1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Im a beginner and i want to know if this build is recommended for a new player without any gear?
Well, unless you plan on going through the game stark naked, the answer is a big 'no'. If you mean can you get by on the cheap, basically you're buying into the same point made by a previous poster concerning the expense of the gear. It largely depends on how far you want to progress. For a reasonably minimal amount of currency you can get to the mid game point fairly effortlessly, but after that you're going to want to steady improve on your gear through farming for currency or being lucky enough to land good gear. To reach the end of Merciless you'd probably need to outlay somewhere between 5 - 10 exalts eventually, though you can easily spend a hell of a lot more along the way too! There are cheaper ways to go about your first build, but you're doing the right thing though by looking around for someone else's template as a beginner.
Last edited by timbo1959 on Aug 5, 2014, 2:17:14 PM
So any other suggested build for a beginner?
this build is fine to get into beginning maps. If you wish to progress into 7X maps you will have to put some investment, as with almost any build. I have taken fresh start variations (weaker then the posted one) up through 72 maps. I simply stopped progressing from there cause after 3 MS builds, its kind of time to start something else :). Everything a new player needs is in the guide. Will a new player be able to incorporate everything properly? Probably not.

If you really want a cheap no cost build consider dual flame totems, searing bond, maybe even raging spirits. I find those builds boring as hell so I don't know much about them.

It wont matter really what build you run. Being new means you need to go through the learning phases first and no matter what you will probably be RIPing a good bit.

Edit: you can check out my Bringer of Rain testing comment and you can see my progression through the 3 difficulties. Things like currency found, weapon uses, stats, etc.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Aug 6, 2014, 3:42:19 AM
Kartikdon is completely right i got up to level 75 with pretty small outlay,
I crafted this chest, which dropped with brutus on act1 merciless and this sceptre I found in the imperial gardens. The chest could be bought for 15c the mace probably 1c. The other weapons i used can be bought cheaply from xyz.poe . What I would recommend is start a Marauader (Molten strike quest reward is really early), and see if you like the skill. If you don't you get a free passive reset in just 2 weeks. Otherwise I would recommend Righteous Fire (Nifler's guide is pretty good) you can even start the passive tree the same for both, going to resolute techniques.
On another note anyone used Enduring cry + spell echo, has to be manually cast but 5 endurance charges, 7s low lvl immortal call, its pretty OP. Here's the items with the gems.
Gd luck Fhark
Last edited by Fhark on Aug 6, 2014, 10:54:24 PM
Updates:
1) Added links to Arsenaldo's Aztiri killing advice. (I am terribly sorry this took so long to be posted. I thought I had already linked it a while ago). Please let me know if there are any other links to post regarding your build.

2)Added a currecny/Recipe guide by community member Fhark who wrote up a nice bit on basic currency exchange rates as well as some nice vendor recipes.
"
On another note anyone used Enduring cry + spell echo, has to be manually cast but 5 endurance charges, 7s low lvl immortal call, its pretty OP. Here's the items with the gems.

Ive seen some people mention that you also stand still for the echoed spel effectively doubling the cast time. Can you confirm this ?
Yes it works. I run it on my burning discharge character to get 7 charges instantly
Give me a while to get the beta for the 1.2 skill tree up. The skill tree was just released, no need to PM me asking for the update.
This is my 1.2.0 tree for the build (icons are messed up, but data are correct):
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_8wbBBOOfoLRVtWvZJy_7qp7NFPbvDtIhpzCGO7yfVw04UwHnFCDM29lhIq826FBHi08ZLnbnZKM6UhiRJ-0aVTJ-rKr8S3nAYSFyqVnzbBaE73zZwBqHGV4TdO2bg5BVZp4byMOGeu-nhPrSr41DMeeRYEsaOH7iNum2QayvBS3sOIBWqZUkquNqTipX4k99Fm9brymld-UyiVFg3Q0Es5AK_MUUTfAfAnFW-megogDFirT5FHWHdq9spMJKfenVDPdeHw==

With Aegis Aurora (34% block chance) and tempest shield I can reach exactly 75 % block chance, but the new tree does not have the node with 12 % block chance applied to spells. Also with the + max resists node changes, it may be more difficult to survive compared with 1.1.X. It is better to grab more life.

Currently I am using these uniques (still leveling up, gems are not set):

Later will use this too:

There are only 4 pieces of gear can possibly give you flat life: two rings, gloves and Lightning Coil. Assuming all gives 80 life on average, that is 320 life, total of 360 life with normal oak's quest reward.

After some calculation, for level 90 and 250% increased maximum life from the old tree, the new % life increased needed to maintain my current life pool is 170. The tree at the top has 188 % increased maximum life, I hope that 18 % extra life can neglect the spell block and max resists problems. If it is not enough I can always dump the damage nodes and go up for the life nodes (5 % + 5 % + 10 %) close to Ranger area.

For those who does not use too many uniques but many rares that give total of around 600 life, for level 90 and 250% increased maximum life from the old tree, you need about 180% increased maximum life to maintain the current life pool.

(Not native speaker, ask if not understand)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info