1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
Ithilien wrote:
Hi, the link to the part of the Tree labelled "HP + Shield Block + Elemental Adaptation" is not working (comes back an error). It's not really important, as one can follow the path with the following link, but I thought you would like to know.

By the way, found this awesome chest...

... which means I'll be stuck with a 2H weapon for a while now, as I'll never be able to get 4/5 reds on it. First world exile problems :P

Thanks for the heads up. Ill take a look at it as soon as I can. Guess poe builder changed its locations recently as I hadn't touched the trees in a long time.

Is there anything else anyone wants added?
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jul 31, 2014, 6:10:29 PM
Hi timbo nice Lightning Coil (remember its very handy if u try another build some other day) I think alphas howl is awesome, you can run 2 auras eg grace/determination and anger (If AOF) + tempest shield. Gears looking good, perhaps better gloves with attk speed. I dnt know if u have Iron Reflexes can be good with all the evasion from LC and Alphas Howl.
Im still going another way running Grace, Determination and Anger, had to drop haste at +70 maps when i got 4 bosses in that spider lair. Damage is about 9500 (goes up a bit with blood rage) armour is about +19000, health is +5100, I plan on getting atziri's step slink boots when I can add another 30 odd cold resist somewhere.

Miragesmt the lightning coil takes phys dmg and converts it to lightning dmg then with overcapped lightning resist you mitigate a lot of dmg, (I have run it and its quite surprising the difference it makes) a topaz flask helps a lot with this as it raises your cap by 10.
All that being said if you have a good 5l I wouldnt worry about the LC first maybe best to get to lvl75 and buy a doryanis instead.
Last edited by Fhark on Aug 1, 2014, 6:07:48 AM
@Fhark. How are you squeezing in those three auras - snapshotting?

I have marginally better damage, but the big difference is that my armour is about half yours,makes a big difference if you can run Grace AND Determination. Interestingly, I thought about swapping out Grace and putting in Determination, because Dex issues are preventing me from leveling Grace further than level 14, but I discovered that even a 20/20 version of Determination doesn't match the numbers a level 14 Grace gives you - about 400 less in fact. Interesting.

Yeah, the LC does have some nice numbers on it, and I picked it up for a good price - pays to be courteous sometimes. Only took me 15 rolls to get the colours I needed as well thankfully.

I'm leaning towards using the Alpha's Howl because of the bonuses to the Auras and being able to run TS for the extra blocking, but it means I'm going to have to really concentrate on making up the Fire and Lightning resists on the rings and gloves, perhaps at the expense of looking for other boosts.

I'm also very interested to see how the new skill tree pans out for this build. Hope it helps, rather than harms it.
Hi again,
I am a bit confused.

As i said few messages ago, i finally bought a Doryani's. It had a very low rolls, so i divined it a bit, but i still loose DPS from my old Siege axe :/

5L molten strike: MS/multistrike/WED/FA/BM
My build is very similar to yours.
Siege axe DPS with Hatred: 8596
Doryani's DPS with Hatred: 8059

I know it's a meh roll, but i don't have unlimited funds to divine it again and again.
With these rolls, phys dmg and attack speed are better with the Siege axe, ok, but i thought that the 80-100% elemental damage will make the difference. Looks like a no.

I bought it x3 the price of Siege axe, and i am now thinking about selling this mace...
So, Doryani's has to be a (very) high roll to deal great DPS ? (better than my 330Pdps rare)

Thanks.
Typically, and if my memory serves me correctly from when I bought mine, the better Doryani's don't usually give much better than pdps in the high 310's - and that's at the high end. But you also have to factor in the elemental damage granted as well. The Siege Axe is giving you approximately 340 pdps, right? The Doryani's about 270 - as you say, the numbers on it aren't great.

I also don't get how your total dps suffers so much, because while the numbers on the siege axe are better, it's all pdps, and if you've approximately followed the original still tree layout you should have a fair amount of elemental damage boost factored in that should benefit the Doryani's. I'm certainly no expert on these matters however.

Don't have time to work out the numbers, but upgrading to at least a 300 pdps Doryani's should help, but whether it can make up that difference I don't know - and why invest all that if all it does is bring you on a par with the siege axe?
Last edited by timbo1959 on Aug 1, 2014, 10:55:53 AM
Thanks Timbo for your response.
As you mentionned, i have 40% increase elemental dmg from passives (Catalyse and the 2 little ones, Templar section), and 30% fire from Lava lash.

At this moment, Doryani's is 269 Pdps (336 for Siege axe).
I can put a couple of Divines on it, but not more.

