[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

Here's mine:

I use it mainly for mapping, so I'm enjoying the Headhunter, but because of that headhunter, I have to use Life Leech gem with my Arc + Discharge, so I lose a lot of dps.

Gear:
Spoiler

As for my tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAADH0NfA48EH8RDxFQFHEXLxmKGjgajxslHNwdFB1PHaofxySwJbwnCyepKPotHy2LL280CjW5OlJGcUbXRwZJUUuuTLNQMFXWV8lZ81xrXIpfamFSZOdmnmh0bRlvnnC7cYVyqXvXfNl-WX6vf8aApILHgwmDtoRIhmCG0Y0Zj0aP-pBVkyeUoJUgm6GbtaKjpyusmKyqsUK0DMAawcXB88M6w23GnspK0NDYTdkT2VvZX9pi2rnbXtvn3Yzfv-AS4YjpAuoY6rrsGPDV8xH22vcy99f46_no-tL7CQ==

That passive allow me to get a bit higher % resist from Purities. Although I stand at 7.2k ES (Getting a shield with 200 more ES could change that).

I mainly get rekt by reflect, when I don't tone down my dps or pop my potions.

Using way too many auras, but since I hate seing a partially reserved health bar, I just can't stand having +100 life unreserved.

Auras:
Spoiler

-Discipline
-Purity of fire
-Purity of Ice
-Purity of lighning
-Purity of elements
-Herald of ash
-Herald of thunder
-Haste
-Vitality

Topping that with Bloodrage :)

Anybody has critical comments ? trying to improve it. I should get +1 gems rainbowstride GGBR to give enhance and Herald of thunder more quality and levels. hard to fin with thoses colors.
To those running a BM/MC variant, I have two questions:

1) How much LGoH do you need to sustain attacking if you are not using vitality for life regen? Is Lust for Carnage (= 4 LGoH) sufficient? Do you need to keep a life pot on you at all times?

2) Can you run the following with enough life over to attack (everything linked to level 20 reduced mana btw)?
*Empowered Purity of Ice, Fire, Lightning, and Discipline
*Enhanced Herald of Thunder

My math is telling me that winds up reserving about 70% of your life with 26% reduced reservation on the tree, but I just want to double check.

I am toying around with the idea of switching to a BM/MC variant of this build in order to test the following:
- Keep Vaal Pact
- Use Lightning Penetration instead of Life Leech
- Use main attack in a 5-off shavs with Curse on Hit, using Warlord's Mark

I'd have to use a BM/MC version of the build to do this, though, as I'd need the gem slots which are presently occupied by Blood Magic gems.

Any thoughts? To those of you looking to make this build even more GG, I **think** that this would be the best way to do that, even more than using a Headhunter; at least, if LGoH gem is not needed. Chroming 5-off on a shavs is a bitch but shouldn't cost 100+ exalts.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 26, 2015, 8:58:14 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
To those running a BM/MC variant, I have two questions:

1) How much LGoH do you need to sustain attacking if you are not using vitality for life regen? Is Lust for Carnage (= 4 LGoH) sufficient? Do you need to keep a life pot on you at all times?

2) Can you run the following with enough life over to attack (everything linked to level 20 reduced mana btw)?
*Empowered Purity of Ice, Fire, Lightning, and Discipline
*Enhanced Herald of Thunder

My math is telling me that winds up reserving about 70% of your life with 26% reduced reservation on the tree, but I just want to double check.

I am toying around with the idea of switching to a BM/MC variant of this build in order to test the following:
- Keep Vaal Pact
- Use Lightning Penetration instead of Life Leech
- Use main attack in a 5-off shavs with Curse on Hit, using Warlord's Mark

I'd have to use a BM/MC version of the build to do this, though, as I'd need the gem slots which are presently occupied by Blood Magic gems.

Any thoughts? To those of you looking to make this build even more GG, I **think** that this would be the best way to do that, even more than using a Headhunter; at least, if LGoH gem is not needed. Chroming 5-off on a shavs is a bitch but shouldn't cost 100+ exalts.

