[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

Well, I just wanted to thank this thread for all the help even though I have yet to post. At level 84 I got my first ever Atziri kill and it went pretty smooth. I died a few times to her but made it to her with nary a scratch.

Level 84 was important b/c I finally made the switch to BM and was able to get up 7 auras and switched out my meginord's vise to the below gloves getting my ES to 7.5k. I'll probably go back to leveling now before taking on Atziri again but tonight was a milestone night and I wanted to share and just thank the active posters who helped me out tremendously. Gear is below.

I will ask for input on my shield. Will I be crippled long run not having Spell Damage? If so I can back out the LES/BSR mod I eternal'd and go for Spell Damage but I'm really proud of this shield and worry about how many eternals I would need for top SD.

Thanks!

Spoiler

"
ChaseX13 wrote:
Well, I just wanted to thank this thread for all the help even though I have yet to post. At level 84 I got my first ever Atziri kill and it went pretty smooth. I died a few times to her but made it to her with nary a scratch.

Level 84 was important b/c I finally made the switch to BM and was able to get up 7 auras and switched out my meginord's vise to the below gloves getting my ES to 7.5k. I'll probably go back to leveling now before taking on Atziri again but tonight was a milestone night and I wanted to share and just thank the active posters who helped me out tremendously. Gear is below.

I will ask for input on my shield. Will I be crippled long run not having Spell Damage? If so I can back out the LES/BSR mod I eternal'd and go for Spell Damage but I'm really proud of this shield and worry about how many eternals I would need for top SD.

Thanks!

Spoiler

Man that shield is amazing. For sure you loose some spell damage but you can spend some more passive points on final levels in it since you won't need many ES nodes.

Btw i would drop wrath and put blood rage. Tha way you can drop also some mana reservation nodes. I don't feel it's worth to boost the damage on lightning strike with this build. But well you could also just drop portal to make space for BR.
I am trying to adapt either a witch or templar build out of what I've read in here as of the 1.3 changes. From what I've read it sounds like Witch has the slight edge with current Mjolner builds over Scion and Templar. Tackle70 has been an EXCELLENT resource in trying to help us craft an effective Mjolner build. Using his advice, I have come up with this for a witch variant:

Tackle70's most recent Scion build: (From his post on page 114)

My Witch adaptation (Any advice?)

Is it possible to run this build as a templar? Something in my just thought a templar wielding Mjolner would be badass but if it sacrifices too many good nodes I'll let that dream go.

How is my witch build? Has anyone tried to run this build as a templar? Thanks in advance for the help!
Last edited by Durinth on Mar 15, 2015, 2:54:37 PM
"
Durinth wrote:
I am trying to adapt either a witch or templar build out of what I've read in here as of the 1.3 changes. From what I've read it sounds like Witch has the slight edge with current Mjolner builds over Scion and Templar. Tackle70 has been an EXCELLENT resource in trying to help us craft an effective Mjolner build. Using his advice, I have come up with this for a witch variant:

Tackle70's most recent Scion build: (From his post on page 114)

My Witch adaptation (Any advice?)

Is it possible to run this build as a templar? Something in my just thought a templar wielding Mjolner would be badass but if it sacrifices too many good nodes I'll let that dream go.

How is my witch build? Has anyone tried to run this build as a templar? Thanks in advance for the help!

If you intend to get the additional +2% maximum resistances from level 23 purities, you will need to spend 4 passive points to pick up Influence plus one additional 6% increased aura effect node.

It would be possible to do the build as a templar without too much disadvantage, you'd probably want to just take the elemental/spell damage nodes toward Retribution, then use the +10 dex line to get into the main "highways" for the rest of the build. I've not worked out an entire tree, but my guess is that Templar would be a bit like Scion - perfectly fine for the build while being slightly inferior to witch.

Really, the only classes that are "bad" for this build are the 3 in the bottom of the tree which do not have spell/elemental damage starting nodes - the Marauder, Duelist, and Ranger. Witch, Scion, Templar, and Shadow are all good. Marauder and Duelist would be workable but at ~5-6 passive point disadvantages. Ranger is basically not viable, since Ranger is sitting on like a 10 point disadvantage.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 16, 2015, 12:45:07 PM
Last edited by manu91xd on Mar 16, 2015, 1:30:07 PM
I crunched some numbers using your guys advice to come up with these three builds for templar, shadow, and witch. Increased damage was calculated by adding the following: Spell damage + elemental damage + elemental damage with spells + lightning damage bonuses.

Templar:
Energy Shield: 177%
Increased damage: 216%

Shadow:
Energy Shield: 171%
Increased damage: 242%

Witch:
Energy Shield: 171%
Increased damage: 246%

Based on these numbers, witch has a slight dps edge over shadow and a significant edge over templar. Templar has the most energy shield but not by much with shadow and witch having the same.
Last edited by Durinth on Mar 16, 2015, 4:57:24 PM
@tackle70

Is it possible to run the Build with Shavs R-BB-GGG ?
Not sure how to swap Gems that its still possible to run the auras.
Last edited by Nyurael on Mar 19, 2015, 3:23:49 PM
"
@tackle70

Is it possible to run the Build with Shavs R-BB-GGG ?
Not sure how to swap Gems that its still possible to run the auras.

I don't think so. Not with a bunch of enhanced/empowered auras anyways. Better to just rechrome the shavs.

If you don't care about empower/enhance then you get a lot more flexibility on how you arrange your auras, though.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
argh -.-

RRR-BBB is a color setup only for this build.
would love to use my shav in more then just 1 build . . .

What About RR-BB-GG ?
Last edited by Nyurael on Mar 23, 2015, 4:17:08 AM
with RR BB GG you could put the lightning strike set in the chest with curse on hit.
Of course that way you can't empower all the auras. Personally i do that way. I empower purity of lightning and of fire and enhance blood rage and herald of thunder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info