"
and why invest all that if all it does is bring you on a par with the siege axe?

Because i thought it would be a big upgrade, looking at these 80-100% ele dmg :).
Last edited by meow66 on Aug 1, 2014, 11:20:44 AM
Sorry, you misunderstood. I wasn't criticizing the purchase of your present Doryani's - I think we've all bought items that we thought would be great upgrades only to find the results disappointing. I was merely postulating on the fact that it probably wasn't worth it to go out and try to buy a better version with 300+ pdps when it really wouldn't do much more than get your numbers closer to those on your siege axe. Sure you could keep divining the present one, but wow, that can really add up very quickly. Because they can be had fairly cheaply if you shop around (I got mine - it's aprox. 300pdps - for 3ex with a little wheeling and dealing and just being polite, which makes a big difference to some sellers when all they do is deal with people acting like arseholes most of the time!) I'd probably go out and just get another Doyriani's myself - but of course, that's without taking into consideration the pros and cons versus your siege axe.

One last point - why no Avatar of Fire? Even though some people dropped it, I wouldn't do without it. At one point when I noticed that the original skill tree had been changed and omitted it, I took it out, only to see my damage drop by over a thousand - so I took the passive back straight away.

And to stay on the point about courtesy, it really does help in my view, and I don't put it on in some cynical fashion - that's just the way I was raised. And a lot of the time it reaps it's own reward. My LC - which by rights could easily have been selling for 40 ex at the time and more because of the good evasion/armour numbers (prices have come down a little since) was going for 35 ex, and the guy ended up selling it to me for 28 Ex - after waiting on me for a week to get the last little bit of currency needed and turning away a few other people who chased him up about it. It simply helps to be polite and establish a raport with people, at least in my humble view.
Last edited by timbo1959 on Aug 1, 2014, 1:09:59 PM
I totally agree with you regarding politness. It's so much to play in a good mood.

For me it will be hard to buy a good rolled Doryani for one simple reason: i play in hardcore.
Here, there's only 2 Doryani's for sale atm. One with worse rolls than mine costs 20-25ex, the good one 30+ Ex...

So maybe i'll try 1 or 2 divine, but not more.

For avatar of fire, i haven't tried it since the closed beta, when it was removed from tree, so why not ?
Thanks.
Hi timbo I grabbed sovereignty which is 4 passives, im not going up to Precise Interception at all. Will just grab shield nodes where i am, this is my passive tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtFE0XLxmFGjIaOBpVGmwdFCSqJy8oxSmlMn4yiTboNuk6Uj38R35KfUw1TipRYFPfVcZV1lb6Vw1X4lhjWNtZ81uvXz9gS2EhZKNk52VNZp5noGoeapNuaXB9cql0QXTtdud35XrvfNmApITZhO-HdozPj0aQVZHOm4OezaC0ogCkrKTCpzCnhKgYqZWsqqyvr420-bZBu-28n76nwA_AGsbYz2XQ0NIh0k3V7d0N42rjn-w47w7wH_Iv8wbzvvPd9kj3MvrS_MU=

I do feel more useful now that i have such high armour. Grouping is much better as well which is handy to keep the lvl 70's+ maps going.
This just allows me to squeek through with lvl 20 grace (Int 3 points to low to use a corrupted stone of lazhwar :( Also I have no ES now so thats a 2% buff on block im not getting.
If you wanna map at all hit me up in game, HF Fhark.
Last edited by Fhark on Aug 3, 2014, 3:00:36 AM
@Meow66 - Oh, my apologies, I didn't realize you were in hardcore. Shows you should never make assumptions! I can certainly appreciate that availability and price is a different kettle of fish there. I can't play hardcore - I'd put my foot through the screen and throw my PC out the window if I got killed due to synch issues! Closest I've come was taking part in the charity event.

As for those prices in HC - ouch!

Don't take my word for it on Avatar - there are other on here who know the numbers and breakdown better than I do. If you happen to be right next to it on the skill tree spend a passive and see what a difference it makes to your numbers. If it doesn't work for you all it takes is one regret to retrieve the passive - a lot cheaper then spending divines. Like I said, I wouldn't be without it.

@Fhark - Hey, I might take you up on that offer, but give me a little time to sort out my gear!

I see from your tree that you grabbed leather and steel (better than leather and lace I guess!) - that must help account for a lot of that additional armour. I'll have to give it some thought. I might also have to consider Sovereignty if it helps me use a third aura. Getting hard though if I also want to max out the blocking!

Cheers
Last edited by timbo1959 on Aug 1, 2014, 4:59:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info