I'm generally OK attacking with just the Lust for Carnage cluster. I dont carry a life pot with me. At times when I use Lightning Strike on exiles or tough rares, I might run out of Life to attack due to the lower number of hits from Lightning Strike on single targets. But typically I will just smack the next mob with 1-2 normal attacks and my Life typically regens to full when arc/discharge procs. For bosses though, would recommend swapping to Molten Strike which procs numerous hits even for single targets.

I personally run the following auras on level 20 reduced mana:
- empowered Purity of Fire and Lightning
- herald of thunder, herald of ice, discipline, haste, Purity of Ice

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAecMfQ18DY0OPBB_EVAUcRVQFy8aOBslHNwdFCL0JLAlvCcLJ6ko-io4LKYvbzW5Nug3gzpSQqNEq0ZxRtdHBklRS65VrlcpV8lYr1nzXGtcil9qYVJk52aebAttGW6XcLtxhXKpdqx4DXvXfNl-WX_GgKSCEILHgwmDtoRIhmCG0YcpjHaPRo-mj_qQVZDWkyeboZ_LoqOm66cIpyunMKlurKq0DLcxuJPAGsHFwfPDbcaez37Q0NkT2Vva3dvn34rfsN-_4YjpAuoY6rrr7uwY8NXynPcy97731_jr-tI=

I have 160 life unreserved and that generally works for me. Given that you are not running Herald of Ice and Haste, that should enable you to run the 5 auras you listed.

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be better to run Curse on Hit Ele weakness and the life leech gem rather than Warlord's mark and lightning penetration gem? Lightning penetrations caps out at 35% while 20/20 elemental weakness reduces all resistances by 47%. Similarly life leech gems puts us at 8.8% while the warlord's mark curse is at 6.9% leech. Only benefit of warlord's mark is potentially more EC on kills.

Cheers.
The POE aura calculator created by mikelat should prove useful as well.

https://poe.mikelat.com/#
"
eugenez wrote:
I'm generally OK attacking with just the Lust for Carnage cluster. I dont carry a life pot with me. At times when I use Lightning Strike on exiles or tough rares, I might run out of Life to attack due to the lower number of hits from Lightning Strike on single targets. But typically I will just smack the next mob with 1-2 normal attacks and my Life typically regens to full when arc/discharge procs. For bosses though, would recommend swapping to Molten Strike which procs numerous hits even for single targets.

I personally run the following auras on level 20 reduced mana:
- empowered Purity of Fire and Lightning
- herald of thunder, herald of ice, discipline, haste, Purity of Ice

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAecMfQ18DY0OPBB_EVAUcRVQFy8aOBslHNwdFCL0JLAlvCcLJ6ko-io4LKYvbzW5Nug3gzpSQqNEq0ZxRtdHBklRS65VrlcpV8lYr1nzXGtcil9qYVJk52aebAttGW6XcLtxhXKpdqx4DXvXfNl-WX_GgKSCEILHgwmDtoRIhmCG0YcpjHaPRo-mj_qQVZDWkyeboZ_LoqOm66cIpyunMKlurKq0DLcxuJPAGsHFwfPDbcaez37Q0NkT2Vva3dvn34rfsN-_4YjpAuoY6rrr7uwY8NXynPcy97731_jr-tI=

I have 160 life unreserved and that generally works for me. Given that you are not running Herald of Ice and Haste, that should enable you to run the 5 auras you listed.

Thanks. I already use molten strike against bosses so i figured it wouldn't be an issue; was more curious if lightning strike ran into problems often vs rare mobs. I'll definitely run Haste if I can find a gem slot for it, but not sure I can.

"
Just a thought, but wouldn't it be better to run Curse on Hit Ele weakness and the life leech gem rather than Warlord's mark and lightning penetration gem? Lightning penetrations caps out at 35% while 20/20 elemental weakness reduces all resistances by 47%. Similarly life leech gems puts us at 8.8% while the warlord's mark curse is at 6.9% leech. Only benefit of warlord's mark is potentially more EC on kills.

