1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Can someone post a tree for this build for players that use 2 handed maces for it?
b/c the build links used PoE Builder - they no longer work as they have updated their passive tree. I will post a 1.1.5 tree up in a bit.

update: Added - only did a base version though.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Aug 14, 2014, 11:55:44 PM
1.2 Passive Tree Added - In Beta Phase... I have only glanced at the tree and have not familiarized myself with where everything is.

There is many small tweaks you can do with this passive tree version to make your own. Though the passive tree is strong, and not complete, it can serve more as a base/guideline for your own builds more then ever.
The new skill tree didn't change this build that much. I made a tree to level 90 which is my current Molten Strike Toon. You definitely have to get some Int on gear but that isn't really difficult. With my current gear it's at 123 which is 10 more than needed. I cant use a corrupted Stone of Lazhwar with this because of the needed Int but not a big deal.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_8wbBBOOfoLRVtWvZJy-ezRT27w7SIacwhjtXDThTAecUINlhIq826FBHGS5252SjOlIYkSftGlUyfqyq_EthIXKpWfNsFoTvfNnAGocZdO2bg5BVZp5676eE-tKvjWBLGjh-4jbptkGsrwUt7DiAVqmV42pOKlfiT31br3flMolRYN0NBLP8xRRN8B9W-megogDFirT5FHWHdq9spMJKfenVDPdeH8AP1e1qk25pvqfSTYTZWNtT32VNFFKQCueRw4b7qnnAR368n-RR

If I do this build in the new league I will probably go 2 hand with Blood Magic Passive until I'm higher level and get better gear. I did this before and it was easy leveling. You don't have to respec that many points.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_wQTjn1W1a9knL57NFPbvDtIhpzCGO1cNOFMUINlhIq826FBHGS5252SjOlIYkSftGlUyfqyq_EthIXKpWfNsFoTvfNnAGocZdO2QVWaeeu-nhPrSr41gSxo4Num2QQUt7Djjak4qV-Jbr3flMondDQSz_MUUTfAfVvpnoKIAFHWHdqTCSn3AD9XtapNuab6n0k2E2WVNFFJHfryfFHHfv6mUkGyHaqloDjyfyw==
Last edited by BigSmelly on Aug 15, 2014, 2:20:24 AM
I would grab the wrecking ball cluster, dude ^^^
I'm absolutely gonna try this build out for 1.2.0. Already got Doryani's Belt and Catalyst for a detonate dead Templar I'm most likely retiring for 1.2. Just gotta get me some leveling stuff. But getting the goal of relatively decent priced multi resist ele damage rings, or a 6L rare strength armor would be something hopefully obtained later on.
Well the big deal for those who went with the Three Dragons concept is that this side of the build is now well and truly dead given that Static Blows has now been moved over to the Witch/Shadow area on the new skill tree. In fact that whole top left corner of the original build has been affected a great deal,and part of the flow on is that keeping up Intelligence is going to be a tad more difficult.

Blocking has also been affected, and the numbers will have to be chased elsewhere.
Last edited by timbo1959 on Aug 17, 2014, 3:20:02 PM
yeah shock is dead but we have massive boost to overall weapon damage so its kind of a wash, if not a bit of an increase. Definitely more up-front damage resulting in faster trash clearing.

Three Dragons was only a means for boosted damage until you went for Atziri. Now you simple do not need the helm giving you a slot for more HP and optimized resits.

Blocking is not an issue really anyways as well. Still quite viable to reach capped block.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Aug 18, 2014, 1:54:42 AM
Hello. Is this build doable for a beginner with little hardcore experience? I was also interested in the RF one. Which one would be more suitable for a beginner?
Hi chocobar, right now its a bit up in the air, righteous fire isn't suffering as much as people thought with life even though some gear swaps will be inevitable. The thing is max (I believe) + 4 fire resist has been replaced by +1 fire resist. The numbers look ok based on a buff to life regen but I would wait till after patch to check it. Honestly I would recommend both for a beginner.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info