1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
Madcow1120 wrote:

molten strike scales off of physical damage so I don't think that sword will do much of anything with molten strike.

Do you use three dragons helm? If so then chance to ignite means nothing (unless you are Not avatar of fire And run hatred).

I'm not using three dragons until I pick up static blows, using a random armor helm til then.

My tooltip dps increased by 700 but hatred stopped being relevant, so i'm running grace currently, my reduced mana isn't high enough to run two auras at once anyway. The clear speed seems faster so i'm not sure the fire damage not being physical matters.

The sword is temporary until I find a better axe anyway.

Here is my passive tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0OPBQgFE0YkRjbGjgaVRznHRQg8CFgJy8ppTJ-Mok26DpSPfxAoETnSn1OKlBHVvpXDVfiWGNZ81uvXz9gS2EhY6dko2aeZ6BqHmo7cql0QXTtdPF253fleu982YTZhO-Haod2jM-QCpBVkGyRzp65ns2fy6IApKykwqcwp4SoGKmUrKqvjbvtvJ_AGsbY0iHdDd1G45_sOO8O8i_2SPcy-tL8TvzF

I'm thinking about taking the 15% resists off of cold and lightning to get closer to static blows, and i'm planning on taking amplify after seeing what it actually does.
Last edited by Sirdanile on Jun 6, 2014, 2:50:54 AM
"
JoKeRoNe wrote:
Where do you get all the lightning resistance from ?
i dont know how to be alble to use lightning coil without spending way to much passive points ?

Hi Joker,

All of my lightning resists came from spending simple cheap gear. My current rares I have spent no more then 1 or 2 chaos on. use poe.xyz.is and search for items with +HP and dual resists on gear. Rings can easily boost your resists up tremendously as well. Really it is not very hard at all to get the resists needed for it, you may just need to do a little bit of gear revisions to meet it.
"
Falcyon wrote:
Amplify revised!

I got it a bit wrong there about Point Blank. Forgot to degrade its damage. So here are how things really work.
With Amplify, you get 12% more area, and 8% more damage. In my experience, it is far better/faster against monster packs and I'd recommend it for fast levelling your build. Fights against midrangers like voidbearers got easier and packs of rangers can be cleared faster.
In theory, wider area might mean a bit less 'close to you' damage and I was expecting harder boss fights. But in practice, I found that Amplify had no issues against bosses.
...Not to mention that wider area also meant more chances to hit fast exiles :P

Talk about an amazing contribution! Very well done sir. Amplify looks like is back in the game.

I am still curious about how it will play in the highest level maps. By that I mean it seems more susceptible to over shoot a primary target like a boss or an exile leading to what would seem like an overall dps loss (not a problem in lower maps). Now a lot more questions follow that such as, are we dealing enough damage to reach the hp/sec regen cap if one more fireball flies out of range that much more often? Clearly the DPS boost is is proven. AoE clearing is better with this change. Its just those highest level maps bosses/exiles that keep sticking in my head, a question only affecting a few people really though.

Have you tested this in the 74+ Map range Falycon? Or anyone for that matter?
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jun 6, 2014, 2:36:58 AM
"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
Falcyon wrote:
Amplify revised!

I got it a bit wrong there about Point Blank. Forgot to degrade its damage. So here are how things really work.
With Amplify, you get 12% more area, and 8% more damage. In my experience, it is far better/faster against monster packs and I'd recommend it for fast levelling your build. Fights against midrangers like voidbearers got easier and packs of rangers can be cleared faster.
In theory, wider area might mean a bit less 'close to you' damage and I was expecting harder boss fights. But in practice, I found that Amplify had no issues against bosses.

Talk about an amazing contribution! Very well done sir. Amplify looks like is back in the game.

I am still curious about how it will play in the highest level maps. By that I mean it seems more susceptible to over shoot a primary target like a boss or an exile leading to what would seem like an overall dps loss (not a problem in lower maps). Now a lot more questions follow that such as, are we dealing enough damage to reach the hp/sec regen cap if one more fireball flies out of range that much more often? Clearly the DPS boost is is proven. AoE clearing is better with this change. Its just those highest level maps bosses/exiles that keep sticking in my head, a question only affecting a few people really though.

Have you tested this in the 74+ Map range Falycon? Or anyone for that matter?

I just had to contribute to this great build you started! As for 74+ maps... I haven't tried it yet. Still in 70s. Right now I see it as a fast leveling node which hopefully will be great in high levels too. It will take some testing when things get tough. It's just a node that can easily be refunded.
But just thing of a 6L Molten strike combo with conc.effect and Amplify's +Aoe +dmg...
"
Falcyon wrote:
Amplify revised!

Falcyon, that graphic is awesome. I have one question that I need clarification on, Does the +2 melee range from Master of the Arena passive extend the non degradation zone out a little more? I hope that question makes sense to you.
"
Abelos wrote:
"
Falcyon wrote:
Amplify revised!

Falcyon, that graphic is awesome. I have one question that I need clarification on, Does the +2 melee range from Master of the Arena passive extend the non degradation zone out a little more? I hope that question makes sense to you.

gamepedia says: "Projectiles are spread randomly over a 270 degree circular area within a radius of 5 to 20 units around the target struck."

So, I suppose projectiles will still cover a range of 5 to 20 (-24 with Amp) with same degradation. Master of Arena only affects your initial hit. Projectiles follows the same rules.
It's going great so far but I've got a couple of questions:

What's the general consensus on Mace Physical Damage% nodes? that 24% one handed phys damage% node(Fencer)? any general rule of thumb that determines if a Phys dmg% node is worth it or not?

Are +Attack Speed nodes worth it? how good is Avatar of Fire?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you :)
Last edited by Tyraziell on Jun 7, 2014, 6:01:44 AM
1) phys dmg% are worth it - do you need it? I wouldn't worry until after the main build is done.
2) attack speed is but only if you are going right past it, do not go out of your way for it.
3) AoF - yes if a) you have a 6L OR b) Doryani's Catalyst + Doryani's Invitation
So the verdict is that Amplify is really worth it? I'm running a 2H version.
I still have not taken it as it is I am still working on getting more block and I do not have any issues with clearing speed or damage. I do not have anything I would currently give up to grab it.

Its a decent choice for sure and one I would place more as a personal preference still...
1) take it: Increased AoE range and a bit more AoE damage but potentially less overall single target damage.
2) dont take it: Smaller AoE range and a bit less AoE damage but better single target damage (since the balls will not be traveling as far and are more likely to strike a single target).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info