points and putting them elsewhere, though will have to make some adjustments for auras and how much ES I'll need. Getting both Unwavering Stance and Iron Reflexes will also be a bit of a pain, but...nothing ventured, nothing gained in trying.
Just wait, Goat has a tree layout and is testing a ton of stuff. He will come up with the best possible tree. As of now it looks like we actually gain more ES and more regen, While being able to sustain RF + BR.. I think he said we need to be around lvl 94 tho.
Last edited by Starzee on Aug 14, 2014, 9:19:43 PM
sooo... is this newbie friendly? xD
"
standalone09 wrote:

Not really; it requires ~150 exalts of gear as the bare minimum to do the "budget" version of the build.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
standalone09 wrote:

Not really; it requires ~150 exalts of gear as the bare minimum to do the "budget" version of the build.

I dont think it was meant as a real question... :p
sooo... can anybody spare 150 exalts? xD

edit: i checked it got 3 exalts so i only need 147 :P
Last edited by standalone09 on Aug 15, 2014, 9:16:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info