[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
maclarca wrote:
i oprefer using BM/MC... i need to revisit my build to do atziri. I know i need vaal pact for it, but i also need life regen....i'm a bit confused now

You are going to have to rely on Lust for Carnage and any other life gain on hit that you can get, and you probably also need to carry a life pot (biggest downside to BM/MC).

I cannot tell you how many times this precise flask setup has saved my life, and I cannot imagine changing it for anything:
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 1, 2015, 8:02:40 AM
I'll try it, i need 5 more pointa to pick all that passive.

But why u use the atziri's flask ?
My build uses BM/MC and while it's the RT variant and not the crit one, I find that just 2% life regen from the tree is more than sufficient to sustain my attacks. Granted, this means I cannot do 'no regen' maps, but I hate those anyway and don't bother with them. 'Half-regen' is also doable but sometimes I just have to slow down a tiny bit to let my life catch up, but it's generally not a problem...ES regen even with Leech usually is. I also don't need to run a Vitality aura, either.

I am seriously considering trying out a RRRBGG variant on my Shav's to socket in Warlord's Mark instead of Elemental Weakness and keep the Lightning Penetration gem within my Mjolner. Only problem...to test that out...NEED to get those colors and 5 off colors in a Shav's isn't exactly...easy. :\
Last edited by Tanakeah on Mar 1, 2015, 8:29:28 AM
"
maclarca wrote:

Because it's good. 15% increased damage and a little more life leeched since we do only elemental damage and it's a chaos res flask that can always be usefull.
Last edited by manu91xd on Mar 1, 2015, 1:36:02 PM
"
maclarca wrote:

It provides substantial extra life leech in scenarios such as:
+75% lightning resist maps
-max ele reflect maps
Pretty much anything super dangerous (e.g. Vaal Temple Trio with bad mods) where you need to constantly leech from half (or less) life to full instantly and continually.

Where it really shines is in -max maps vs ele reflect packs as it is often the difference between damaging yourself vs leeching life.

"
Tanakeah wrote:
My build uses BM/MC and while it's the RT variant and not the crit one, I find that just 2% life regen from the tree is more than sufficient to sustain my attacks. Granted, this means I cannot do 'no regen' maps, but I hate those anyway and don't bother with them. 'Half-regen' is also doable but sometimes I just have to slow down a tiny bit to let my life catch up, but it's generally not a problem...ES regen even with Leech usually is. I also don't need to run a Vitality aura, either.

I am seriously considering trying out a RRRBGG variant on my Shav's to socket in Warlord's Mark instead of Elemental Weakness and keep the Lightning Penetration gem within my Mjolner. Only problem...to test that out...NEED to get those colors and 5 off colors in a Shav's isn't exactly...easy. :\

Yeah BM/MC only presents a problem in this regard if you are running Vaal Pact and cannot rely on any form of regeneration to sustain your attacks.

I really want to try it as well, but the expected average chromatic cost is ~15 exalts (3K chroms). It IS easy to test what it would be like vs hexproof mobs, though - just socket lightning penetration instead of life leech and see how things go. I really didn't like how that felt in an elemental reflect map.
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 1, 2015, 5:49:01 PM
Hey, are there any updated trees for witch? The trees on first page are all broken.
I've never run bloodmagic node before, are you able to run 6 auras on life?
"
Zhentarim wrote:
Hey, are there any updated trees for witch? The trees on first page are all broken.

With blood magic you can run 6 auras, with the non blood magic you have to drop haste.

This is a vaal pact blood magic variant.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAecMfQ18DY0OPBB_EQ8RUBRxFy8aOBslHNwdFCL0JLAlvCcLJ6ko-io4L281uTboOlJCo0ZxRtdHBklRS65XKVfJWK9Z81xrXIpfamFSZp5sC20Zbpdwu3GFcql4DXvXfNl99X5Zfq9_xoCkgseDCYO2hEiGYIbRhymMdo0Zj0aP-pBVkyeboZ_LoqOnCKcrpzCpbqyYrKq0DLcxuJPAGsHFwfPDbcT2xp7Q0NkT2VvZX9rd2-fdjN-K37Dfv-AS4YjpAuoY6rrr7uwY8NXynPcy97731_jr-tI=

You can adjust it based on your gear.

