1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Timbo these are my stats, Armour, No aura: 8193 Determination: 12944 Grace: 12520 Both: 19871 Going 3 auras is a bit of a commitment, Arsenaldo has made a build that works, will have to see if mine does. Will only find out about lvl 89-90 when I try out Atziri. Ultimately with the gear you have I would look out for a high armour, life, resists and energy shield helmet. Then with only 2 passives and a lvl 20 mana reduced (im pretty sure:) you can run tempest shield on top of 2 auras. If youve got unwavering stance then the 5% red mana and 8% inc effect is your best bet (otherwise 12%radius then 4%red mana res at Soverignty). If i find a good helmet will let you know.
Last edited by Fhark on Aug 2, 2014, 9:11:00 PM
nice build!

i've got a question regarding the three dragons combo and pls forgive if it as already been asked:

what if i don't use that helmet but provide any source of lightning damage on my equipment would that shock enemies as well?
Last edited by Optimyst on Aug 2, 2014, 5:52:58 PM
I have only 3 Problems with this build.

Doranys Sceptre and Belt are pretty expensive

Also the Aurora Shield.
registered since September 8, 2012 played 892 Hours pays 0$ (need to change that)

Guild:
Sportfreunde Wraeclast (best Guild in PoE)
/global 4745 - deutscher Chat
I can certainly relate, because it's not quite as bargain-basement a build as it appears on first reading. But it's all relative and the simple fact is that there's next to no build out there that can give you end game ability on the cheap - if there was everyone would do them. While I'm personally a big fan of self found leagues that eliminate the tedium of farming/trading and allow you to build up through quest rewards, etc, the fact is that as things stand you really have no other option other that to build up to the gear you really need by taking up the cudgels and hitting the farming zones and building up your currency.

In the greater scheme of things Doryani's scepter and belt aren't that expensive and you don't necessarily need the Aegis Aurora - plenty of people get very high in the game with just a Lioneye's remorse, which can be be had for much less than AA. I personally got by with a mirror shield for quite some way until I saved up enough to buy an Aegis. And while a five or 6 link Lightning Coil is highly recommended for this build (you can get the lesser one for 3 - 4 ex, the other for around 30 - 35 ex) there are plenty who do very well with chest armour you could pick up for less than 1 ex.

Best of luck
Last edited by timbo1959 on Aug 3, 2014, 9:40:22 AM
"
Zhantesuken wrote:

Also the Aurora Shield.

Scepter is only a couple of Ex, no? Same with belt.

The Aurora Shield is not mandatory. Just preferred i'm assuming.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
The build does not require such items to do well. It is merely recommended for those who want to take it to the next level.
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Zhantesuken wrote:

Also the Aurora Shield.

Scepter is only a couple of Ex, no? Same with belt.

The Aurora Shield is not mandatory. Just preferred i'm assuming.

Ex are not Expensiv?
registered since September 8, 2012 played 892 Hours pays 0$ (need to change that)

Guild:
Sportfreunde Wraeclast (best Guild in PoE)
/global 4745 - deutscher Chat
Well, it's like arguing that a dollar is expensive when all you want to do is spend 5 or 10 cents. There is plenty of stuff that you can buy in the range from a single Alteration orb through to a single fusing, but try seeing how many builds you can find that are capable of getting anywhere near the end of Merciless based on such items.

There is a balance to this game that ranges from the virtual giveaway prices on low level items through to insanely priced gear that sells for hundreds of Exalts and which only a very few can afford. Somewhere in between is where the majority of people function and create their builds. As I pointed out before, the initial writeup is a little misleading in how little can be expended on this build, because it soon starts strongly suggesting a pile of items that do indeed start adding up to 15 - 20 Exalts if you grab them all. Considerably more if you throw in a 6-link LC. Bu the bottom line is that if you want you can incorporate most of the suggestions by buying gear for somewhere between 30 - 50 chaos in total that will give you a pretty decent build and take you through to a pretty reasonable level. Just don't delude yourself into thinking that it will take you into end game, because it won't. But with luck and a little farming along the way, you can start to steadily upgrade as you go along. That's how games like this function, like it or not.

Alternatively, if you still want to balk at the prices, I can only suggest you try an entirely different build that can be had on the cheap to a certain extent, like one or two of the RF builds - before they get nerfed in a couple of weeks!
Last edited by timbo1959 on Aug 4, 2014, 9:51:58 PM
RF should be alright with the nerfs, there planning on switching to the Dorayni's catalyst as well:) RF is probably the cheapest end game build that ive come across. Still once the patch hits will probably be 10ex or so (and a 6l is preferred so add 20ex). I levelled a RF MF (Magic find) build using Molten Strike since I hated infernal blow, worked really well.
Last edited by Fhark on Aug 5, 2014, 3:29:41 AM
Yeah, I may try an RF build next time round, even with the limitations. I once did a run with a guy who was insanely OP, yet couldn't deal with even the most basic of totems - that's why I was along for the ride. It was kind of funny actually. It was like riding along with an elephant mowing down everything in sight, but I'd have to be the one to deal with the mice because it was scared of them. As you say, even a decent RF build will still cost you, thought it's all relative.
Last edited by timbo1959 on Aug 5, 2014, 10:24:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info