I don't think so. Lightning penetration DOMINATES ele weakness when it matters most - against overcapped bosses, where ele weakness does literally nothing. Only time I could see ele weakness being better would be in a +75% lightning resist map against the normal mobs. I used the OP's 6L setup with ele weakness back in 1.1 and honestly, I think it's a waste of two gem slots.

I'm mostly looking for a way to boost my kill times on Shrine Piety, Palace Dominus, and Vaal Temple Trio where (in a difficult enough map) every split second they're alive is a risk of RIP. Ele Weakness won't help anything with that, while Lightning Penetration will. In particular, I'm trying to guarantee a sub-3 second kill time on Palace Dominus so I can just facetank him with Vaal Discipline up, regardless of map mods.

But I gotta test all this; it's quite possible that loss of leech (as you point out) will be a deal breaker - ele reflect could become dangerous again (very bad) or the leech may not be enough against bosses to stay on full HP due to reduced curse effect on bosses (also very bad). It's also possible that it will make hexproof mobs/maps too dangerous (badddddddd).

But I've got about 80 ex sitting around from mapping to 98 and there's literally no way to improve my gear outside of saving up like 300+ ex for a 1% lightning leech mjolner, so I figure why not rechrome my shavs to 5-off and test :)
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 27, 2015, 12:55:52 AM
I think it's a really good idea.
Personally i always keep a life flask in case of emergency but i almost never use it.
About haste, maybe the only way to save a slot for it would be to use a ring with a slot for vaal discipline with your setup.

Maybe another idea to boost the dmg vs bosses would be to have 5 offcolor with 3g 2r 1b using moltenstrike-multistrike-faster attack-gmp-lmp-concentrated effect in order to increase number of casts and (increasing both attack speed and number of projectiles). But I don't know if it will be enough to save 3 seconds on dominus.
Last edited by manu91xd on Feb 27, 2015, 2:49:23 AM
i don't use lust for carnage. I swap it for vitality and i don't have problem with life regen.

it's good to use lmp+gmp+FA+moltenstrike ( lightning strike)+curse on hit+ warlord's mark ?

"
tackle70 wrote:
I don't think so. Lightning penetration DOMINATES ele weakness when it matters most - against overcapped bosses, where ele weakness does literally nothing. Only time I could see ele weakness being better would be in a +75% lightning resist map against the normal mobs. I used the OP's 6L setup with ele weakness back in 1.1 and honestly, I think it's a waste of two gem slots.

Agreed on this. Penetration would trump ele weakness as it directly reduces max res. Only concern as you rightly pointed out would be in hexproof maps and mods. Let us know how that works for you! I started this build running Life Leech gem and Vaal Pact and never really experienced the dps with Lightning Pen.

You can reference my gear and gem set-up below as well on how to fit 7 auras. Going Blood Magic helps to free up gem slots. I had to make the tough call to remove blood magic/enhance for Blood Rage as well as Vaal Discipline. Felt reasonably tanky at 8.5k ES. Decided to keep Leap Slam as I cant do without that utility, especially for maps like Shrine. From a QOL and clear speed perspective, I actually appreciate not having to curse separately.

Do let me know if you have any thoughts on any obvious cost-effective ways which I can optimize my gear. Recently upgraded to Level 21 Arc,Discharge,POF and POL.

Thanks.

Spoiler
Thanks guys. I should ding 98 in a couple days and then I'll work on testing this and post back here once I do :)

"
maclarca wrote:
it's good to use lmp+gmp+FA+moltenstrike ( lightning strike)+curse on hit+ warlord's mark ?

I think so but I'll confirm once I've tested.
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 27, 2015, 11:03:07 AM
Also, could one of you rich folks please craft a shield with these exact mods but all T1? Pretty please? It's driving me nuts that there are no upgrades out there. Nobody has made any GG Mjolner crafts and I don't have thousands of exalts to do it :(

Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 27, 2015, 11:03:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info