1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

Here is my passive tree at level 78 using a 2 handed mace. Anything you guys would change?

Also, what do you guys think of picking up Ondar's Guile? It's not that far away and it doubles the chance to evade projectile attacks, which includes magic projectiles. Seems like a nice little addition to this build's survivability.
Last edited by Route1 on Jun 10, 2014, 12:30:44 PM
"
Route1 wrote:
Here is my passive tree at level 78 using a 2 handed mace. Anything you guys would change?

Also, what do you guys think of picking up Ondar's Guile? It's not that far away and it doubles the chance to evade projectile attacks, which includes magic projectiles. Seems like a nice little addition to this build's survivability.

First, you won't evade Ethereal Knives (EK) since they have 100% chance to hit. Spells can't be evaded with Ondar's. However, Piety's ice arrows can.

BUT you have Iron Reflexes and unwavering stance. Ondars would do absolutely nothing.

Remove Blood Drinker. You have Avatar of Fire meaning you do Zero physical damage. Leech requires physical (Except the life leech gem).

Looks fine otherwise. I see you're not using Three Dragons Helmet (if you are then you shouldn't be. It requires Static Blows). I don't know much about 2H to know if that 4 point investment above point blank is worth it.

I'd consider repathing through the evasion nodes in duelist remove blood drinker and diamond skin (resists should be from gear). This gives 12% attack speed, 40% evasion (which is armor with iron reflexes), 8% mana. It would only cost you 10 strength and 12% all resists.

Pacific (GMT -8) Time
So first, just wanted to say it appears that when using Doryani's Catalyst, you do not need a level 20 CwDT to benefit from Elemental Proliferation :)

My question now is, after finally 5 linking a Lightning Coil, would it worth switching up my gear from
Spoiler
to whatever I'd need to cover the extra lite resist I would need?

Right now I can smoothly run most 70-75 maps/mods, but still have a hard time with certain ones. Anyone have any suggestions? My IGN is PlaguisPyro if that'd be easier for anyone willing to help :)
Last edited by plaguis on Jun 10, 2014, 6:38:22 PM
"
plaguis wrote:
So first, just wanted to say it appears that when using Doryani's Catalyst, you do not need a level 20 CwDT to benefit from Elemental Proliferation :)

My question now is, after finally 5 linking a Lightning Coil, would it worth switching up my gear from
Spoiler

Right now I can smoothly run most 70-75 maps/mods, but still have a hard time with certain ones. Anyone have any suggestions? My IGN is PlaguisPyro if that'd be easier for anyone willing to help :)

Not sure what your passives look like, but since you have the Doryani belt and mace you should pick up AoF and replace the Carnage with an amulet that will fill in any gaps you have.
"
Abelos wrote:
"
plaguis wrote:

Spoiler

Not sure what your passives look like, but since you have the Doryani belt and mace you should pick up AoF and replace the Carnage with an amulet that will fill in any gaps you have.

Thanks for the advice! My passive tree is:

I was going to wait until I one day linked/bought a 6L before picking up AoF, as I could then run Fire Pen, but I'll give that a try!
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
Route1 wrote:

First, you won't evade Ethereal Knives (EK) since they have 100% chance to hit. Spells can't be evaded with Ondar's. However, Piety's ice arrows can.

BUT you have Iron Reflexes and unwavering stance. Ondars would do absolutely nothing.

Remove Blood Drinker. You have Avatar of Fire meaning you do Zero physical damage. Leech requires physical (Except the life leech gem).

Looks fine otherwise. I see you're not using Three Dragons Helmet (if you are then you shouldn't be. It requires Static Blows). I don't know much about 2H to know if that 4 point investment above point blank is worth it.

I'd consider repathing through the evasion nodes in duelist remove blood drinker and diamond skin (resists should be from gear). This gives 12% attack speed, 40% evasion (which is armor with iron reflexes), 8% mana. It would only cost you 10 strength and 12% all resists.

Okay, I got rid of blood drinker and I plan on repathing through the evasion nodes when I get a chance.

Damn, once you hit mid/late 70s levelling is so damn SLOW.
"
Route1 wrote:
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
Route1 wrote:

Damn, once you hit mid/late 70s levelling is so damn SLOW.

Just wanted to say, if you can spend the alts on 70-73 maps to get +35%+ pack size/magic monsters depending, I've been able to manage 15%-35% per map at that level :) Not the best for loot if you're not using regals/alcs but for pure exp that's been working for me personally. If you want a buddy on Ambush in that level range to run said maps with, feel free to add me :)
Hi, I'm using this build (I think I'm straight up using the posted one except I needed some extra res and stats somewhere) and would like some suggestions, I just sold a Soul Taker so I have 33 ex to spend but not sure what to get. This is my current gear
Spoiler

Would love some suggestions, thinking about getting a 6l coil but I'm not sure if I can balance out the res with the remaining ex.
"
tentimes wrote:
Hi, I'm using this build (I think I'm straight up using the posted one except I needed some extra res and stats somewhere) and would like some suggestions, I just sold a Soul Taker so I have 33 ex to spend but not sure what to get. This is my current gear
Spoiler

Would love some suggestions, thinking about getting a 6l coil but I'm not sure if I can balance out the res with the remaining ex.

Check out Arsenaldo's post on page 65 of this thread, there is some good information in it. He has been farming Atziri so this may be were you are headed.
"
Abelos wrote:

Check out Arsenaldo's post on page 65 of this thread, there is some good information in it. He has been farming Atziri so this may be were you are headed.

Cool thanks, this thread is long i had missed that post, exactly the kind of stuff I wanted to see :) Got myself a decent 6l chest now gonna start working on the rest of the gear :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info