For a mana based check tackle70 version.
"
Zhentarim wrote:

My current tree @ level 98 (mana/vaal pact variant). Should be trivial to adjust to work for Witch. Just take the spell damage nodes at the start of the witch tree instead of scion spell dmg starting nodes, and connect through the tree with the ES/mana regen node in Witch.

Witch winds up with a small advantage in spell damage over scion due to stronger starting nodes.
OK... so just ran a few maps testing my idea of curse on hit / warlord's mark / lightning pen / Vaal Pact. Big thanks to Teires1as for loaning me the RRRGGB Shavs.

Modified gear/gem setup
I no longer have the RRRGGB shavs, but it was used with Curse On Hit - Warlord's Mark - GMP - Faster Attacks - Multistrike - Lightning Strike/Molten Strike

Here's how the rest of the gear wound up:

Modified tree.

Here are some thoughts pro/con:
+ Map bosses absolutely melt when you use lightning penetration. You can indeed kill bosses like Palace Dominus in roughly 3 seconds (at least without a mod like Enfeeble)
+ It's definitely more powerful for non-hexproof maps. It feels like what I hoped - a more powerful variant with equal survivability.
+ You will have slightly better overall clear speed
+ Life pot not needed if you use the gem setup followed above (left me with a bit over 300 life)

- Hexproof maps are going to be doable but dangerous. If you hit a bad combo of rare enemies in a hexproof map (say... ele reflect + other allies cannot die) you will probably eventually die.
- Minus Max + Elemental Reflect maps are probably too dangerous to do, because if you encounter a hexproof pack, you are likely to die.
- You will need to use the life leech gem if you want to do Uber
- Life pot needed if you empower/enhance all your auras/heralds. If you link Blood Magic in your Blood Rage link, you also have to be careful if there's a herald/aura there (196% mana multiplier from BM).

Conclusions:
1) It's definitely not worth spending the chroms to 5-off your shavs for this variant.
2) If you already have a 5-off shavs laying around, this variant is worth trying and I recommend it. You get a slightly faster clear speed and MUCH easier fights against map bosses at the expense of needing to be a bit more careful of which map mods you run.
3) You can always just rechrome your Mjolner and socket Life Leech again for dangerous maps (hexproof etc). That should get rid of pretty much all the cons.

>>> EDIT <<<

Here's the video of why you'd want to use this build. (sorry for no audio) Palace Dom dies in ~3 seconds (I kill him before Vaal Discipline expires - notice how his touch of God isn't all that dangerous when VD is up).

>>> EDIT #2 <<<
So, I figured I'd test out a normal Blood Magic / Mortal Conviction variant while I was at it. I was hugely underimpressed, given how popular it seems to have been since 1.2. I ran with my normal setup except that the helmet was Reduced Mana-Purity of Ice-Haste-Vaal Discipline instead of the normal RM-PoI-BM-Clarity.

The result was that I had just 73 life left, which would mean carrying a life pot OR removing the Blood Magic gem from the boots, at which point Haste isn't really helping your setup outside of a little extra movement speed. I personally don't think that running Haste is worth sacrificing one of my flasks, and I didn't feel like I was gaining anything when I removed BM from the Blood Rage links, so I just went back to my normal mana variant.

If they ever fix the feature/bug where quality from BM gem applies to Blood Rage, this variant would be better. As it is, just seems like a lot of hassle for nothing. It winds up costing you 3 passive points (lust for carnage cluster) to get a little move speed from Haste. I can see why people liked it when MC was 60% less, but at 50% less... no thanks.
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 4, 2015, 12:09:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info